forum

Update after change of info [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
My1_old
We have a huge problem here...
after a beatmaps name, artist or alike is changed, it is unable to update,couldnt just the update Procedure go with the map ID and Ignore things like name etc, so that I dont have to search for maps which ahve been changed.

Edit: also it is annoying when ppl change the names of their diff's coz this also requires a re-DL, not to forget Style, SB and MP3 filechanges...
Topic Starter
My1_old
push and something more annyoing.

Since when you have to ReDL when a map gets Ranked, I didnt know this last year AND it IS annoying, PEPPY! why do you force ppl with 64kBit/s to reDL all maps anytime they get changed, ranked, WHATEVER
blissfulyoshi
It is a little hard to understand your English, but I think I understand what you are saying.

I am assuming you are talking about redownloading the entire mapset even though you already downloaded it once. Well, unless there is an mp3, video, or skin element change you should never have to redownload the entire mapset. If you adjust the artist and title of each diff such that they match up with the current artist and title listed, you can just do a map update for whatever change is made (You can't possibly be having problems downloading 4 10kb files right....)
Topic Starter
My1_old
the normal map update is no prob
but nice Idea, thx
but sometimes it is hard to find a map when name etc. is changed an Idea how to find them efficiently???
blissfulyoshi
If you are lucky, go to the editor and press Web -> This Beatmap's Thread
If you are not so lucky, just search for the user who made the beatmap, and check their pending/ranked maps for the song (it is really rare for the song title to change, esp in a way that you can't recognize it anymore)
Sakura
When osz2 comes this problem will be solved.
peppy
This is already fixed in the test build (osz2). Also, I don't limit the speed. Personally I can get 200-600KB/s.
Topic Starter
My1_old
but I hope that it doesnt always DL the whole thing, that would be a problem.
better it would be that the client sends a list with files and hash values, and it only DLs the changed files.
peppy
Of course.
Topic Starter
My1_old
this is very nice