forum

What factors do you think make someone better in Osu mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KenyZx
I have more than 2 years playing this, and I barely can play a 4 stars beatmap, but I see people that do more than 6 stars in less than a year. So, I want to know what factors make someone better at mania.

Srry for my English, Im still learning.
Full Tablet
Usually players that can properly play 6 stars in a year play several hours almost every day. The amount of time you can dedicate to the game is a very important factor.
TruthIsNear
Play time is a major factor for sure, however if you don't challenge yourself you won't get anywhere even in a thousand hours.

And by challenge I don't mean just playing maps on the edge of your skill level. Trying to beat your previous scores and improving your accuracy on maps you already can play quite well is also important. In fact it's usually better to play maps around 90-96% acc. If you can't even get 90% on a map then you shouldn't play it until you improve further on maps you can actually play.

Your mindset is also important. Telling yourself that you can pass the map when you run out of stamina and not giving up is a good practice.

And also enjoing the game definitely helps. If you enjoy playing the game you will improve faster.
Chez
One thing that people don't bring up that often is that your genes are a factor as well. Some people are just born with some sort of advantage like being able to vibro. Of course, anybody can offset this with enough practice, but it's still a thing that exists.
Yyorshire
Yeah man just get better genes, you instantly become good at vibro this way 100% legit
abraker
Becoming good at vibro be like

Vuelo Eluko
the right ice cream

abraker
ah that classic