forum

Option to automatically save all logs from PMs [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +24
Topic Starter
xsrsbsns
As title.

I tend to forget to save manually when it's *important*..

OP from Makar's thread:

Makar wrote:

There have been a lot of times when somebody crashes or some other computer problem happens and osu closes before given the opportunity to savelog. Sometimes people mod maps and forget to savelog and so they can never get kudosu for it (or osu crashes). Sometimes people idle or go afk and get a message but when they come back, osu has shutdown or crashed or the computer loses power so they don't even know if they have been messaged and if they have they don't know what was said. Sometimes people get banned and are unable to show logs of what happened since they get kicked from the server. I could list more cases but I'm sure you see the point. It's a nice thing to have anyway, and a lot of IRC clients do this. You wouldn't have to remember to savelog everything before closing so you are able to look back at things if needed.
Derekku
I actually don't think that this is a duplicate (for once).

I agree with this and expect it after having 90% of my private messages on irc.
Bittersweet
Oh yes, please.
Gaba
Support.
Maraiga
This would be great, support.
Sakura
I'd like more of a real-time save chatlog like mIRC but being able to disable it for specific channels, in addition to this of course.
Support
Makar
There have been a lot of times when somebody crashes or some other computer problem happens and osu closes before given the opportunity to savelog. Sometimes people mod maps and forget to savelog and so they can never get kudosu for it (or osu crashes). Sometimes people idle or go afk and get a message but when they come back, osu has shutdown or crashed or the computer loses power so they don't even know if they have been messaged and if they have they don't know what was said. Sometimes people get banned and are unable to show logs of what happened since they get kicked from the server. I could list more cases but I'm sure you see the point. It's a nice thing to have anyway, and a lot of IRC clients do this. You wouldn't have to remember to savelog everything before closing so you are able to look back at things if needed.
Enna Alouette
WOW MAKAR OAO +1 SUPPORT.
JAKACHAN
Support like a bawss <3 Mark
meiikyuu
support support support ~~
dkun
This would be very useful in event of client crashes, yes.

Do support, but not enough for a star on my end. I'll throw a star or two if this garners more support.
YTYuyu
omg yes for sure. sometimes i chat with a friend and i end up crashing, and that makes me wonder if the person i'm talking to replied or not. you got my support :)
Seph
oh sweet jesus yes
Xakyrie
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

words cannot explain how much suffering not having this request has caused. quite a great deal of unnecessary pain, I tell you QAQ

support xinfinity
thiefer
support~
LunarSakuya
Sure support
Pereira006
support o.o i need that uheuehuehuehueh
Haruka_old
a lot of what you said has happened to you like 9001 times. :? support to end your pitiful suffering~
Shota
I. Support.This.
Because dcing in the middle of a conversation can be a pain in the butt.
Mercurial
Very useful... Thank you for bring us this marvelous idea.
Agnes
Agreeing with this. I tend to have those moments where the client crashes and it's just like "Pfft, I forgot what x said to me" and it's something rather important.

You have my support.
OzzyOzrock
This never happens to me but I LOVE IT.

SUPPER!
Nyquill
dis makar wagon
Topic Starter
xsrsbsns

Makar wrote:

link me if there is one
t/80770/
dkun

xsrsbsns wrote:

Makar wrote:

link me if there is one
t/80770/
As this has garnered more support compared to the last thread, it'd be a shame to list this one as the duplicate.
Topic Starter
xsrsbsns
That is indeed true (I didn't ask for the icon). After all, this is already +24 and I'm all for getting this approved asap.
Mercurial
Bump + Support 'cuz the another request is Duplicate.
ziin
xsrsbsns' thread should just be moved into this one.
Makar

ziin wrote:

This please >:

'Don't want that SP to go to waste really, if it could be transferred that works too but xsrsbsns' thread doesn't really have much information in the OP either.

EDIT: Welp I guess the 24 SP is already gone... I really wish votes would at least be restored or transfered when something is labeled duplicate.
Xakyrie

Makar wrote:

ziin wrote:

This please >:

'Don't want that SP to go to waste really, if it could be transferred that works too but xsrsbsns' thread doesn't really have much information in the OP either.

EDIT: Welp I guess the 24 SP is already gone... I really wish votes would at least be restored or transfered when something is labeled duplicate.
I sense an opportunity to make this a new feature request.

...I-I mean I would, if only I wasn't so busy with work ._.
-GN
I love having this function on stand-alone IRC clients, and I think it would be a good feature to have - support.
Stefan
I'm too lazy to do this myself, so support.
Sakura
While on this subject an option to auto-log all channels/PMs in real time would be nice.
Derekku
Merging threads! Wasn't able to add the +4 priority from the second thread, but at least the +24 from this one is still here!

Mods: Please keep the higher priority thread in cases like this!
Makar
Thanks Derek!
DerekMcD
Copied from p/1692233 .

Metro wrote:

It would be very nice if osu automatically saved logs of all my private conversations.

It would also help in the following situations:
  1. osu!/computer/power crash
  2. when there's an osu! update and you're afk (you come back and osu! is patched and restarted or ready to be launched but chat windows are lost)
If this is too much to ask then another solution would be a check box in every open chat window that when clicked automatically saves that window's chatlog.
-------------------

+Support

I need that feature...
Ephemeral
i'll look into implementing this sometime in the future after i am done with the localisation changes - it will likely only be for private chat sessions and not for main channels, however
Mercurial

Ephemeral wrote:

it will likely only be for private chat session
This is what all of us are looking for, Ephemeral.
Ephemeral
i got lazy and decided to do this before localising it and finished the entire feature in about 10 minutes

expect it to appear in a test build relatively soon (it is effectively complete)!

proof: http://ha.ppy.sh/ss/729
Xakyrie

Ephemeral wrote:

i got lazy and decided to do this before localising it and finished the entire feature in about 10 minutes

expect it to appear in a test build relatively soon (it is effectively complete)!

proof: http://ha.ppy.sh/ss/729
wwwwwwwwwwww

yeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhh