forum

I have a lot of questions, especially about the transition to a higher difficulty and improving acc'

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Admiral_Rogue
I am not new to osu mania, I have been playing for about 6 months and can play 3 star beatmaps (well, actually i have 37 hours recorded in my game launcher, 14 hours recorded when online, and countless when offline. Still, i'm doing it subpar.). But there is something that makes me curious.

Here is a list of my questions:

1. I'm stuck at 4k, I can play 5k but still stuck in 1 star, is this bad?

1. how to improve accuracy, especially in the stream section? Or, should I focus on surviving first?

1. I usually use certain beatmaps as a "stepping stone" before playing a more difficult beatmap, is this normal?

1. do I have to focus on one beatmap, or play from one beatmap to another to improve accuracy (and sometimes survivability)?

1. I can play this 3.65 star beatmap, but it almost always fails on this 3.02 star beatmap because of the spiking difficulty. Does the star rating system not always describe the actual beatmap difficulties?

1. how do you recognize SV patterns, by sound, visually, or both? Because there is one SV beatmap that makes me vengeful want to beat it.

1. Able to play 3 stars beatmap in about 6 months, is it normal, average, or what? (i'm not asking your compliment, this is a serious questions) I know, i'm a SHI* player, but at least i'm trying to improve, SLOWLY.

Sorry, another questions.
  1. I have a serious problem (in my point of view), I notice i can't hit the notes correctly if the beatmap speed is below 140 BPM. The accuracy range from 200 and even miss. How do you deal with this?

Wow, that's a lot of questions. Sorry.

I also apologize if my grammar is bad. English is not my first language. Even some parts of this thread were translated by Google Translate.

Thanks for all the answers!
mufugai
hello

1 - every keymode is different, by being good in 4k you won't automatically be good at 5k or 7k. you need to practice 5k if you want to be good at 5k

2 - to improve acc you can work on easier maps with similar patterns, it will improve over time. i don't think just surviving is good, you should try to get A on every map you pass.

3 - i also used to do it, now i just play things i think i can play.

4 - you should try to play many beatmaps, playing 1 map will almost only help you with that map

5 - star rating system is bad, it can give you a general idea of how hard the map is, but i won't be accurate at all

6 - on some maps you just need to know the rhythm of the song but on others you have to memorize the sv's.

7 - its not about when you started to play, its about how much you played and you didn't play a lot.
Bobbias
The best way to improve is to focus practicing specific skills. For example, if you have trouble playing streams accurately, you would pick a bunch of different maps that all have streams and practice them for a while. For another example, let's say you were having difficulty reading jumpstreams well. In that case, you should collect a bunch of maps with jumpstreams and focus on playing the lower bpm ones first and slowly work up to playing the higher bpm ones as you get used to reading the pattern more. There are many different things you can practice this way in mania.

Don't replay a single map very often. Replaying the same map a lot makes you memorize the map, which feels like you're getting better, but in reality, you are just memorizing that one map. It's the variety that makes this way of learning work.

For accuracy, I would suggest playing easier maps, and using the HR mod. If you play entire sessions playing only easy maps with HR mod, you will eventually see improvement in accuracy.

And yes, like mufugai said, star rating is not a very accurate difficulty rating. Somewhere around 3.5 stars is where things really start to be noticeable in 4k, and by around 4.5 stars the ratings are almost useless. For example, I have passed a 7* map before, but there are still many maps in the 4.0-4.5 range that I've never been able to pass.
nadavv
1. if you wont learn 5k itself you wont be able to play it from 4k knowledge
2. play shit you get 90-95% at
3. normal af
4. change beatmaps all the time never play the same one like 3 times in a row or youll get mindblocked
5. star system is hot garbage
6. i guess i know it by listening to the song
7. i wont sugarcoat it thats bad as hell lol usually people get there after like 1 month SOMETIMES 2