forum

Tapping discipline

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Endoresurain
I have a habit of smashing my keyboard, especially during jumps. I strengthening my hand to the point it gets stiff. While it helps me increase the chance of getting hit but it's tiring and drains my left hand stamina a lot. I tried to calm my left hand but it automatically gets back to smashing. How can I improve this?
Almost
That's normal, don't worry about it. When you are physically exerting yourself, you're going to tense your muscles. Over time, if you train properly, your physical limits will increase as you exert yourself more and places where you used to have to tense your hand, you eventually won't need to. Your stamina should also improve over time as well. You just need to play more.
Rikii
I used to have that too, but that is because I taped only with finger.

Nowadays I lift my hand to tap on jump sections. It really help me a lot with full song map.
abraker
If you are tensing up, all you can do is play until you don't. There would be a simple solution if it was a voluntary action, but it's not.
lm2578
My theory: players tap harder at jumps, because they have to tap more accurately to sync their tapping hand with their aim hand. Conclusion is, what the others said: Play more (=physical training) and tapping accurate will become easier as will moving your cursor faster, so your cursor will remain longer over the circle and you have more leeway as to when you can tap.

I notice this too, when playing hard rock. But then it's not because of aim, but because of OD10. Keeping my unstable rate that low is really taxing.