forum

Use of the "Report" button. [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Phenomz
Simple and fast. Should the "Report" button be used for multiaccounts too?
I'm not reporting random people that I "think" they're multi-accounts, but, something funny happened to me yesterday...

I had a #1 here. http://osu.ppy.sh/b/51426 [Normal diff], and this guy/girl http://osu.ppy.sh/u/1648143 just came and took it. Didn't care or anything and #1'd again, SO DID Lily Neko, about 5 mins later; then I checked his/her profile and kaboom, what did I saw? Arrived: Jun 4, 2012, he/she has now 17 Top ranks and I think that's pretty unbelievable for an 8-day old account, isn't it?

Plus, I think he/she cheats, I have 2 reasons to think that.

1-
Those top-ranks were with Flashlight, every of them.

2- Asked him/her if he was multi-account and if so, to stop stealing #1's and that kind of stuff... and he/she said..:

...What does that sound like? More like.. "I cheat on flashlight and I don't have to practice any song to get #1, so be afraid."

Sooo yeah, "Report" must be used for that or nope? Just asking 'cause some said things like.. "peppy does not care about multiaccounts".. Neither do I, but if they come stealing random #1's and possibly cheating... Idk.. /care 1

~
Sakura
If you think an account is suspicious send a message to osu@ppy.sh or use the in-game !report command providing a link to the user profile and why do you think it's suspicious.

As for your actual question, the report button is used to report suspicious scores.
Xau_old
im also a new player with very rank1s but dont report me :(
Topic Starter
Phenomz
@Xau I saw you before too, thought same of you. Thanks for posting here, I gues you'll be properly checked lol, 3month account over 40 top ranks... And also a "Flashlight Master", coming from nowhere...

@Sakura Okay I think I've got it.. osu@ppy.sh and !report with link for suspicious accounts/multi-accounts... and "Report" at scores list for cheating-suspicious scores/players?
theowest
Most likely a multi-account. I fucking hate those!
but could also be cheating since there's an awful lot of flashlight plays.
also, I think Xau is multi accounting too.
Winshley
He took one of my #1 as well. Now that he's banned, I still yet to get it back on my Top Ranks list despite I already am #1 there...

I guess I should spin more on the beatmap, because this is the 3rd person who stole #1 on the same beatmap who got banned (all from Ukraine. Weird, eh?)
Stefan
Thank god for banning Xau.
Papi Bear

theowest wrote:

Most likely a multi-account. I fucking hate those!
but could also be cheating since there's an awful lot of flashlight plays.
also, I think Xau is multi accounting too.
And I think DanielDiaz is his alt.
Papi Bear

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

Thank god for banning Xau.
nevermind what I've said above :P
emergist
Maybe it can be moved to Resolved Issues.
R e d
i don't get why Xau got Banned, he isn't a new player, just the main account got banned for something non sense.
He just want play the game like YOU

He is really talented player who deserves the 1#'s and ranks he get. he don't uses hacks, he is legit!

I think people need to stop worring about arrive date. If he is a good player he aim for good ranks ofc!

If you lost good ranks because some talented played are better than you, DONT CRY and dont make posts about report. Play better and get better ranks.

Just to have clear that he is not a cheater and not a multi!
Someone done a big mistake, banning him.

be understanding. This is just a game after all.

EDIT: how can him get some arrive date, if still banning him for no reason? THINK ABOUT IT, LET HIM PLAY
JonnyThatJonny
Yep. Xau was a multi account, his first one got banned because he acted like an idiot back then. But his scores were legit at least on this one.

edit: if it wasn't well explained, I meant he had another account and he created this one only after the other one got banned, he wasn't using both at the same time.
Urukins
Xau didn't use hacks mind you, and he is an amazing player, sure he did crap in his previous account but he only created this one because he lost his previous one, he didn't do nothing wrong with this account.

I never post in forums, the things I do to defend friends.
theowest
but he did create more than one account. Which is why his new account is banned.
Winshley
This is going off-topic...

cococococo a.k.a Xau, if you read this, you should e-mail osu@ppy.sh for ban appeal.
theowest

Winshley wrote:

This is going off-topic...

cococococo a.k.a Xau, if you read this, you should e-mail osu@ppy.sh for ban appeal.
he can always use his older account.
R e d

theowest wrote:

but he did create more than one account. Which is why his new account is banned.
he just had Xau account. he did not create more accounts . He creates accounts after people ban him!
Maraiga
The thing is...he doesn't have an older account since his previous one "cocococococo" has been banned. That's why he created Xau.
While he used his new one "Xau", his plays were always legit and even on his cox6 account. Reason why I decided to give him a month support. Heck, I even saw him play at my house himiko with FL + Hidden.
I just think this is really unfair since other players kept their multi-account. Why is Xau an exception?
Okay, sometimes he trolls on the forum but he's not the only one doing it. He puts alot of effort on his scores, someone should reconsider and give his account back.
theowest
well I'm sure there's a valid reason to why he's banned.
Winshley

theowest wrote:

well I'm sure there's a valid reason to why he's banned.
Which is why he should e-mail osu@ppy.sh anyway. Also, it's cococococo (co ×5).

Case closed. /thread
Urukins

theowest wrote:

I don't know of other accounts besides this one so I won't say anything, I didn't get along with him when he had his previous account, but i can pretty much asure that he only used this Xau account lately, cheat-free.
R e d
he e-mail peppy few times. replys? almost none :\ aconding to him.

I just want to say that Don't ban people without know what is going on. He had a lot of "work" to make the tops ranks! i watched him playing a lot, a lot of retry's etc, its not hack or something.

This is a game but deserves some kind of justice too.
theowest

R e d wrote:

he e-mail peppy few times. replys? almost none :\ aconding to him.

I just want to say that Don't ban people without know what is going on. He had a lot of "work" to make the tops ranks! i watched him playing a lot, a lot of retry's etc, its not hack or something.

This is a game but deserves some kind of justice too.
peppy will answer it eventually. Just wait.
Mismagius