forum

[invalid] Entering #modhelp - a short message

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
dkun
Recently over the last few weeks, or much rather months; there's been an increase of people in #modhelp who ~do not actually~ contribute to the subject of modding, as in.. they have no kudosu nor any idea how to mod. Some of you may say that #mod is never on subject anyways, but I beg to differ.

Anyways, the entire purpose of this is to add another line, such as the "MOTD" shown when joining #osu.

My idea is adding a similar line after joining #mod, but to alert the user that this is a place for fellow modders — experienced or novice, to come together to find help for their maps, or to simply converse about things. What I propose is sweet and simple, and could overall help the channel as a whole.

"Welcome to #modhelp, this channel is used for fellow modders/mappers to get together to help each other with mapping techniques, rankability, and modding!"
Sakura
Considering the chat auto opens the last channel you were in nowadays, it'd be nice if Bancho gave you the welcome message on the channel you're at when you login.
Topic Starter
dkun
Yeah, this is exactly what I had in mind; as in my idea would replace the "If you see any bad behaviour..." line, or be right under it.
Stefan
People rarely "get lost" into #modhelp and newer join the channel if they need feedback and/or help in mapping. And the topic discussions became somehow not related to mapping anyways, since three years at least. Forcing people to use the channel for mapping-/modding-only conversations doesn't work, and won't in the future.