forum

New Mulitplayer Mode "TAG SYNC"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,107
Topic Starter
Flanster
I got new ideas for multiplayer which hopefully someone will like/approve so here I go :3

#1.New Tag Mode "Tag Sync"
This is a tag mode which will be played by TWO users.It will be available only when 2 players are present in the specified multiplayer room.
Player 1 will be incharge of moving the cursor to the hitobjects, while Player 2 will be incharge of the rhythm part, pressing the hitobjects.
To Player 1 it will be like Relax Mode, and to Player 2 it will be like Autopilot.It can be especially exciting for love couples.
Saturnalize
> It can be especially exciting for love couples.
I LOVE YOU LOLICORE FLANDRE.
Enna Alouette
wow nice idea +1 support =w=/
Misao

Loli Cjj wrote:

> It can be especially exciting for love couples.
I LOVE YOU LOLICORE FLANDRE.
BACK OFF YU.
i didnt send link for you to drool over him.
i do liek the ideas too anyway o/ <3
Sakura
That's all nice and all, but you should keep 1 thread per request.

To avoid losing your stars you could edit your thread to only one of the requested features, and then make threads for the others.
meiikyuu
i like that quit song option
Topic Starter
Flanster

Sakura wrote:

That's all nice and all, but you should keep 1 thread per request.

To avoid losing your stars you could edit your thread to only one of the requested features, and then make threads for the others.
That's nice and all, but I'll stick to how it is for now :3
Sakura
t/1640

chan wrote:

4. Keep to one request per topic.
Are you sure you want me mark this as invalid just because you dont want to follow a simple rule?
Topic Starter
Flanster

Sakura wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/1640

chan wrote:

4. Keep to one request per topic.
Are you sure you want me mark this as invalid just because you dont want to follow a simple rule?
If its a rule then allright,I'll do it.
Low
This would be quite fun!
Gabi
Uhh, Why would you mark this as invalid? I'm pretty sure peppy would rather have all of these in 1 topic rather than 3.

t/21821/hilit=ph0x Should he make a thread for every request aswell?
Sakura
Thanks, now on the current one, I dont know if it will be possible due to latency issues, which is why you cant see other players' cursors in a multiplayer match either.
Misao

Gabi wrote:

Uhh, Why would you mark this as invalid? I'm pretty sure peppy would rather have all of these in 1 topic rather than 3.
That's what i thought.
Topic Starter
Flanster

Gabi wrote:

t/21821/hilit=ph0x Should he make a thread for every request aswell?
About the seperation.
Your Avatar expresses my current face, and my girlfriend's face too.

_Loop
lol
nice one loliflan :3
+1 \>w</
Shirotaku
that would be a great mode especially for friends :3
nice idea man
+1
Tsukasa
And it might also be used for tag battles.

Choose the best player to aim, and the best person to tap/click/whateveryouwanttocallit For Tag battles of epic proportion
theowest
It can be especially exciting for love couples.
lol.
I do agree that this feature will be very useful. Probably going to be the most used unranked mode in multiplayer.
Mara
This sounds amazing.

Take this star.
ampzz
God no, the latency issues and synchronisation drop-outs alone are hard enough to deal with whenever you're doing nothing more than spectating someone.

This also has nothing to do with TAG either as TAG itself implies a constant change of whoever is in control of the game arena on each new combo then a batton pass to the next person in the team which this does nothing of the sort.
boat
For the player moving the cursor, it would be as playing with an inconsistent relax mode, only problem is to get the visuals of the cursor movement in sync with whos tapping. I guess if you have the variable of latency, then you could run autopilot on the screen of the tapping one, and then throw those keypresses onto the cursor guy, but then it wont be more then a solo game with the end result being boths efforts combined.

Although I don't see why you shun it away just like that, ampzZzzzzZzz. Its a neat idea, only issue is the latency, but that if you want it visually synced too, even tho that OP did not state that.
Azure_Kite
I wouldn't like to play a multiplayer game if it wasn't visually synced. That would look ugly and messy. It is an interesting concept, but the implementation would be tricky, unless you want the game to "pretend" you got notes at the right time until proven otherwise by comparison of the cursor location and click times.
Aurele
WHERE ARE MY VOTES?!. D:
theowest
Hey, I would fear it wouldn't be synced. TAG4 works pretty well and it's already very similar to this.
Sakura
Hasn't this been requested before? i think it has.
D33d
A mode designed for couples to play? This makes me think of the whole "two-man canoes = divorce boat" thing. Still, it could be hilarious. Supporting.
Sakura

D33d wrote:

A mode designed for couples to play? This makes me think of the whole "two-man canoes = divorce boat" thing. Still, it could be hilarious. Supporting.
Reminds of couple dance on audition online, and the latency there can be fatal
Jenny
That old dream of mine and Draeno to FC likely everything... yeah, a neat idea you got there~
Yume_old_old
I support this >< seems nice for multi~
VaiL_old
soo... i guess tag sync will fail because of latency issues?
But it's a very2 nice idea though ^^
tim109525
I think it is hard to playing if they don't have good tacit,but it sounds interesting

cookiezi+White Wolf+tag sync=Auto
Tshemmp
Yeah, I was going to suggest exactly the same thing.

It would also be possible in Taiko: one player hits the dons, the other ones the kats.

But it wouldn't work well in CtB I guess: one player hitting the direction keys, one the dash?
Sync

Tshemmp wrote:

It would also be possible in Taiko: one player hits the dons, the other ones the kats.
That wouldn't work well at all, actually. Imagine trying to hit a drum roll or a stream. It'd be very awkward :<
tim109525

Sync wrote:

Tshemmp wrote:

That wouldn't work well at all, actually. Imagine trying to hit a drum roll or a stream. It'd be very awkward :<
I guess it's easily players hit all note on their keybored to keep their rhythm,the game only read drums or rims they hit ,thus it will
meaningless for taiko
theowest
Bumping this because someone just made a duplicate: t/104377/

I'm replying to the original topic whenever there's a duplicate, it will then be easier for me to find this in case someone makes another duplicate request.

chocolatepudding
mm201
It should be called Copilot Mod.
Drafura
This kind of coop has been rejected due to latencies issues for ctb :s
theowest

mm201 wrote:

It should be called Copilot Mod.
It really should.
Piine
Hmmm.....Audition.....then 5Street.....and now osu! hmmm... I will Support....But LoliFlan you are still fat
MillhioreF
Well hey, this is actually a duplicate. t/46829

I'm gonna mark that one as a duplicate though because of all the stars this one has.
Heibel
Can this even be made, since there might me some delay with the connection between the two players??
Tear
There already is delay in Tag but osu! handles it somehow (uh, can someone explain this, I always wanted to know how it works .-.)
Oh and star :3
laport
Perhaps this will only work well in LAN games, so add that and then add this to it!
boat

laport wrote:

Perhaps this will only work well in LAN games, so add that and then add this to it!
lol, I remember that russian guy who requested this.

Not going to happen.
[Luxord]
ASGHSKJIWE SUPPORT DO WANT. ;D
happy30
I don't think there's any purpose for a LAN setting, just play the standard mode together on 1 pc lol.
I did this with my love already and it's quite fun actually
Akhlis_old
This seems to be a good idea, but I already see sync problems, sadly.
laport

happy30 wrote:

I don't think there's any purpose for a LAN setting, just play the standard mode together on 1 pc lol.
I did this with my love already and it's quite fun actually
I did this with thelewa together and it was fun too, so it's not just for lovers >.> you probably never go to events like big lanparties with many osu players, but internet is usually fail at big lan events so to play together, a simple lan function would be golden for times like these. and yes at lan parties internet connectivity is actually a very common issue.

I remember peppy has said that he will implement LAN if the osu! server ever gets shut down, and correct me if i'm wrong but I think he said he already has the LAN mode all worked out, but simply like you he can't imagine a purpose for now.

So I was just saying, if sync is a problem then LAN is the solution!
VoidnOwO
:)
laport

BRBP wrote:

imagine if someone practiced K1/K2 + M1/M2.
420 blaze it son
show more