forum

Automatically snap to the nearest snap divisor when pausing [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
theowest

So if I were to randomly stop, I would get snapped to the nearest snap divisor.

Should at least be an option.
Wishy
Meaning if you are testing and press escape you should be left in the part you were hearing/playing/listening?
Topic Starter
theowest

Wishy22 wrote:

Meaning if you are testing and press escape you should be left in the part you were hearing/playing/listening?
uhm. I didn't mention anything about testing and I'm not sure how that would work.
It's mostly just about being snapped to the nearest snap divisor when pausing the song during editing.
Rena-chan
What's wrong with your arrow keys or scroll wheel ?
Topic Starter
theowest
Nothing. It just makes more sense to stop on the nearest snap divisor since that's where you'll place your notes.
ampzz
God no.

That would piss me off especially if someone had the offset wrong in the first place.
peppy
I agree with this being fairly pointless when you can just roll your scroll wheel in the direction you want to snap to (or use keyboard shortcuts, as already mentioned).
NoHitter

ampzz wrote:

God no.

That would piss me off especially if someone had the offset wrong in the first place.
I agree with this.

When I'm modding maps and I think the offset feels off, I play the song at 25% and listen to when the offset actually is.
(Usually you can hear the drums in the background) When I hear the part where I think the offset is, I pause.

From there I just finetune.
Topic Starter
theowest
which is why it could work as an option. offset firsty, and then keep everything nice and snappy.

but yeah. Whatever.