forum

New Mulitplayer Mode "TAG SYNC"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,107
show more
VaiL_old
soo... i guess tag sync will fail because of latency issues?
But it's a very2 nice idea though ^^
tim109525
I think it is hard to playing if they don't have good tacit,but it sounds interesting

cookiezi+White Wolf+tag sync=Auto
Tshemmp
Yeah, I was going to suggest exactly the same thing.

It would also be possible in Taiko: one player hits the dons, the other ones the kats.

But it wouldn't work well in CtB I guess: one player hitting the direction keys, one the dash?
Sync

Tshemmp wrote:

It would also be possible in Taiko: one player hits the dons, the other ones the kats.
That wouldn't work well at all, actually. Imagine trying to hit a drum roll or a stream. It'd be very awkward :<
tim109525

Sync wrote:

Tshemmp wrote:

That wouldn't work well at all, actually. Imagine trying to hit a drum roll or a stream. It'd be very awkward :<
I guess it's easily players hit all note on their keybored to keep their rhythm,the game only read drums or rims they hit ,thus it will
meaningless for taiko
theowest
Bumping this because someone just made a duplicate: t/104377/

I'm replying to the original topic whenever there's a duplicate, it will then be easier for me to find this in case someone makes another duplicate request.

chocolatepudding
mm201
It should be called Copilot Mod.
Drafura
This kind of coop has been rejected due to latencies issues for ctb :s
theowest

mm201 wrote:

It should be called Copilot Mod.
It really should.
Piine
Hmmm.....Audition.....then 5Street.....and now osu! hmmm... I will Support....But LoliFlan you are still fat
MillhioreF
Well hey, this is actually a duplicate. t/46829

I'm gonna mark that one as a duplicate though because of all the stars this one has.
Heibel
Can this even be made, since there might me some delay with the connection between the two players??
Tear
There already is delay in Tag but osu! handles it somehow (uh, can someone explain this, I always wanted to know how it works .-.)
Oh and star :3
laport
Perhaps this will only work well in LAN games, so add that and then add this to it!
boat

laport wrote:

Perhaps this will only work well in LAN games, so add that and then add this to it!
lol, I remember that russian guy who requested this.

Not going to happen.
[Luxord]
ASGHSKJIWE SUPPORT DO WANT. ;D
happy30
I don't think there's any purpose for a LAN setting, just play the standard mode together on 1 pc lol.
I did this with my love already and it's quite fun actually
Akhlis_old
This seems to be a good idea, but I already see sync problems, sadly.
laport

happy30 wrote:

I don't think there's any purpose for a LAN setting, just play the standard mode together on 1 pc lol.
I did this with my love already and it's quite fun actually
I did this with thelewa together and it was fun too, so it's not just for lovers >.> you probably never go to events like big lanparties with many osu players, but internet is usually fail at big lan events so to play together, a simple lan function would be golden for times like these. and yes at lan parties internet connectivity is actually a very common issue.

I remember peppy has said that he will implement LAN if the osu! server ever gets shut down, and correct me if i'm wrong but I think he said he already has the LAN mode all worked out, but simply like you he can't imagine a purpose for now.

So I was just saying, if sync is a problem then LAN is the solution!
VoidnOwO
:)
laport

BRBP wrote:

imagine if someone practiced K1/K2 + M1/M2.
420 blaze it son
Metro
Best way to do this:

Alchemi
bump
Nathanael

hopefulDecay wrote:

bump
Guidelines for bumping a feature request

This seems good. One will act like Autopilot mod and one will act like Relax mod.
Yukiteru Amano
Maybe this can be available for CTB users as well :)? Player 1 = Dashes. Player 2 = Moves the Fruit ryuuta! :D
Mango
Interesting concept, the one thing that's iffy for me is how this will end up working. Because how would you factor in different things such as lag or internet speed difference? I enjoy the idea which will be nice for smaller friend to friend fun, but overall the concept would be hard to create due to some unavoidable factors.
Kuron-kun
please
sheela
Cool idea
Jp-Tiger

Kuron-Kun wrote:

please
xD i think LoliFlan had a nice idea, so i used all votes in this feature request
ksg
Latency exists so this would not work very well, sadly enough.
Ryoomara
This sounds good!~
GitahMuttan

ks- wrote:

Latency exists so this would not work very well, sadly enough.

Like this?
Ryu Sei

B-52 wrote:

Like this?
Oh, I think like that.

But, how does it work on Internet? (especially for players with higher ping?)
hundche
It's a nice idea hahaha will be fun
arviejhay
T-up
loldcraft
here's a quick fix for the network latency issue

for the person moving the mouse, (although i wish there was) there'll be no hitsounds, because he ain't hiting anything.

for the person pressing the keys, his song would be delayed compared to the other person's by twice the average latency (thus if his ping is 200ms, the song and mouse cursor would be delayed 400ms behind the ACTUAL move movement of the other guy) should there be a temporary break in network connection, have auto take over for the time there's no incoming movement packets.

as for the handling the timing of movement packets, to prevent dependency of "starting at the same time", each hit/cursor movement packet's timing is identified by how long since the start of the song was it generated.

at the end of the song the clients transfer and merge each of their respective components, resimulate the game to generate the score and display the scoreboard (live score updating not required as you can't see the scores/accuracy in relax/auto)

players will only realise the delay if:
there is a packet loss and autocursor hits a note the actual cursor player has missed, and they were counting the score,
or they have a method of communication with lower latency than their internet connection (phone or sitting right next to each other, however if they're using skype or something they won't notice)
- Sugoi Sugoi -
I was thinking about this
Great idea :3

bump
h y d r a
have to bump this :3 great idea, i made a post about the same idea not knowing this one already existed, so im throwing stars
Jason X
ok, nice idea
noterta
it would be great
Colin
cool
- Assassin -
I doubt they can sync these 2 players so well that this will work...
zMattbari33
Sounds cool, great idea.
xasuma
Implement pls
AzureDoctor
This is great 0u0
Laxxer
'it will be ESPECIALLY exciting for love couples'

okay first of all there are only a few tag 4 ranked maps so I would see it being useless

second of all I could see people doing it with the big black or something and becoming op

i'm out~

Denied ~
Axon

Whirl wrote:

'it will be ESPECIALLY exciting for love couples'

okay first of all there are only a few tag 4 ranked maps so I would see it being useless

second of all I could see people doing it with the big black or something and becoming op

i'm out~

Denied ~
Why do you put "denied" after your comments, you don't have any sort of moderator powers that are going to mark this invalid. But anyways, you don't need to use it on tag4 maps, just like with the normal tag game modes. Second, it would be implemented as a non-ranked game mode.
Bara-
You can also play Tag on maps which aren't Tag4 you know.

I'd like this, but we have to be realistic here, and accept the fact that there is like a 0% chance of this ever happening
mizuki-chan

Bara- wrote:

You can also play Tag on maps which aren't Tag4 you know.

I'd like this, but we have to be realistic here, and accept the fact that there is like a 0% chance of this ever happening
i think so too, but i like the idea actually.
Asmira
This would be good, I like the creativity in this. I just don't see how it would really be implemented in the game at all... :/

I sure wouldn't mind having that though. :D