forum

Alternating/Finger Control

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KrheaKap
Hey everybody,

lately i've been finding myself to be alternating out of habit as i've tried it a few times and it genrally is a nice Playstyle but for some reason i cannot get myself to alternate 99% of Jumps that are longer then 2 clicks or Fast...I have NO idea how to work on that or whatever, thought some of u experienced players could maybe help a guy out.
Penguin
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/13

I'm not the greatest at full alternating, but honestly, I've only gotten better at alternating from playing that style more often. I always try and think of my fingers and the notes as independent from each other. My main problem before was treating alternating jumps similar to streams in a sense where I would just kind of spam my fingers to the bpm.

playing a lot of mania and taiko helped me to learn finger independency as well
Brainage
Full (like actual OCD full) alternator here.

I don't actually remember why I started alternating, but I think it was around 100k because the maps I were playing were getting ridiculously fast (like 240bpm+) and just playing maps that I could nearly FC helped me get the hang of it, until I started trying to gain finger control in tech maps. I think playing tech maps and maps with varying stream patterns helped me learn to alternate and was the hardest part. After I could get good acc on tech maps, I started playing high BPM songs with lots of bursts (e.g speed of link or DTing burst maps) I'm still alternating at rank 22k and can stream 200bpm for 200+ notes, which is probably pretty good finger control imo.

Anyway stick with it man, it's rare to see a full alt player these days and it's a really good playstyle in my experinence.
Aiseca
Whenever I playtest my map, I just spamming those keys naturally on streams and I found it somewhat okay on stacking or near stacked. I hit better scores on it than single tap.
abraker

Penguin wrote:

I'm not the greatest at full alternating, but honestly, I've only gotten better at alternating from playing that style more often. I always try and think of my fingers and the notes as independent from each other. My main problem before was treating alternating jumps similar to streams in a sense where I would just kind of spam my fingers to the bpm.

Can confirm, as a mania player alternation is second nature. 2k2k style mania maps like this one (cough shameless plug cough) can also help with alternating.
mihari
The (in my opinion) best way to get started with alternating is to start on easier / slower maps so you can get used to alternating first. If you are not comfortable with it, trying to force it will most likely yield very little to no results.

If you ever see me online ingame, feel free to message me, I might have a few maps that can help you get started.
Topic Starter
KrheaKap

Penguin wrote:

Well i actually do play (4k) Mania as i always find some good ass songs that are Mania only so i guess thats why im kinda into it already...thanks for giving me even more reason to do so ^^

Edit: i really hate how i cannot comment on answer like on youtube it makes me Nuts LUL.
im flat
I literally have no finger control at all feelsbad