forum

#multiplayer: Download progress-bar [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
threenash
All is said in the tittle :D
It would be cool to see the progression of players downloading the beatmap, instead of waiting for them sometimes to no avail :/
Nitojgrem
well, this would just count for supporter :I ... what would you do with non-supporters? Just show no bar? D:
Sey
Why only supporter?
Sounds quite realistic that also a non-supporter could get that feature.

Anyway, that function would maintain plenty of people to kick players with a lower connection out of the room. So I do not think it can be supported.
Sakura

SeySan wrote:

Why only supporter?
Sounds quite realistic that also a non-supporter could get that feature.

Anyway, that function would maintain plenty of people to kick players with a lower connection out of the room. So I do not think it can be supported.
Know a way to capture the download bar from any browser? non-supporters always have to download from the site due to no osu!direct.
Mercurial
Seysan, you mean non-supporters could view the progress bar of the others users but they couldn't download beatmaps by osu!direct.

If the idea is as I said, yeah, I support.
Sey

iMercurial wrote:

Seysan, you mean non-supporters could view the progress bar of the others users but they couldn't download beatmaps by osu!direct.

If the idea is as I said, yeah, I support.
That's exactly what I meant.
Edit: Anyway, there should also be the opportunity to see the download status of non-supporters if I understood the main idea correctly, but how should that be possible without OsuDirect?
Mercurial
I think that's impossible, 'cause the downdoad is going from another program external from osu!.
Sey
And only seeing the download rate of supporters is defective. The majority of the osu-community is based on non-supporters. So it will be kinda useless.
Topic Starter
threenash

SeySan wrote:

Anyway, there should also be the opportunity to see the download status of non-supporters if I understood the main idea correctly, but how should that be possible without OsuDirect?
Yes exactly! But yeah it seems to be impossible because as you said, non-supporters download from another program :(
Wishy
Still useful, support.
dkun

SeySan wrote:

And only seeing the download rate of supporters is defective. The majority of the osu-community is based on non-supporters. So it will be kinda useless.
Not really. Just another nifty feature if you do choose to be a supporter.
ziin
Almost every game has a supporter. If one supporter is downloading, you've got a pretty good guess as to the other players.
I'll always download before the supporters are finished downloading, since mediafire is much faster than osu's servers.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
host: %?
player2: 50%
player3: 70%

o.o
Seph
sure why not, its a pretty good idea. at the very least people would stop asking how long your download is.
Mercurial

ziin wrote:

Almost every game has a supporter. If one supporter is downloading, you've got a pretty good guess as to the other players.
I'll always download before the supporters are finished downloading, since mediafire is much faster than osu's servers.

^