forum

[resolved] How do I set an offset?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shuue
I need help setting an offset, I am really delayed for some reason, can someone help me set one? my keyboard is a hyperX Aolly
Doge Owner
This thread pretty much explains everything:

https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/39rv8m/really_brief_explaination_on_offset/

Offset is different in every system, just play around with it until you find what's comfortable for you.
Juuuuuuuuul
Edit a map to allow you to play it eyes closed, all circles on screen center, only on white tics.
Triple check that the map is well timed
play the map eyes closed
mouse over the perf graph in result screen
if most clicks are late or early, change offset.
repeat until your clicks are centered.
Topic Starter
Shuue
If you guys have discord, it would help alot of you could explain it in your own words and see what I mean by like weird delay or something, I can screen share to show you, because I click too fast, and I read your thread Doge and it said positive means you need to click faster?
Death
There are two different types of offsets, so I'm not sure which "positive" offset you are referring to (they are opposite). Changing your offset should not affect the speed or timing at which you are clicking (i.e. don't change the way you are playing when you change your offset).

If you are clicking too early, you'd need a negative local offset to correct that. Here is a bad image I made in a couple minutes to illustrate this concept, maybe it will help, maybe it won't.
Click me for bad photoshop
Red Lines = Where you are supposed to be clicking
Blue Lines = Where you are actually clicking

Universal offset works in an opposite way, so in your case you would need to use a positive value. Here is another image to illustrate that concept.
Topic Starter
Shuue
hmmm so my universal offset would have to be tested through audio and not ms to your closest server? oof what offset would I use for over tapping by a little + or - ? or should I just play around with it, sorry if I am acting dumb, I am kinda new to this sort of stuff, from what I hear, people are setting it from the peppy map for offset, weird because I tried it and I gave up, I am trying 5+ offset atm, and it's pretty accurate thanks, but I am still hitting 100's sometimes, maybe it's my tapping rip
Death
If you aren't hitting consistently early or late, you probably shouldn't need to mess around with your offset at all. Hitting 100s "sometimes" probably just means your tapping is inconsistent. Unless you truly believe your audio isn't not synced correctly with the game.
Topic Starter
Shuue
oof well thanks for the help dude I guess I should improve first then set my offset
Death
You can still try setting an offset if you think you need it, just be aware of the fact that it's difficult to judge if you are just playing normal maps. Using the offset wizard or or the peppy map is ok with that in mind.
Topic Starter
Shuue
How do I do the peppy map though, i've always been lost about it