forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ceph23
Hi again. So yeah. Do you guys have any suggestions for a good RomCom with a really far-fetched plot?
I.E. NouCome, Mm
Things that lean more into the comedy genre. Thanks :)
tenshi_OwO_old
can someone suggest any slice of life anime??
Luna
Haibane Renmei, Eve no Jikan
Magic Girl
Hi again, I finished watching Girls und Panzer, loved it fave character is definatly Mako, I share your pain Mako, waking up early is our greatest enemy T_T Anyway that aside anyone have any more suggestions for anime like Railgun, suggest as many as you can cause I seem to have watched most anime that are simaler to Railgun. If you can't think of any gimme a comedy anime!
Jelledot
Anime suggesting.. huh..

Well let me think a bit.

->

D.Gray-Man

Great anime, great story, quite an amount of action and blood, wont watch this -12 and such, it's just too much for them in my opinion, besides that very good anime, sadly the ending was a bit sloppy.

Hajime No Ippo

If you like sports, Boxing in this case, and Humor, this is pretty much the anime for you, such an amount of humor yet action aswell due to the Boxing fights ofcourse, very funny anime in my opinion, would rate this 9/10, so glad there came a third season for this.

Yumekui Merry

It's about someone who was moved to the human world and is actually a ''dream eater'', well apparently she wasn't that, she just wants to return to her own world, and it's a very exciting anime, sadly it was very short. :c

Skip Beat

For an anime that's a drama, this is one of the best anime's I've ever seen normally I'm not really into drama anime, but this one is very good, it's about acting actually and ''taking revenge'' but I won't spoil anything for the ones that are going to watch it.

SKET Dance

Yeah, it's about a school club pretty much, but it goes far beyond that for me, it's a great comedy/humor/school anime, I would suggest this to about anyone imo, it's about this club called SKET having 3 members which are Bossun, Himeko and Switch, and in the future another member *hurr* Won't spoil anything, but it's really great, it's around.. 70-ish eps, just wish they made another season.

Have fun tho. c:
Raiken-
I'm looking for an advanture anime.
Fabi
Can anyone recommend me sports? So far I have seen/seeing Slam Dunk, Ace of Diamond and Kuroko no Basket.
Luna
One Outs, Hajime no Ippo, Cross Game
If you count game anime as sports, Chihayafuru and Hikaru no Go
Fabi

Luna wrote:

One Outs, Hajime no Ippo, Cross Game
If you count game anime as sports, Chihayafuru and Hikaru no Go
Thanks, gonna check them!
Luna
Any suggestions for good ambient/atmospheric anime, preferrably creepy/unsettling stuff? Kinda like the calm parts of Cossette no Shouzou.
Doesn't need to be horror genre (fwiw, horror in anime sucks)
rokasrj
Anyone have Romance/comedy where you can laught from.
Sanbyoururu

Luna wrote:

Any suggestions for good ambient/atmospheric anime, preferrably creepy/unsettling stuff? Kinda like the calm parts of Cossette no Shouzou.
Mushishi? It's not creepy though and isn't supposed to be, but at least some moments I found rather unsettling. Maybe that's enough for you. Overall, it's pretty much the anime equivalent of ambient music for me, so I really think you should give it a try.

rokasrj wrote:

Anyone have Romance/comedy where you can laught from.
Lovely Complex? One of the few shoujo series I could actually stand watching, and to be honest, I even love it. It's a bit stupid at times I guess, but that's ok since it's genuinely funny and heart-warming (in my opinion, that is). Likable characters, not too shoujo-y overall... while it might not exactly be the best anime ever created, it's easily the best romcom around (bar Toradora, which I think is considered romantic comedy as well, though it didn't quite make me laugh like LC) , as far as I'm concerned. :3
Luna
Mushishi is actually my favourite anime series, so that would've basically been a perfect suggestion.
I just forgot to post the link to my MAL, my bad!
Mogsy

Luna wrote:

You're already watching it, but I'd recommend Shin Sekai Yori. It's not wholly creepy and unsettling, but its moments genuinely work.

I'd also recommend Ghost Hound and finishing up Texhnolyze. Damn good examples of being creepy and unsettling (while maintaining a cold distance in its direction).
Apex_old
untitled
Sapphiire_old_1
Woudl like somthing with not to many episodes a funny anime , pref with somme ecchi scenes and maybe some high school
Tenri_old

SoG Tava wrote:

Woudl like somthing with not to many episodes a funny anime , pref with somme ecchi scenes and maybe some high school
Highschool DxD and Highscool DxD New? If you haven't seen them.
Sapphiire_old_1

Tenri wrote:

SoG Tava wrote:

Highschool DxD and Highscool DxD New? If you haven't seen them.

Yeah i already saw it :s
Navizel
^Sora no Otoshimono and B Gata H Kei.
Dafydd

SoG Tava wrote:

Zero no Tsukaima, Lucky Star, Baka to test
Miralee
SoG Tava wrote:

Kissxsis -> not too long very funny A LOT OF ecchi scenes^^ and high school
Lybydose
I've never watched any anime before ever.

GIVE ME SOMETHING
YTYuyu
lyby watching anime D:. let's see...if you're into music--i mean the genre, then i'd suggest watching K-on and Love Live.

Comedy...it's short with 10eps but worth watching IMO...it's called Noucome but the official title is pretty long.

there are other comedy animes like Baka to test, Seitokai Yakuindomo, and Azumanga Daioh.

if you like horror, i'd suggest Higurashi, Another or Dangan Ronpa.

if you wanna see anime that would give you tears and you're not afraid to show it, then i'd suggest watching Clannad, Air, and AnoHana.

well that's all i can think of in the top of my head :D.
Luna
I think Byakugan's suggestions are a bit overly otaku-targeted for someone new to the medium. May just be my opinion, dunno.

Studio Ghibli movies are always great to start with: Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky etc.
A typical entry series for most western audiences would be Cowboy Bebop.
If you tell us what kinds of shows/movies you generally like, that might help in suggesting something.
YTYuyu

Luna wrote:

I think Byakugan's suggestions are a bit overly otaku-targeted for someone new to the medium.
yea~ didn't think that through ><.
NoHitter
Pretty much what Luna said. If you tell us what genres you might like then it'll be easier.

At the moment with no basis, I would suggest Steins;Gate: Pretty good sci-fi/thriller genre. One of my personal favorites.
Dafydd
studio ghibli movies are so slow. some plots are also a bit dull. i don't even know why most people think princess mononoke is a masterpiece.

unrelated: same goes to sword of the stranger. it was disappointing.
Mogsy

Nbhw wrote:

studio ghibli movies are so slow. some plots are also a bit dull. i don't even know why most people think princess mononoke is a masterpiece.

This isn't a thread about bashing peoples' suggestions. Good for you, you don't like something. This isn't the place for that. This is a thread to make suggestions, not bash titles.

Also: looking into mech titles outside of the obvious TTGL, Evangelion, and RahXephon. Looking into something perhaps a bit over half a decade old, and I don't mind if it's on the serious side of things or the sillier side of things.
Sethlied

Mogsworth wrote:

Nbhw wrote:

This isn't a thread about bashing peoples' suggestions. Good for you, you don't like something. This isn't the place for that. This is a thread to make suggestions, not bash titles.

Also: looking into mech titles outside of the obvious TTGL, Evangelion, and RahXephon. Looking into something perhaps a bit over half a decade old, and I don't mind if it's on the serious side of things or the sillier side of things.
Evangelion isn't mecha you retard

Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Super Deformed Gundam
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Dafydd
@Mogsworth/Luna: I'm sorry. My emotions got the better of me back there. Anyway, even though I'm not much into most ghibli movies, I think Nausicaa and Ponyo are the best ghibli movies I've seen.

@Sethlied: Code geass is mech
JokerFate
anyone know youtube channel or link for touhou memories of phantasm?
YTYuyu

JokerFate wrote:

here.

JokerFate

Byakugan249 wrote:

JokerFate wrote:

here.

hoo thankies thankies~ now I have a life for the next 30minutes~
world_eater
can you suggest me animes like Black Lagoon
Mogsy

world_eater wrote:

can you suggest me animes like Black Lagoon
First thing that comes to mind in a similar vein would be Jormungand and Jormungand: Perfect Order. Loads of moral grays, dealing with a nutso arms dealer. Fun to watch.
Faust

Mogsworth wrote:

(<ゝω・)☆ KIRABOSHI!

There are plenty of mecha shows over a decade old and are quite silly (or spectacular), plenty of which I unfortunately, have not watched myself.

Big O
Bokurano
Full Metal Panic
Macross (Original)
Gunbuster
Gunparade March
Gunparade Orchestra

@world eater: Gungrave or Trigun (If you haven't already seen this)
Mogsy

Faust wrote:

(<ゝω・)☆ KIRABOSHI!

There are plenty of mecha shows over a decade old and are quite silly (or spectacular), plenty of which I unfortunately, have not watched myself.

Big O
Bokurano
Full Metal Panic
Macross (Original)
Gunbuster
Gunparade March
Gunparade Orchestra
(<ゝω・)☆ KIRABOSHI! ohhh Star Driver I wish you were better

I've seen a few of those (Big O, FMP, original Macross). Gotta finish up Bokurano (read the manga, seen enough of the anime to know it deviates), but haven't touched Gunbuster/Gunparade. Gonna definitely check those out!
KaiZer-Chan123
AMAGAMI SS . I think this anime is very cool
Navizel
Yeah. It's a decent one. Rihoko's arc though. Still need to watch SS+ orz
Raiken-
I need new anime to watch. Genre "Action" pwease.
show more