forum

What do you guys think of the new Osu PP rework?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gtcalvin
I'm all ears!
geisha
not good enough because the kush van man is not number one in he osu game rankings
Sosteneshion
Not bad
I mean, I am a DT player so, it was good for me. I was able to get almost 400pp after the rework, I cant really complain.
Vuelo Eluko
i got over 300 pp from rework
works for me
SolarCell27
It's good for me, always.
Gained over 22k ranks.
Kennie
I think that some maps were accurately nerfed and buffed, and the star rating changes were generally good. Good work from Xexxar and everyone else who worked on it.
abraker
It was an important rework in the sense that it proved that the community can push changes to pp. Everyone was so hesitant and unsure of the process and what to expect from ppy before that.

As for the actual pp changes, while it's an improvement, it's not any closer to a true permanent fix. It's a bandaid fix at best. Many of the formulas made have arbitrary behaviors I don't particularly agree with the origins of. I am a firm believer of modeling mechanics from ground up and deriving the the necessary formulas from the models rather than playing around with various combinations of exponents, additions, etc to find what correlates best with the overall judgement of what values something should give.
Penguin
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/13

I think it was good. An overall buff for pretty much everything except short FL plays, but I noticed that my very very underweighted plays got buffed by a larger margin, like my United and New World FC which is pretty dope. I think once we get the length rework it'll be a lot better too.
Vuelo Eluko
I dont understand how this map went from like 4.79 to 5.29 stars tho, didn't feel that hard when I actually played the map.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/353834?m=0

Same goes for some other maps, there's an unranked map I occasionally play to warm my aim up for dt that went from 5.05 stars to 5.68 wow, all because it has a few wide angle jumps. I have actually fc'd it before so that's wild to me.

New system might have some new flaws, but it'll even out if they nerf difficulty spikes I suppose.
MisakiSakaki
I'm not interested at all but idk, the more devs care about the knowed problem the more community bring fate of idk man i didn't know when the pp changes arrives and i was scared about how i climb up like a beast lol
KemZii
I haven't played std in months so I don't care.
mulraf
idk it's decent but there's still lots to go. actually at the start i was a bit less enthusiastic about it but the finalized version was pretty good in the end. i think xexxar wanted to do length rework next i'm more looking forward to that i guess. nerf quaver, kimi no bouken, harumachi clover, granat etc.
Carmlillball
l don't care about PP and rank. The fun's in the playing and feeling of improvement!