forum

[resolved] Apply the "Fun Spoiler" unlock to all difficultie

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Thymidine
So far, the "Fun Spoiler" has proven to be pretty useful to me on certain maps, and I like how it's been implemented.

Now, as I understand it, the requirement of playing through a map is there to not have the mapper's work go to waste, which is perfectly fine.

What I would like to see is that when you unlock the settings for one difficulty, that they are unlocked for all difficulties. As it is now, the potential problem of being unable to beat a difficulty due to an intense storyboard or a distracting skin is still there.

Adding this would still have the requirement to play with, and appreciate, the storyboard and whatnot, but you'll be able to then move on to the harder difficulties, without the things that distract you.
Sakura
inb4 people play Easy to unlock Insane

Also remember difficulty specific storyboards exist.
mm201
I thought this was part of the original design intent.
Playing Easy to unlock Insane is fine.
MillhioreF

mm201 wrote:

I thought this was part of the original design intent.
Playing Easy to unlock Insane is fine.
peppy says otherwise... http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/1652510

peppy wrote:

Unlock will be per difficulty, but I will make settings get transferred to all difficulties.
Stefan
Agree peppy and Sakura.
Topic Starter
Thymidine
Okay, if that's not feasible. How about making unranked plays count? Probably not counting Auto though.

That seems like a fair compromise. I still have to play the map, and appreciate the storyboard for each difficulty, but I can have the relax or auto pilot mode help me overcome the difficulty obstacle that potential distractions create.
akrolsmir
Just pass easy, change the settings on easy, and use those changed settings on insane or whatever...