forum

Wolf's Den: Suikoden, Rogue Galaxy, and other unsung heroes

posted
Total Posts
show more
eee
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Silent Wolf_old
Although I never played it, Shadow of Colossus seems to be an interesting since I've seen sceen shots and trailers. But I think the difficulty setting of the game might be challenging, is it?
Atmey
I played Shadow of Colossusm, beat the first boss, then dunno, got bored on the way to the second boss.
I beat Rogue Galaxy, the ending wasn't that great, but the final battle was good. Battles sometimes are very repetitive. "I am you father" concept is just too old. But it was an okay game. I played Suikoden 2 a little, and I had no idea WTF was going on in the battle. I played the 3D one, I didn't like it. Never heard of wolf's den. I remember that capcom's PS2 game just like gladiator, forgot the game but I was good. Didn't beat it though.
Topic Starter
Silent Wolf_old
Sorry, Wolf's Den is the name for my threads...
Atmey
And I thought I missed an awesome game :(
Topic Starter
Silent Wolf_old
Nah, you didn't.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86
There's a lot of neglected games that are great, but I can't think of any right now...Actually the only one for me is Suikoden V...I swear if I got through the whole way that story would have been phenomenal. I need to replay it...but geez, it's such a pain with the Stars of Destiny...

I heard such positive stuff with Rogue Galaxy indeed.

Beyond Good & Evil I heard was a great game but didn't do well in sales.
Topic Starter
Silent Wolf_old
Acually, your right about Beyond Good and Evil..now if only I could find a copy...

And Yes Suikoden 5 was good. Euram Barrows is a pain in the backside. And CHEESECAKE is food for the gods...lolz at Georg...
eee
hey, of course, everyone is complaining about how SOTC is boring, but if you take time to soak in the glorious graphics.
even though it was very easy -_-
Mogsy
Nobody seems to care AT ALL about Theresia. That's funny. Sure, it may be an old school adventure game, but it's one that manages to stand out. Not well enough for most people, apparently.
Atmey
Mogsy

Atmey wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Nobody seems to care AT ALL about Theresia. That's funny. Sure, it may be an old school adventure game, but it's one that manages to stand out. Not well enough for most people, apparently.
I played both Room 215 and something similar with a white haired girl with a ghost, they were kinda boring, but I liked the drawing style of room 215. I'm guessing this one is similar.
Trace Memory, I take it. And it is similar due to the fact that it's an adventure game, but it's got a psychologically horrifying story and it's absolutely wonderfully written.
Topic Starter
Silent Wolf_old
Sounds interesting...should get it...

Anyone still think that the PS1 has good games ASIDE from the Final Fantasy Series?
I played games like Brave Fencer Musashi and of course...Suikoden.

Anyone play the Super Robot Taisen series?
adam2046
I played the Original Generation games on GBA and the games that were translated by Aeon Genisis, i'm going to download Alpha Gaiden as soon as I get a better internet connection.
Mogsy

Silent Wolf wrote:

Sounds interesting...should get it...

Anyone still think that the PS1 has good games ASIDE from the Final Fantasy Series?
I played games like Brave Fencer Musashi and of course...Suikoden.
Do it, although Theresia took me FOREVER to find.

Of course there were tons of great games sans the FF series on the PSX. Persona/Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, Wild ARMs, Klonoa, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (shut up I don't care if it's easy I fucking loved it since it combined a musical with an SRPG), Chrono Cross, and others.
Topic Starter
Silent Wolf_old
I don't mind if you've got your own taste for certain games...
But I get disturbed whenever someone just judges a game console based only on graphics and gameplay capability...

Well, young gamers are an excuse of course, but those who've played for years? Come on, that 's such a mainstreamized and narrow view...

I'm talking about other people who have made comments on youtube, my classmates...etc. Not you...
Pokebis
I'm just going to throw in this thread that I really enjoyed Second Sight on the GCN. I know you can legally download it for free now on Gametap, so I encourage you all to give it a go. I dunno if it's as good as the console versions though, but I loved it.
awp
Grandia and Parasite Eve were cool PSX games.

Good games on the PSX? What about one of the greatest games of all time? Oh right, Metal Gear Solid, that was on the PSX wasn't it.
Mogsy

awp wrote:

Grandia and Parasite Eve were cool PSX games.

Good games on the PSX? What about one of the greatest games of all time? Oh right, Metal Gear Solid, that was on the PSX wasn't it.
Remind why those games weren't on my list? D:
Duoprism
+1 to Xenogears for one of the best stories and characters of all time.
Pokebis
I found this on /v/ a few days ago, so I guess I'll post since it's relevant to the topic now.