forum

[web] Close Threads Automatically after some time [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Mercurial
After seeing some threads getting derailed (Mostly Beatmaps), I propose this feature, making the threads close automatically after 3 weeks or 1 month.

From what I heard, the beatmaps' threads remain open to provide some errors of mapping or timing, etc.

The only thing what I see is this

p/1637691

or this

p/1617033

If somebody needs to provide something really wrong with a beatmap/thread, he/she/it/whateverelse could PM at the many BATs/Admins that are around here.

Edit: Or giving the authority at the OP to open again the thread/beatmap thread.
boat
As the problem in your opinion seems to be nothing more then shitposts and stupid bumps in threads that aren't meant to be bumped, rather lock beatmap threads after them being ranked and unlock if changes need to be made, and generally lock threads that don't need any more replies.
Topic Starter
Mercurial

boat wrote:

As the problem in your opinion seems to be nothing more then shitposts and stupid bumps in threads that aren't meant to be bumped, rather lock beatmap threads after them being ranked and unlock if changes need to be made, and generally lock threads that don't need any more replies.
If a beatmap needs changes, the modder could request to the beatmapper or any BAT/Admin to re-open that thread and post the failure, also, the thread could be locket itself after the changes are applied.
boat
Okay so every time someone needs to mod a map thats no more then three weeks old they'd need to contact a BAT?

Lock threads that are inactive for a reason so that stupid people cant necrobump them. There is no need for an automated feature like this, especially not one that locks threads after only three weeks. Better forum moderation, rather.

In the long run it surely seems to be a much less of a hassle for the ones who moderate the forums. The BATs generally post to announce it when they rank a map, just lock it whilst you're at it.
Topic Starter
Mercurial

boat wrote:

Okay so every time someone needs to mod a map thats no more then three weeks old they'd need to contact a BAT?

Lock threads that are inactive for a reason so that stupid people cant necrobump them. There is no need for an automated feature like this, especially not one that locks threads after only three weeks. Better forum moderation, rather.
I mean, Ranked Beatmaps, not Graved or Pending, you know.
boat
>Lock the thread once it gets ranked and let the people who want to congratulate the mapper do so through the chat client or wherever else.

No need for it to be an automated service, especially not outside of the beatmap section. If anything, three weeks is a far to small timespan, and so is a month.
Topic Starter
Mercurial
People giving congratz after 1 month? is it a joke?
boat
Nobody is talking about stupid congratulation posts which could aswell be sent privately, hence lock threads that don't need further posts, outside of the mapping sections too. If a map is done then its done, if a BAT notices something off then he/she would have to unrank it and announce that anyways.

Or just don't browse ranked maps. Problem solved.
Topic Starter
Mercurial
Sometimes BATs don't notice of the unrankable things...

Example: p/1627306

Also:

p/1218344

dafuq?
boat
I still stand for locking threads that need no more replies. If someone who isn't a BAT notices a mistake then he could as well talk to a BAT to unlock it, no more of a hassle then what you're proposing, and no need for any implementation. What also needs to be locked are question threads and other threads that really for a fact don't need any more replies, which there are a few of. There are dead threads that can be bumped, but there are also loads of threads which people really shouldn't be able to post in anymore.
Topic Starter
Mercurial

boat wrote:

I still stand for locking threads that need no more replies. If someone who isn't a BAT notices a mistake then he could as well talk to a BAT to unlock it, no more of a hassle then what you're proposing, and no need for any implementation. What also needs to be locked are question threads and other threads that really for a fact don't need any more replies, which there are a few of. There are dead threads that can be bumped, but there are also loads of threads which people really shouldn't be able to post in anymore.
I'm looking for auto-lockin' beatmaps' threads, dunno if are really needed that request on other threads/sub-forums.

It could be useful on "Announcements", but that forum is highly moderated, things that other sub-forums lack of.

btw, More discuss is needed here.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
no

people may not understand and hate

"prevent necro" is not a reason to lock them
Sakura
Necro posts for no reason can easily be resolved by clicking the "delete post" button, it's not a hassle at all.
Ekaru

Sakura wrote:

Necro posts for no reason can easily be resolved by clicking the "delete post" button, it's not a hassle at all.
This. Ex. A certain user bumped a few 4-year-old threads in General Discusison with really stupid posts recently in an attempt to get banned. It was resolved simply by deleting said stupid posts.

As far as Ranked and Approved goes... who goes there looking for actual meaningful discussion? Nobody. It's not like that's where you go to see what the newest Ranked beatmaps are, either; that's what the Ranked Beatmap listings are. I see no real problem with somebody posting that they really liked a beatmap - it's on-topic, after all, and again, it's not like anybody goes to that section looking for actual discussion.
peppy
Not necessary.