forum

[invalid] Ph0X's Request list [Double Cleaned & Re-Updated]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Ph0X
I cleaned it once again, cutting the slightly less important.
I also grouped and prioritized them. The full list is still in the spoilerbox though

Multiplayer:
A1. Ability to leave the multiplayer match without actually leaving the server (aka going back to the ready room)
A2. Have the same song browser with the Top40 and PersonalScore, in multiplayer
A3. Players in readyroom can see their own score and rank (or even browser their songs while waiting)
A4. Spectate a multiplayer game (switch between players by clicking on their names).
A5. Click on users name in readyroom to view user options (right click only?)
A6. Clicking on the song when you're not host opens the beatmap options (view thread, listing, etc)
A7. Songs names that are longer than the box should hould scroll through
A8. Be able to add/edit/remove password in multi room
A9. Song information such as BPM, Duration and link to thread/listing in ready room.
A10. In the scoreboard at the end of the song, show extra score gained from spinners.

Song browser:
B1. Change volume in the song browser, the lobby and the waiting-room. (modifier+scroll or UI in a corner)
B2. Bind to adjust hitsound volume (modifier + scroll)
B3. Hotkeys in song browser for toggling modifiers. http://i.imgur.com/tpL0H.jpg
B4. Hotkey to add song to favorite (while in browser/multi/playing/end).
B5. Create more "Favorites" and be able give them custom names

osu!direct:
C1. A hotkey for opening osu!direct sidepanel with the current song (listening, spectating, modding, playing, etc)
C2. Beatmap status (ranked, approved, etc) and button for song description in osu!direct panel
C3. Modify preview volume in osu!direct
C4. Show filesize and download speed.

IRC:
D1. Auto-logging all conversations
D2. Text selection
D3. Scroll bar (and more lines of chat stayingi n memory)
D4. Vertical resize (± 50% in height) by dragging the lighter part

Others:
E1. Avatar showing in User Options http://i.imgur.com/zNSGu.jpg
E2. Profile on website showing list of songs (Or atleast # of songs) where user has #1 rank

Old thread
SPOILER
I put the list together, cleaned according to the commentaries and added a couple more.
Here is the full list. Some have not been commented on yet, others, I still believe are needed and would like further oppinion/discussion on.

1. Ability to leave the multiplayer match without actually leaving the server (aka going back to the ready room). Vote to restart/cancel song during game would work too.

2. Filter unplayed songs (not beatmaps)

3. Sort by maximum score.

4. Ability to see top40 scoreboard + our score while browsing songs in multiplayer as host.

5. Be able to see our rank/score on a song when in multiplayer (waiting-room)

6. Be able to browse songs while waiting in a multiroom, when we aren't host. (Would solve above request too)

7. Be able to spectate an already started multi game.

8. Hotkeys in song browser for enabling modifiers quickly or reseting them.

9. Be able to click on someone on someone's name in the MP ready room and see their info (add to friend) and avatar.

10. "Ignore" folder (Same as favorites, but songs in that lists are actually REMOVED from full list and only shown in ignored list. You still have the song for when someone puts it in multi.

11. Be able to change volume / mute in the song browser, the lobby and the waiting-room. (modified+scroll or buttons in some corner)

12. Button to update all beatmaps and button to download missing beatmaps for a song we already have.

13. Bind to adjust music/hitsound volume (modified + scroll), or atleast to mute hitsounds.

14. On multiplayer lobby, clicking on the song when your not host and you already have it should still take you to the site page

15. On multiplayer lobby, when songs name is longer than max it can fit (in 4:3) name should scroll through when you hover over (or alt-text)

16. In multiplayer match, you should be able to see who pressed skip with a simple color change or little image next to their name

17. In multiplayer match, just like you can see the score people get (50/100/300), it would be nice to have score they get on spinner.

18. Change skip ratio to 0.75? if 3 out of 4 press skip it skips?

19. Hotkeys for switching the multiplayer options on and off (show locked, friends only, show full). Side or top.

20. In lobby when game is already started, be able to see their level/acc when hovering on their name

21. Power search for the site (min/max for lenght, rating, date, etc. Multiple selection for the other options)

22. Be able to add/edit/remove password in room

23. When a map is selected in Multi, be able to see the letter people have on that map next to their name (previous scores)

24. Custom fps limit along with different hotkey (Keep hitting F7 when going for F8, making me screw up with 60fps in the middle of a match).

25. Hotkey to add song to favorite (while in browser/multi/playing/end).

26. Join multi server from userlist (or atleast show the server name when the game isn't started yet).

27. Download link to a song someone is playing, from the list of users.

28. The skin preview page should have the same background as the song playing, it's hard to see some effects/color with a constant black background.

29. Rate a song without having to play it (need atleast 1 playcount on it)

EDIT:

30. In multi waiting room, add song information such as BPM and duration over or under the song. (Link to thread/listing would be nice too) (latency would be nice too)

31. Show filesize in osu!direct (and maybe dl speed)

32. Profile statistic showing what % of the time the person was idle / singleplayer / multiplayer / modding / editting

33. A way of increasing preview volume in osu!direct

34. A hotkey for opening osu!direct sidepanel with the current song (listening/spectating/modding/playing/etc)

35. Open song folder button under the beatmap right options

36. A button for viewing song description in osu!direct sidebar (Inside, also put if the map is unranked/aproved/ranked)

37. IRC Command: !profile <username>. Takes you to someones profile page.

38. In the scoreboard at the end of the song, show extra score gained from spinners along with the 50/100/300 numbers.

39. Site profile showing list of songs where the player has #1 and overall # of songs where he is in top40.

40. By default, osu! direct showing the same list as in the site instead of being empty (and choosing "all" shows all)
Randy96
24.) You can set a different hotkey in Options>Input.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Derekku Chan wrote:

Ph0X wrote:

2. Filter unplayed songs (not beatmaps)
Per match? Doesn't seem practical since many multi matches don't last longer than a few games.
I meant in the song browser, Toggles songs where you have no score in any of the difficulties.

4. Ability to see top40 scoreboard + our score while browsing songs in multiplayer as host. If anything, our own score, at least.
I really fail to see WHY there would be the "This is latest beatmap" instead of the usual top40 like in the song browser.

7. Be able to spectate an already started multi game.
I'm not familiar with multi-speccing (is it different from per-player spectating?) So I can't comment on this.
Well my idea was (I think someone said it in my previous thread), click on different peoples name to switch between.

10. "Ignore" folder (Same as favorites, but songs in that lists are actually REMOVED from full list and only shown in ignored list.
Uhhhh sure? Doesn't sound practical for people with hundreds+ beatmaps, though. Why would you need to ignore songs?
Well, I have a lot of beatmaps and I see them in 3 categories personally. Those that I really enjoy (favorites), those are cool to play once in a while (my list), and those that I personally find so bad that I don't want to play it and don't want them to obstruct my list (Ignore).

13. Bind to adjust music/hitsound volume (modified + scroll), or atleast to mute hitsounds.
Is this really needed? =/
Gah, Here let me put it this way. I've had hitsounds completely off for the past 6 months, because everytime I decide to turn it on, some random songs come along where the hitsounds are way too loud and ruin the song for me, which makes me go ALL the way back to the options to turn it off and I never feel like turning it on again. Atleast a mute button...

18. Change skip ratio to 0.75? if 3 out of 4 press skip it skips?
Uhh, what is it currently? 1? e.g., everyone?
Yes, according to strager, it's a second form of "ready" to say that you are REALLY ready.

19. Hotkeys for switching the multiplayer options on and off (show locked, friends only, show full). Side or top.
Doesn't seem necessary.
Hmm, well I meant, instead of having a huge toggle board that takes half the screen, use the space on top or sides that isn't being used. The list of servers is already small enough with the chat taking 1/3 and the top taking another 1/3. Toggling the "Show options" everytime gets pretty annoying. I don't see a reason why.

27. Download link to a song someone is playing, from the list of users.
Maybe.
Both are this are pains, finding someone (that isn't your friend) in the lists of servers, and have to remember the name of the song and search it manually to find the download link.

28. The skin preview page should have the same background as the song playing, instead of constant black.
hmmmm perhaps. The black does get a little old after some time XP
I was testing approaching hitsounds with darker (so that they work nicely in both bright and dark backgrounds) but I couldn't really test them in that screen.

29. Rate a song without having to play it (need atleast 1 playcount on it)
Probably intended to prevent abuse, even though it happens anyway.
Well, if you have already fully played a song once, I don't see why you would have to play throught the whole thing again to vote. Also, sorting by the vote you given to a map (and maybe even by the overall vote) would be great too.
Derekku
I meant in the song browser, Toggles songs where you have no score in any of the difficulties.
I think there's already a sort-by-unplayed, but I can't remember how. orz

I really fail to see WHY there would be the "This is latest beatmap" instead of the usual top40 like in the song browser.
Maybe to prevent replays being brought up, but the tabs could be made unclickable or something.

Hmm, well I meant, instead of having a huge toggle board that takes half the screen, use the space on top or sides that isn't being used. The list of servers is already small enough with the chat taking 1/3 and the top taking another 1/3. Toggling the "Show options" everytime gets pretty annoying. I don't see a reason why.
It used to be this way before the MP lobby was added. Hmm..

Well, if you have already fully played a song once, I don't see why you would have to play throught the whole thing again to vote. Also, sorting by the vote you given to a map (and maybe even by the overall vote) would be great too.
True. In the old results screen, I would accidentally click off before I could rate the song. (And since we can't rate songs in MP...)
Topic Starter
Ph0X
I think there's already a sort-by-unplayed, but I can't remember how. orz
Well, It toggles unplayed beatmaps, but personally, I believe it should be unplayed songs instead.
Currently, all I get it 99% EASY/NORMAL beatmaps, and 1% songs I actually havn't played, so it's quite useless (unless you want to accwhore or something)
mm201
What is the purpose of this thread?
Derekku
Ph0X's new thread of (mostly) multi requests so that we don't have dozens of new individual threads popping up, I suppose.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi
could you bold the top priority ones? i am way to lazy to go through all of them :|
Topic Starter
Ph0X
There's not really any top priority, they are all good suggestion.
Ofcourse, none of them is a HUGE feature request, they are all small stuff but they are nonetheless all good ideas, imo.
LuigiHann

Ph0X wrote:

16. In multiplayer match, you should be able to see who pressed skip with a simple color change or little image next to their name
I like this one
Gens

Ph0X wrote:

10. "Ignore" folder (Same as favorites, but songs in that lists are actually REMOVED from full list and only shown in ignored list. You still have the song for when someone puts it in multi.
Yes.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Added 3 more at the end of the first post.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Little bump here as I added couple more and peppy is back.
I know it's a long and scary list, but I've cut anything that has been denied before in the first 30, the new 10 still need discussion. So they've pretty much all been agreed on by someone or never discussed about.

P.S.: You can see from 30+ that I now have osu!direct~ ;)
Nakata Yuji
I'm going to say no for the skip ratio one. It won't kill anyone to wait 10 more seconds, and the person probably isn't skipping for a good reason.
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Nakata Yuji wrote:

I'm going to say no for the skip ratio one. It won't kill anyone to wait 10 more seconds, and the person probably isn't skipping for a good reason.
What about when there's 30s+ intro in a server with 8 people and 7ppl have skipped? Waiting for a single person.
Skyripper
For whatever reason, I like all of these features. Are they better or the best for osu? I don't really know -_-
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Seems like the long list is quite offputting, so I cleaned it once again.
Got rid of almost half of them keeping the most important ones, and organizing it a little.

So bump again? :(
Oblimix

Ph0X wrote:

A2. Have the same song browser with the Top40 and PersonalScore, in multiplayer
A5. Click on users name in readyroom to view user options (right click only?)
A6. Clicking on the song when you're not host opens the beatmap options (view thread, listing, etc)
A9. Song information such as BPM, Duration and link to thread/listing in ready room.
A10. In the scoreboard at the end of the song, show extra score gained from spinners.
Was gonna request this, but might as well just bump it.
Please make it happen.
show more