forum

about new(06\20\2012) colors of nicknames in irc [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
tiper
I think, that new colors in IRC aren`t good. Anyone with support now can change web-name to name of other account name(name of moderator, for example) and write in chat. And it will not be visible at a glance, how you can see it today(in #russian)!I think, it provokes people to such actions.
I think you need to restore the old color of the chat or come up with another system of colors in chat.

Sorry for bad english, and thanks for considering this request!
peppy
This was always possible. Most people never discerned colours before. It is a bannable offense and shouldn't be a huge issue. Just !report it if you see it.
ouranhshc
can we change the lavender to a different color?
peppy
You can't.
Nitojgrem
Well, peppy, is it allowed then to ask why the colors changed? This grey of normal users just looks so... "bleak" D: ... the orange wasn't maybe the best but this new colors look just... well maybe boring too ._.
peppy
I may make further changes to the colours, based on feedback. We shall see.
zozozofun
I want costum colors in-game :l I can't tell the diffrence between in-game users and IRC users and honestly, seeing all this gray annoys me a bit... COSTUM COLORS IN-GAME GOGOGOGOGOO!!1!!112
bomber34
I kinda dislike the new chat colors
It is a bit lifeless to be in a chat with people without a supporter tag ... everything is so gray and private chats ... well i have nothing against pink but is is not as contrastful [like blue] anymore :/
I already wrote that in the update thread but i post it again for an easier compilation
peppy
Nothing will change with IRC users, but I will consider further PM changes.
Tshemmp

Tshemmp wrote:

The chat colors... I especially dislike the color of PMs. Pink? This is more grey than anything else. The contrast of blue to white was just more pleasant to look at. And there is only a little difference between you white and the grey of non-supporters. Things oneself said don't stand out enough imo.
I already wrote that in the update thread but i post it again for an easier compilation
Nitojgrem
Well I agree with Tshemmp... the colors right now are:

but well... the difference between "light-gray" and "gray"... are that minor that it's kind of not visible and well... this gray as I said above... is a bit lifeless and as I heard of a lot ppl, they dislike this gray too but well, waiting for the future^^
peppy
They aren't supposed to be discernible. That FAQ is horrible and confusing.
ouranhshc
A chat full of grey and white text gets kinda confusing to read. And it's hard to find the lines that you yourself wrote in chat.
Aurele

ouranhshc wrote:

A chat full of grey and white text gets kinda confusing to read. And it's hard to find the lines that you yourself wrote in chat.
That's more than true.
Even if other non-supporter are 8% more grey than yourself, it's confusing.
Mercurial

Gabe wrote:

ouranhshc wrote:

That's more than true.
^

This
Aurele

Gabe wrote:

ouranhshc wrote:

That's more than true.

iMercurial wrote:

^

This
Also, it's more confusing if you are Gaba/Gabe

Gaba
I'm so sexy there.
Noobita
Mercurial
Why blue and gray?
Noobita
my mouse was over his name on that line