forum

Tablet Area to in-game sensitivity

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cediv
Looking for someone who can help me with a slight mathematical problem.

Basically i'm looking to make a calculation to change my tablet area to match my in-game sensitivity with a 1920x1080 resolution.

I use normally 1.55 sensitivity in-game, but my cursor is a bit choppy in-game and also has a latency delay. I've been using this sensitivity since i got my new tablet 2 years ago because it feels very similar to my Huion 420 with a 1 in-game sense.

This is my maximum tablet area
https://imgur.com/42AolrY
Tablet is a Wacom intuos, small white version

If anyone is able to work out a solution for me, and leave the calculation and solution down below down below.
Much appreciated,
Cediv
abraker
The sensitity is 1.55 and resolution is 1920x1080. The in-game virtual resolition is 640x480, measured in osu!pixels, that is whatever your in-game resolution is, it is converted into osu!'s in coordinate system that happens to be 640x480. Now since you want to figure out the corresponding tablet area, we need to know the total active tablet area of the tablet. Luckily you provided this information within the imgur link, which is 9500x12500. Now we have a the information required to calculate your desired area. The 1920x1080 resolution corresponds to 640x480 coordinate system, and when mutiplied by 1.55x, it evaluates to the effective cursor resolution. This is all good and all, and most off-topic mathematicians would stop there and give you the ratio between tablet area and sensitivity, but I am an off-topic scientist and cannot leave off at the theoretical. You see, osu! has this setting called "raw sensitivity" which by-passes some of the operating system's advance coordinate correction system. As a result, we need to derive the operating system's global resolution function based on the video card's internal operating physical memory as addressed in memory locations 0xA8000000000000000 to 0xB4000000000000000. Unfortunately we don't have such information to work with. So if you can kindly provide your email, password, mother maiden name, you first pet, and the street you grew up at, I may be able to derive the area based on your life history, likes, dislikes, friends, gender, and iq.
Topic Starter
Cediv

abraker wrote:

The sensitity is 1.55 and resolution is 1920x1080. The in-game virtual resolition is 640x480, measured in osu!pixels, that is whatever your in-game resolution is, it is converted into osu!'s in coordinate system that happens to be 640x480. Now since you want to figure out the corresponding tablet area, we need to know the total active tablet area of the tablet. Luckily you provided this information within the imgur link, which is 9500x12500. Now we have a the information required to calculate your desired area. The 1920x1080 resolution corresponds to 640x480 coordinate system, and when mutiplied by 1.55x, it evaluates to the effective cursor resolution. This is all good and all, and most off-topic mathematicians would stop there and give you the ratio between tablet area and sensitivity, but I am an off-topic scientist and cannot leave off at the theoretical. You see, osu! has this setting called "raw sensitivity" which by-passes some of the operating system's advance coordinate correction system. As a result, we need to derive the operating system's global resolution function based on the video card's internal operating physical memory as addressed in memory locations 0xA8000000000000000 to 0xB4000000000000000. Unfortunately we don't have such information to work with. So if you can kindly provide your email, password, mother maiden name, you first pet, and the street you grew up at, I may be able to derive the area based on your life history, likes, dislikes, friends, gender, and iq.

Lowkey thought that was going somewhere
abraker
Please donate some OT!Bucks to the OT Royal Society of Quality for better quality posts for its denizens <3
Aiseca
neh abraker, have you ever feel that someone moved the help subforum in OT? These kind of unique problems were being posted here on the last few weeks....

Hmmm....
abraker
This has been an ongoing thing ever since the beginning of the OTpression Era

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6505508
Aiseca
I am just amazed by the fact that Help Category is placed higher than Off Topic for easy access, and yet they post here instead in which on most cases, there is a 50/50 chance of your queries being really taken seriously.

Was there something wrong with Help sub? Or something else of reasons behind of all of these?
abraker

Cediv wrote:

I mean this is clear evidence op was expecting a shitpost. This was intentional attack on OT from osu! foreigners
Aiseca

abraker wrote:

Cediv wrote:

I mean this is clear evidence op was expecting a shitpost. This was intentional attack on OT from osu! foreigners

-.-)*
Do these people really think Off Topic = Shi*post Section? Disappointing on how humanity perceives things nowadays...

It may be called "Off Topic" for f***s sake but other uncultured people thinking of it's existence just solely for dumping garbage threads like nobody's business makes this place do look like one.
Topic Starter
Cediv

Aiseca wrote:

I am just amazed by the fact that Help Category is placed higher than Off Topic for easy access, and yet they post here instead in which on most cases, there is a 50/50 chance of your queries being really taken seriously.

Was there something wrong with Help sub? Or something else of reasons behind of all of these?

I posted it in here because it's a problem to do with something that doesn't technically involve the game. It's a problem to do with my tablet and a mathematical problem.

But if it's not a problem to post something like this in the actual help tab, then i'll do it from now on.

Don't get offended by me trying to use the forums, it's like my second or third time on here
johnmedina999
I would like to take a crack at this. Just need to figure out how much a count is. Do you have the Intuos Pro or Pro Paper?

Also, please don't lose your faith in this forum.
Topic Starter
Cediv
I have the intuos pro, the older model version with no strip of buttons. Just the 2 buttons off to the left and right. Ngl either, I solved it myself already but i'm curious to see what way you have of doing it
johnmedina999
Well, I tried doing a lot of weird shit, but I didn't get anything significant. So maybe the simplest answer is the correct one?

I used 8550 because 15200:8550 is 16:9.

Sorry if it's wrong, I forgot that I am incapable at math, please excuse my stupidness hehe :(
abraker

abraker wrote:

This is all good and all, and most off-topic mathematicians would stop there and give you the ratio between tablet area and sensitivity, but I am an off-topic scientist and cannot leave off at the theoretical.
well if you can't read between the lines, whistle away
johnmedina999
I tried taking the derivative of the diagonal distance function and multiplying 1.55 to it and then taking the indefinite integral and it was a mess.
abraker
john, there are better ways to commit suicide
Topic Starter
Cediv
right, well i used a bit of a simpler method that's a bit longer

So this is the full tablet area : https://imgur.com/42AolrY

Basically what I done was took bottom and the right resolutions of the tablet each and used the dimensions of 1080p res, divided them by 5.6 which is the amount of sensitivity the game offers to use and then multiplied them by your sensitivity (in my case, 1.55)

So it would look a little something like this:
15200 + 1080 divided by 5.6 x 1.55 = 4506
9500 + 1920 divided by 5.6 x 1.55 + 3160

If I type these numbers into the 0's it will switch the sensitivity I had in game over to the right side of the tablet. So to move my area into the middle I divided each of the 2 numbers i calculated by 2

4506 divided by 2 = 2253
3160 divided by 2 = 1580

Now these 2 answers, you type whatever answer you got into your 0's and then also - these 2 numbers by the 2 default resolutions.

15200 - 2253 = 12947
9500 - 3160 = 7920

http://prntscr.com/lp78d8

It's the exact same feeling of my sensitivity with raw input not activated so I can receive faster latency to the game
abraker

Cediv wrote:

https://imgur.com/42AolrY

Cediv wrote:

why? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????
johnmedina999

Cediv wrote:

right, well i used a bit of a simpler method that's a bit longer

So this is the full tablet area : https://imgur.com/42AolrY

Basically what I done was took bottom and the right resolutions of the tablet each and used the dimensions of 1080p res, divided them by 5.6 which is the amount of sensitivity the game offers to use and then multiplied them by your sensitivity (in my case, 1.55)

So it would look a little something like this:

15200 + 1080 divided by 5.6 x 1.55 = 4506

9500 + 1920 divided by 5.6 x 1.55 + 3160

If I type these numbers into the 0's it will switch the sensitivity I had in game over to the right side of the tablet. So to move my area into the middle I divided each of the 2 numbers i calculated by 2

4506 divided by 2 = 2253

3160 divided by 2 = 1580

Now these 2 answers, you type whatever answer you got into your 0's and then also - these 2 numbers by the 2 default resolutions.

15200 - 2253 = 12947

9500 - 3160 = 7920

It's the exact same feeling of my sensitivity with raw input not activated so I can receive faster latency to the game
I see. Hey, that's not bad. I'm glad you could solve your problem!
TeeArctic1
Bee boo bee boo
This is OT!Border control, please have your passports ready. You are being apprehended under suspicion of posting an irrelevant thread asking for help which is in clear violation of the unspoken rules for OT, if found guilty, you will be fined 350 OT!Bucks for your transgression

-OTBC
Tee