forum

Earning Kudosu through Gameplay Milestones [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
theMikeAG
Currently the only way to earn Kudosu is to mod other people's maps. I think it would be nice if we could also earn Kudosu through reaching certain gameplay milestones such as earning S ranks, surpassing certain Combo amounts, and playing large amounts of beatmaps. Why would this be a good idea? These are my thoughts.

1: To help players improve their mapping.
In my opinion, one the most important things to do in order to make better beatmaps is to play the actual game more. I tend to map better after playing maps by MATs or BATs for instance.

2: To make it less 'painful' to spend Kudosu.
Surely this has happened to you. After earning your Kudosu through modding you are faced with a dilemma. Do you spend the Kudosu on yourself in order to claim your reward? Or do you use it on the beatmap you just modded that really deserves it? If we earned Kudosu through gameplay, we wouldn't feel quite so bad giving it away.

3: To give extra incentive for players to start mapping.
I'm fairly certain (with no research anyway) that there are several high level players who haven't touched the edit mode in their life. Earning Kudosu through gameplay could convince them to try their hand at mapping. Their first maps could start with a pretty nice priority boost.

Those are my thoughts. What do you guys think?
Sakura

theMikeAG wrote:

Currently the only way to earn Kudosu is to mod other people's maps.
And that should be the only way to earn kudosu.
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Kudosu
Low

what
Azure_Kite
Considering kudosu is supposed to be a reward for giving back to the community, I feel this would dilute kudosu's worth to the point you may as well just remove the kudosu system, and mod things like we did back in the old skool days.

But then, I'm sure everyone would complain, like they do now.
Vish024
As it is people are criticising the current system, this idea would only worsen opinions and cause more disputes within the community.