forum

[resolved] Tablet not registering pen movement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Troll_inator
So I had a xp-pen g640 for about a year now and it was working completely fine until yesterday. I just wanted to play some Osu but when I put my pen over the tablet the cursor didn't move although the light on the tablet was still showing up and the pressure of the pen was registered. After not finding a solution I reinstalled the driver of the tablet and everything was working again. Today when I wanted to play the problem was there again. Does anybody have a solution for this? Thx for any advice in advance.

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Nigrod
I know when I had that happen to my XP-Pen I just restarted my computer. It works for me so see if it works for you.
Topic Starter
Troll_inator

Nigrod wrote:

I know when I had that happen to my XP-Pen I just restarted my computer. It works for me so see if it works for you.

I restarted my computer like three times yesterday without anything happening so I don't think that this will fix it :(
Nigrod
Did you try plugging in your tablet in a different usb port? In your control panel, do you have "Current Screen" set to 'Monitor1" or whatever monitor your using?
Topic Starter
Troll_inator

Nigrod wrote:

Did you try plugging in your tablet in a different usb port? In your control panel, do you have "Current Screen" set to 'Monitor1" or whatever monitor your using?

Screen is set correctly and plugging it into another usb port doesn't fix it as well. I am pretty sure that the tablet driver is the problem but I don't know why
Death
Is your tablet only not working in osu! or does it also not work on your desktop?
Topic Starter
Troll_inator

Death wrote:

Is your tablet only not working in osu! or does it also not work on your desktop?

Not working on the desktop as well
Death
Maybe try a different cable if possible? If you've already tried reinstalling your drivers and it's still not working at all, you might just want to contact XP-Pen's support.
Topic Starter
Troll_inator

Death wrote:

Maybe try a different cable if possible? If you've already tried reinstalling your drivers and it's still not working at all, you might just want to contact XP-Pen's support.

So I just uninstalled the driver again and the tablet worked completely fine, so as it seems the issue is created by the driver for some reason. Xp-Pen doesn't really give advice for this case in their FAQ for the tablet so I guess I'll have to send them an E-Mail.

Update: Just installed the normal not Osu specific driver and the tablet worked even after restarting the pc once. Only problem is, that the normal driver doesn't give the option to disable the pen tip working as a mouse click which is a problem for me since I drag.
Tobias Leander
Press f10 to disable mouse buttons in osu, then it won't click when u drag mid game.
Topic Starter
Troll_inator

Tobias Leander wrote:

Press f10 to disable mouse buttons in osu, then it won't click when u drag mid game.

totally forgot I have that enabled anyway. Thx for the reminder
Akira Senpai
I'm using XP pen Innovator; my mouse completly refuses to work in osu while it does work on desktop. Also if I tab a folder on top of osu I will see my tablet moving the mouse in the background, but the second I tab back into osu it will chunk the cursor into top left corner of the screen if it registers any input from the tablet. Still same after restart
Dntm8kmeeatu

Akira Senpai wrote:

I'm using XP pen Innovator; my mouse completly refuses to work in osu while it does work on desktop. Also if I tab a folder on top of osu I will see my tablet moving the mouse in the background, but the second I tab back into osu it will chunk the cursor into top left corner of the screen if it registers any input from the tablet. Still same after restart
Please read community/forums/topics/590367
Epic brawl
OK MY PEN IS NOT ALINED WITH THE TABLET DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX IT
cEaSeR_SaLAd
My pen is in the top left corner and I have tried everything everyone says to-do and it' still there. Help me please I want to play OSU again😭🙏