[Rule Change - osu!catch] Dashes after hypers in Rains

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sanyi
I can't think of a scenario where the limiter that I proposed wouldn't be pointed out by a BN anyways, that's why I suggested it. We do use limiters in the RC quite often so it seems fitting to me.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
But the point is that when people are already pointing out stuff that you've proposed to add, there's no real reason to add it. By then, we could potentially be limiting cases where it's completely fine.
chickenbible

Ascendance wrote:

But the point is that when people are already pointing out stuff that you've proposed to add, there's no real reason to add it. By then, we could potentially be limiting cases where it's completely fine.
you're essentially saying at this point why even have a ranking criteria when bns/mappers should know what is fine and what isn't fine at this point

the RC is essentially just one big limiter
Topic Starter
Ascendance
The thing is, what’s “acceptable” or not in cases like this is almost entirely subjective. The RC is a limiter for things that should be limited. Without the RC, you create serious objective issues, some of which break levels of difficulty entirely. This, as has been proven by the lack of following of this rule, is not one of those. By removing it, you essentially change nothing with how people have been mapping this entire time.
Sanyi

Ascendance wrote:

Without the RC, you create serious objective issues, some of which break levels of difficulty entirely. This, as has been proven by the lack of following of this rule, is not one of those.
Not completely agreeing with that point. Just because the rule isn't followed in it's current version, doesn't mean that every pattern it prohibited is ok a Rain. Let's take my previous suggestion as an example: In what scenario would a higher snapped antiflow dash after a higher snapped hyperdash not break a Rain?
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Here's the newly proposed rule, after discussion with ZiRoX:

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Basic hyperdashes can't be used more than four times between consecutive fruits. If higher snapped hyperdashes are used, they must not be used in conjunction with other hyperdashes or higher snapped dashes.
This now allows for the usage of basic dashes after hypers in Rain Difficulties.
Sanyi
I agree to that wording.
wonjae
+1
-Luminate
+1 to this as we can expand the limitation of Rain difficulty and to give more variable patterning, Rain players nowadays are more capable of this
chickenbible
yes +1 go
pishifat
pishifat
merged