forum

Who is your motivator for CTB?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CatzerTM
Straight forward question, who really motivated you into continuing to playing/mapping ctb. for me it was Nit0ri,Back then i would say we were fairly similar in skills i'd often try to keep up with the pace of his improvement as he was really improving a lot faster than me, it kept determined to try. he had gotten a 300pp play way before i did so i tried to get one myself and i eventually did. too bad he had stopped playing. i see him online is now and then .-.
Kitsuka
They're not really motivators, since I never talked to them when I started playing CTB, but Sternenstab and Axiaan were people that inspired me to SS farm. They unintentionally motivated me to get as much SS ranks as them. I'm far from them though. x)
Axiaan

Kitsuka wrote:

Sternenstab and Axiaan were people that inspired me

what

Btw for me there are also SS farmers, like me: PakaChan, Lavanville, Rumm, NanaTsubasa etc.
And for skill, Rantanzyon.
Lunyfreya
13187berlin & Vlady_idk & KawaiiCxncer for the motivation to make a 100% accuracy account.

13187berlin & Disco-Master they are my gods! xD My motivation for everything!:D
Nikolai
jussi, tuomas and miika real motivators
azubbang
tbh it's catzer not even tryna be sappy or anything, I don't poke around the forums too often (but I'd really like to start) and I see him pop up a bunch which is how I got to see him first, then I saw that he was pretty high ranked off of only nomod plays and that's really cool I think. I haven't tried learning mods and I feel like I should soon but he reminds me that there's no rush to learn mods, just keep playing whatever's fun and I appreciate that
Zephirine
w
Novoids
myself.
GIGACHAD
Motivation for playing:

Got bored playing osu!std and decided to boot up the Catch the Beat gamemode. Soon after just messing about, I got tapped on my shoulder by some dude (this was at COE2018). Turns out it was b-a-d-s123, Vinci007 and Groex. After some talking and tips I decided to give it a go and keep playing as I liked the movement, the possibilities and challenges it presented, I've kept going and received positive feedback about my improvement, which kept me in the scene. During that time I saw them play and noticed how good it gets when you're top 25. After a few months of playing I gave it a break. Came back 4 months later and am still grinding to this day. Another motivator for my playing is the people I talk to daily; we talk about getting scores / improving ourselves as a player etc.

TL;DR: Met top players when playing CtB out of the blue, positive feedback from peers, friendly community.

Motivation for mapping:

Mostly the mappers' maps I've enjoyed and how little maps there actually are for Catch the Beat. (converts are too hard)

Biggest inspirations when it comes to players: Ascendance & Spectator, I see their names almost everywhere when I'm looking for a map to play and they play very nice. For my maps, I think of it as to give back to the Catch the Beat's mappers & players. Despite them knowing that their map will be not as popular as the typical 1-2 jumps in osu!std, they do it because they care about the community (I assume).

TL;DR: Good mappers make me enjoy mapping, giving back to the community.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
Kimitakari
mapping
mulraf
what got me into this: medals (yes, medals. i know.)
what got me staying: it being an epic game mode
what got me leaving: not enough ranked non-convert maps. i won't bend to play your filthy converts!
what will get me to come back: well, lots of new maps since then so will be back soon <3
honorable mentions: vinci007 for randomly just talking to me, giving me tips, etc. like out of the blue he just appeared spectating while i was playing normally and i barely scratched 3 digits. like does he randomly scroll through everyone playing catch and just spectates them randomly?
XxduckpigxX
For me it Was Trent for telling me I was a good player who was improving quite quickly when I only had around 2kpp or so.
Yumeno Himiko
Fii
AlexTheGamer
ChrisS3097
The hype I get from playing cool songs
KemZii
JBHyperion
For playing - MBomb and others in the UK o!c community

For mapping - anyone who ever played and enjoyed my maps <3
CTB Sakamata1
For me, it would probably be my friend, WitheringSou1. A few months ago, our ranks were really similar and it was just a competition to so who gets better the fastest. But then I stopped farming and he sped ahead.
autofanboy
Gameplay: andysun, Venlas (for spinning), b-a-d-s123 (for HD), Abstract- (for DT)
Mapping: Spectator
VelperK
Motivator in the early days: Krzysiek
Now: osu! friends and the feeling of progress up to this point
show more