forum

Help for newbie.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Satokh
Hello everyone,
I'm new here, I won't say that I'm lost but i still need some guidance. Just for the context, primary I want to use OSU as a hand-eye coordination practice tool, but if I manage to push some good scores then I won't complain ;). I can already tell that I'm gonna sink some good time into it from what I tried. Now for the main point, is there anything I should look out for when I play(any tips will help), and should I look for some specific maps/songs/artists/mappers or just go with my guts and download everything and anything I think is good ?(I'm not asking specifically for newbie friendly maps).
Endaris
Have you tried reading the stickies?
You don't have anything specific in mind so if you want a general impression, read these.
Topic Starter
Satokh
Yes I did, and like I said I'm not "lost" thank to them, but maybe I phrased my questins wrongly, let me say it like that: I'm asking about more personal input from other people e.g.: Do You have some favourite map/song You worm up with ? Do You personally have found some small something that help You ?etc. I'm sorry if the post came out like some spam from an ignorant user, but I think I just wanted to cut it a little too short.
lewski
Personally, I just press F2 and play whatever that gives me.
Endaris
Playing osu! is a lot about having your own goals.
You say you want to use it as a "hand-eye coordination practice tool" yeah well, anything will work for this.
Although the game is less about hand-eye coordination than about device-control if you ask me.

Personally I have played this game in many different ways and if it's about improving faster the answer is simply playing more and having goals.
There are no tricks. If people have certain habits about warming up that's their personal thing but nothing you can expect to be helpful for you as well. Not to mention that you will find countless threads if you use search to find out how people warm up.