forum

A full pledged music player based on osu! [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
shiios42
Doesn't have to be as complicated as the other music management softwares out there. Just the ability to play music files with the cool interface of osu!. It could be a separate package from the game. The display on the right side can be a drop down menu for music files while the left side can contain album artwork and song information. You could also sort based on artist, album, genre etc in the top bar along with a fully functional search bar. Sure it may not compete against other players like itunes or winamp but it can be a fun alternative to other media ccenters such as xbmc . It could also be one of the most skinnable media player with the power of the osu! skinning community. Feaures like music videos, movies , and even tv shows could be implemented later. I could not think of any other media center that can be more attractive than using the osu! interface. Sure, xbmc might be a contender but it is focused more on television box sets. An osu! like media center would be the perfect supplement for all desktops and laptops.
Azure_Kite
We could also implement a minigame where you click notes to the beat of the music! Support.
-Athena-
I ****ing love you Azure. (no homo)
Topic Starter
shiios42
Not sure if that comment was sarcastic. But to further clarify, I only want a separate music management software that is not connected to the main gameplay of osu! in anyway. Sure I can also achieve the same effect by adding my own songs without assigned beatmaps but I was hoping for features and interface that is built in FOR maintaining music libraries. Sorry if this is not considered a valid suggestion.
Azure_Kite
This has been requested before, as in, implementing a better player for music in the Main Menu. But it's been stated before, that osu! is a video game, not a personal media player. You're quite welcome to program one yourself, though.