forum

S.S.H. - Fighting of the Spirit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 12 Februar 2017 at 00:27:30

Artist: S.S.H.
Title: Fighting of the Spirit
Source: Tales of Phantasia
Tags: Tales of Symphonia Kratos Aurion NAMCO
BPM: 191,9
Filesize: 6087kb
Play Time: 04:06
Difficulties Available:
  1. Backup | Don't Play (5,3 stars, 888 notes)
  2. Expert (5,29 stars, 889 notes)
Download: S.S.H. - Fighting of the Spirit
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
15th December 2013:
Finally getting to continue this awesome song, woooh!

Maverick <3

I want to complete this someday, phew...

11th February 2017 Update:
5 years later I apparently completed Insane! Ready for modding now. =)

My map isn't very pretty and the spacing is a little random here and there. I want to improve on that, so let me know if you find anything that feels off! Started mapping this very long ago, so the mapping style is also not very consistent along the way...
Maverick
Only did a quick playthrough on CTB mode but i can definitely say you need to add ALOT of new combos. The fruit stacks to the top of the screen and it literally makes it unplayable mid way through.

One of my all time favorite songs tho. I'll be back later with a proper mod post.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
:P Yes, I'm currently still learning how to map, why I only concentrate on getting the correct rythm atm. (If you took a look into standard mode, I haven't spaced anything either) but as soon as I'm at 100%, I will start to add hitsounds, new combos and to space them.

+ It's a very special song to me, too and I will appreciate your mod!

http://puu.sh/CiwY << yeah, hilarious!
ReinnLol
Hello! M4M? n.n

General
You need to use new combos. Even If you're just trying to learn, add combos in the process, it's not hard, it's only one right-click away.

The insane diff. is 5.29 stars, and, as you can see in the Mapset section of the Ranking Criteria, 5.25 and above is considered "Extra", so calling this diff. insane is invalid.

00:28:309 (3) - In cases like this, you're ignoring most important sounds (white tick) end emphasizing less important ones (red ticks). Most important beats should be clickable, not slider tails. Another example: 00:35:500 (2) - You emphasize the red tick and put a slider repeat in a white tick. In those cases, for example, instead of a 1/4 slider you could try Circle + 1/2 slider. You did this several times, remember this tip and try to avoid doing it again.

00:32:842 (1) - Some slide shapes like that just are weird and don't fit. Try to shape them in a way that they fit with other objects (Circles and other sliders)

00:35:186 (8,1) - You miss a beat in between. Try to avoid doing this.

01:12:863 (3,4,5,6,7) - I recommend to use smaller spaces, since there are no strong/remarkable sounds in that moment. Tapping is not the only factor that follows the rythm, aiming also does. Use smaller spaces in weak sounds and bigger spaces in strong sounds. Base on that you may improve your spacing! n.n
That's it friend. Remember those tips and try to apply them!
Keep practicing your mapping! I hope I see your beatmaps ranked some day!
Topic Starter
Kyomaku

Nito1515 wrote:

Hello! M4M? n.n

General
You need to use new combos. Even If you're just trying to learn, add combos in the process, it's not hard, it's only one right-click away.

The insane diff. is 5.29 stars, and, as you can see in the Mapset section of the Ranking Criteria, 5.25 and above is considered "Extra", so calling this diff. insane is invalid. It's actually "Extreme", but fixed.

00:28:309 (3) - In cases like this, you're ignoring most important sounds (white tick) end emphasizing less important ones (red ticks). Most important beats should be clickable, not slider tails. Another example: 00:35:500 (2) - You emphasize the red tick and put a slider repeat in a white tick. In those cases, for example, instead of a 1/4 slider you could try Circle + 1/2 slider. You did this several times, remember this tip and try to avoid doing it again. Anything but a long slider there wouldn't fit the rhythm that I'm hearing. Drums aren't the only thing I'm listening to. Keeping a few parts like this in mind tho, maybe I'll change them at some point.

00:32:842 (1) - Some slide shapes like that just are weird and don't fit. Try to shape them in a way that they fit with other objects (Circles and other sliders) Hm, I like the way that one looked, but there are definitely ugly sliders in my map, but I don't really consider that one ugly.

00:35:186 (8,1) - You miss a beat in between. Try to avoid doing this. Fixed

01:12:863 (3,4,5,6,7) - I recommend to use smaller spaces, since there are no strong/remarkable sounds in that moment. Tapping is not the only factor that follows the rythm, aiming also does. Use smaller spaces in weak sounds and bigger spaces in strong sounds. Base on that you may improve your spacing! n.n Fixed
That's it friend. Remember those tips and try to apply them!
Keep practicing your mapping! I hope I see your beatmaps ranked some day!
Thanks for the mod!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.