forum

Streaaaaaaams

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tom69_old

JAKACHAN wrote:

ITT: couldn't stream a song legitly so used some cheap and terrible tactic that gives terrible accuracy instead of actually trying to improve.

And by terrible tactic I mean double tapping i lose a ton of respect for people who give up and resort to such means.

"ITT: couldn't stream a song legitly so used some cheap and terrible tactic that gives even better accuracy instead of actually trying to improve.

And by terrible tactic I mean using a keyboard in addition to your mouse / tablet. i lose a ton of respect for people who give up and resort to such means."

Do you see just how much sense you are making? Also: If you get a lower accuracy by doing it, isn't it already a penalty?
WTF? How is a legit playstyle a terrible tactic? I am the one losing respect to people who blame others for playing the game in a smart way.
Ohh, and for the 1000th time. If done correctly doubletapping actually is HARD, and it doesn't necessarily yield 100s. I'd like to see one single hater who is actually able to properly pull it off.
silmarilen

Ekaru wrote:

Ex. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/42494 That song's girly, but it demonstrates my point nicely. Look for songs like that one and just practice.
that map only has 3s, i dont concider 3s to be real streams, otherwise i could stream 240 BPM.(oh i wish i actually could)
kriers
Stacks of 3, 5 and 7 and even 9 can be done to perfection without you being able to stream imo
Ekaru

silmarilen wrote:

that map only has 3s, i dont concider 3s to be real streams, otherwise i could stream 240 BPM.(oh i wish i actually could)
The goal is just to get a feel for the speed and to show the kinds of songs to look for - ones where you can easily sync your taps with the music. If I was thinking of length then I'd be an asshole and link this:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/2583

Actually, if you upped the AR and OD to 8 via the Editor then it's probably pretty decent training. That map has aged pretty well compared to most maps from its time.
JAKACHAN

Tom94 wrote:

"ITT: couldn't stream a song legitly so used some cheap and terrible tactic that gives even better accuracy instead of actually trying to improve.

And by terrible tactic I mean using a keyboard in addition to your mouse / tablet. i lose a ton of respect for people who give up and resort to such means."

Do you see just how much sense you are making? Also: If you get a lower accuracy by doing it, isn't it already a penalty?
WTF? How is a legit playstyle a terrible tactic? I am the one losing respect to people who blame others for playing the game in a smart way.
Ohh, and for the 1000th time. If done correctly doubletapping actually is HARD, and it doesn't necessarily yield 100s. I'd like to see one single hater who is actually able to properly pull it off.
10/10 for not understanding a single word I said lol... I clearly said that using a keyboard is a terrible tactic!

How is double tapping even trying to follow the rhythm of a song? It isn't it's a cheap way to slip past streams and not even have to worry about the rhythm of a song.

Playing a rhythm game by not following the rhythm is totally smart.

Ridiculous...
silmarilen
you have to follow the rythm of a song to be able to double tap, you still have to tap in the same BPM as when there is a single tap pattern.
JAKACHAN
I give up trying to argue it because clearly some people are just too reliant on it.

I still stand on my advice for the OP to just practice and don't try to use some "Special Technique" to improve your streaming.
thelewa

F m L wrote:

Frizz925 wrote:

I can't stream ;-;
I can't stream either :(
me neither
silmarilen

thelewa wrote:

me neither
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25871
fuck you

sincerely
silmarilen
Ekaru

silmarilen wrote:

thelewa wrote:

me neither
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25871
fuck you

sincerely
silmarilen
I concur with silmarilen's sentiment.

sincerely
Ekaru
BeatofIke
I can stream, but not accurately. Also, my finger stamina sucks. :(
YodaSnipe
I can... sort of... stream... kinda...
kriers
Serea can stream. Can't think of anyone else.
Kanye West
goooooooold streaaaaaams what can i doooooooooo
winber1
random other off topic thing, but is it just me or is playing consistent triplet streams harder than actually streaming wtf

also i just randomly seem to get better at streaming. One I just suddenly feel like I can stream faster and with more accuracy. it's kinda weird. tho i guess i do do a lot of doubletiming/play fast songs.
Gon

kriers wrote:

mugio3 (G59 SS etc.)
JAKACHAN

winber1 wrote:

random other off topic thing, but is it just me or is playing consistent triplet streams harder than actually streaming wtf

also i just randomly seem to get better at streaming. One I just suddenly feel like I can stream faster and with more accuracy. it's kinda weird. tho i guess i do do a lot of doubletiming/play fast songs.
Streams are more consistent when constant triplets are a little more to register therefore it ends up being harder to stream consistent triples than a stream of the same magnitude. Also, some people usually start every stream with the same finger they single tap with (I do this) so you end up putting more strain on that 1 finger to start each triple right after ending the previous one with it, but this only applies to those that play in that certain way.

The bottom is more of just a conditioning effect :P Not every time you improve it's going to come over time. Pretty much every time I have improved at streams it has been some randomly large improvement (Like 140 max to 180 and then 180 to 200 and so on) it just depends on the person. Some people will improve slowly over time and then others won't improve for a while and then all of a sudden they get a big jump in speed or endurance.

Once again it all depends on the player.
Tom69_old
For finally contributing something to the topic here are some awesome practice maps for long streams:

Various Artists - Stream Practice Maps
Unlucky Morpheus - BPM210 Shanghai Alice @ Extra Stage
ISHTAR - AgraiA @ Extra
Various Artists - osu! ~ Deathstream Compilation
Various Artists - 1412 training map (this one is really crazy)
gyorin
jesse1412

Tom94 wrote:

For finally contributing something to the topic here are some awesome practice maps for long streams:

ISHTAR - AgraiA @ Extra
my training map can't be downloaded due to file size, here is a working link: http://puu.sh/EPJx terrible copy paste jobs but I don't care.

Also I'd say I can stream relatively well, on a really good day I can keep 300bpm for 20-40 notes and keep 220 for 300 or so. My suggestions:

Relax - this is the most important thing for long stream at 220 bpm or less.
Raise your ring and pinky fingers - fairly certain this is common knowledge.
Try to keep your wrist at the same height as your fingers - this helps with long streams
Completely ignore steps 2 and 3 if you are trying to do over 270 bpm

Not quite remilia-scarlet but I'd say I'm pretty damn fast still.

oh bonus tip for weird people like me: pull your shoulder out it's socket when you stream.. It hurts so much AFTER streams for me and I can't help it.
djjsixpack

Knickerus wrote:

kriers wrote:

Stacks of 3, 5 and 7 and even 9 can be done to perfection without you being able to stream imo
I thought I could stream 230 when I was doing 5 and 7 stacks comfortably.

Ha.
Heh heh, same. If that were the case I could stream 250 bpm no problem.

Alas, my top is probably 140 on long streams (200-300+)
F m L_old

kriers wrote:

Niko-
boat

jesse1412 wrote:

My suggestions:

Relax
Says the guy that dislocates his shoulder when he streams.
Sonez_old
Anyone got tips for improving endurance? My fingers get tired sooo fast its pathetic.
Aqo

Sonez wrote:

Anyone got tips for improving endurance? My fingers get tired sooo fast its pathetic.
Stream more and long without stop for as much as possible.

See that post by Tom94? It's very good. Play those again and again and again (take breaks if the carpal tunnel starts kicking in). It helps a lot, for both speed and stamina.
RaneFire
If your fingers start getting sore and not just tired, break is recommended! I made my fingers stiff for a week. Couldn't do any streaming :(
Jordan

jesse1412 wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

ISHTAR - AgraiA @ Extra
my training map can't be downloaded due to file size, here is a working link: http://puu.sh/EPJx terrible copy paste jobs but I don't care.

Also I'd say I can stream relatively well, on a really good dayI can keep 300bpm for 20-40 notes and keep 220 for 300 or so. My suggestions:

Relax - this is the most important thing for long stream at 220 bpm or less.
Raise your ring and pinky fingers - fairly certain this is common knowledge.
Try to keep your wrist at the same height as your fingers - this helps with long streams
Completely ignore steps 2 and 3 if you are trying to do over 270 bpm

Not quite remilia-scarlet but I'd say I'm pretty damn fast still.

oh bonus tip for weird people like me: pull your shoulder out it's socket when you stream.. It hurts so much AFTER streams for me and I can't help it.
300 bpm? uh
Tsukimi Luna
my fingers are retarded....for some reason
Everytime i just got on osu... i wont be able to stream 180bpm
But after some warming up i can even do very fast songs sometimes....
But theres one thing... My fingers is not designed for long streams

Eg.) i can stream mad machine on the quintiple notes and quadruple notes.... but i cant even stream most deathstreams that are like 192bpm > Usatei 2011 (Extra)

I can even stream 290 to 300 cpm triplets and quintiples at my peak
But never deathstreams...
Always and will be my weakness alawys orz

Idk maybe i just need more practice i guess......
winber1

Yuu-Chii wrote:

my fingers are retarded....for some reason
Everytime i just got on osu... i wont be able to stream 180bpm
But after some warming up i can even do very fast songs sometimes....
But theres one thing... My fingers is not designed for long streams

Eg.) i can stream mad machine on the quintiple notes and quadruple notes.... but i cant even stream most deathstreams that are like 192bpm > Usatei 2011 (Extra)

I can even stream 290 to 300 cpm triplets and quintiples at my peak
But never deathstreams...
Always and will be my weakness alawys orz

Idk maybe i just need more practice i guess......

kriers wrote:

I can stream 500 bpm with triplets... but that doesn't mean shit because that isn't streaming >_>. I'm not much of a streamer anyways

like kriers said, streaming does not mean triplets, 5's, or even 7's or 9's. Streaming is maintaining a constant and accurate speed for a relatively long time (at least 20 notes or so? idk, maybe more)
JAKACHAN

Jordan wrote:

300 bpm? uh
There is this little thing people always mention in stream discussions/questions about not listening to people like this because they like to inflate their own egos.
MMzz
so where is everyone's chipscape FC's.

All these so called fast streamers.
thelewa
I can stream 270bpm for about 5 notes, that means that I can stream 270bpm, right?
ampzz
Hi, I'm a person with reason and I cannot stream for shit.

Thank you for your time.
jesse1412

JAKACHAN wrote:

Jordan wrote:

300 bpm? uh
There is this little thing people always mention in stream discussions/questions about not listening to people like this because they like to inflate their own egos.
I don't see why it's hard to believe. Like I mentioned this isn't an everyday thing. I think that's important to mention as well - don't expect to be able to stream the same speed every single day; sometimes it's just not gonna happen.
G0r
Doesn't seem hard to believe to me. I agree that it's not something you do every time, but who is going to gauge their speed by what they do 100% of the time? Every one screws up sometimes.
winber1

thelewa wrote:

I can stream 270bpm for about 5 notes, that means that I can stream 270bpm, right?
of course
Ekaru

thelewa wrote:

I can stream 400 BPM for two notes. That means I can stream 400 BPM, right?
Aqo
hit two buttons at the same time

infinity streaming

Go for SS http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17380
higurush

winber1 wrote:

thelewa wrote:

of course
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/155583
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/155743

277 and 292 bpm.. can survive half way without failing, nomod... So I can stream 277 and 292 bpm? = =
seriously.. no..
winber1
your sarcasm detector seems to be malfunctioning
show more