forum

Dear Denizens of OT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1

Dear denizens, we are gathered here today to celebrate the start of a golden age in the history of OT.

OT is a bit like exquisite cuisine on that shabby kebab-shop down the street. Initially, you don’t expect much. After all, how could a restaurant rated 1.2 stars on TripAdvisor possibly cook up a dish worthy of a Micheline star? Then you enter the shop and your expectations drop even further. There’s chaos everywhere, and you’re unsure as to whether the kebab-shop even serves food. The employees and chefs sometimes pop in to extinguish fires in the kitchen, but otherwise, it’s apparent that the place is run by employees. But yet, when the dish finally arrives, somehow, it just works. Through the blending of completely different ingredients and spices (including a lot of salt), what should have ended in disaster leaves you wanting more, and the kebab-shop soon becomes your favourite place to get some grub, to the point where you couldn’t stop even if you wanted to.

OT is that dish. We are the ingredients, the spices, the flavours melding together to create one of my favourite places to procrastinate. Although we are all entirely different people with different personalities, careers, dreams, outlooks on life and philosophies, this forum ties us all together in a way I never thought would be possible on an online forum. We contribute in our own way; creating elaborate threads on surreal topics, making up ridiculously intense games with no apparent purpose and interact with each other every day to form something truly unique. Heck, we have our own lore, our own citizen class system, institutions, court cases, companies, events and so on. There will never be something else quite like OT, and I’m proud to be a part of this community.

Which leads us to today. The 3rd of March 2019, we conducted our first election, deciding who we wanted as our leader and face outwards, and the first President of OT, Achromalia, was chosen to lead us forwards. But what is a president without a functioning and intricate system of laws and statutes to govern and follow? What is a nation without its backbone? Thus, as the true patriots we are; me, Abraker, Tad, Achromalia and a couple others sometimes, set out to make the official OTConstitution. We plowed through document upon document, discussing, rectifying and writing for months until finally, on the 16th of April 2019, we finished our work. With the final draft completed, we patiently perfected the statutes, ironing out any oversights, planning for the dawn of a new age, a new nation for us denizens to frolick in. And today, I’m proud to say that our efforts have paid off.

Dear denizens, we are gathered here today to celebrate the start of a golden age in the history of OT, the finalization and implementation of the OTConstitution
Tad Fibonacci
Sublime!
abraker
Well said!

also the drinks are on me!
Achromalia
AAAAAAA.

[EXCITED SKELETON RATTLING]
Carmlillball
TLDR
Journal

Carmlillball wrote:

TLDR
"OT is gr8"
Ashton
Hat to the hat and relax
Luqanted
this is pretty cool
Meah
ColdTooth
The weather is nice, with a slow breeze coming overnight. I hope you all have a very safe weekend.
Serraionga
It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming... On days like these, kids like you...

マクロスΔ
ギリギリ爱!ギリギリ舞!ギリギリ爱!ギリギリ舞!

GSG95
That was beautiful. Thank you, fellow scum.