forum

Can't find a comfortable pen grip.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpongaBoba
Hello.
So I know it's a not the smartest thing to say, but I recently got my tablet, I've been playing mouse since June and started using tablet 5 days ago.
I'm playing with a tablet for almost a week and I just can't find a comfortable pen grip. I've tried everything, even super dumb grips and nothing seems to be comfortable, right now the grip I'm using is the way I'm holding a pen normally, but I just can't reach circles in the edges of the screen, and my hand just goes down to the pen nip because my hands are super sweaty and eventually it causes me to lose my combo, so this pen grip is also not working so magnificently.. It's not a smart thing to ask but, can anyone suggest what can I do about that? I'm struggling a lot.. also I am hovering with my pen if that's gonna change anything. Thanks in advance :)
KupcaH
I'm not a tablet user myself, but I would suggest to stick to some grips for some time even if they look uncomfortable at first, in few days/weeks grip will probably no longer be "uncomfortable" and weird for you. Some people here did that and it worked for them.
im flat
i had my tablet for a year and i don't have a comfortable pen grip at all
i just hold my pen and play
Equbuxu
A lot of new players tend to use a very small area and their normal pen grip, so you can try playing like this for some time to better get used to tablet.

Alternatively, you can just pick a grip that looks and feels decent and force yourself into using it for at least ~8 hours (of pure gameplay, in the way osu counts play time). At least this worked for me when I decided to change my own grip to different one. It sucked for about a week, but now it feels very stable and way more comfortable than the previous one.