forum

Hi

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Kiiro_old
Hi peoples. So, like i used to use mouse+keyboard regularly, but today i broke my wrist. If I get some advice from some professional mouse-onliers, that'd be great. thanks :|
Rena-chan
I don't think anyone is making money on playing osu!, sorry.
Mismagius
mods may want to move this here

Aqo
You don't need any special mouse to play osu, at least up until 240BPM maps. A regular Logitech one is more than enough to clear any map (that doesn't have over 240bpm streams...) if your reading speed is good enough. If you love streaming in DT and you really insist on getting a mouse that has buttons slightly easier to tap quickly, even something as cheap as a simple A4Tech mouse would suffice, you don't need anything beyond that.

Learning to left/right with mouse the same way as you z/x with keyboard might take a few hours but after that it'll feel exactly the same to you. You can play stream compilation maps to speed up your learning process of this.
Kanye West

Aqo wrote:

You don't need any special mouse to play osu, at least up until 240BPM maps. A regular Logitech one is more than enough to clear any map (that doesn't have over 240bpm streams...) if your reading speed is good enough. If you love streaming in DT and you really insist on getting a mouse that has buttons slightly easier to tap quickly, even something as cheap as a simple A4Tech mouse would suffice, you don't need anything beyond that.

Learning to left/right with mouse the same way as you z/x with keyboard might take a few hours but after that it'll feel exactly the same to you. You can play stream compilation maps to speed up your learning process of this.
A good mouse-only player can probably handle 240 BPM. I say probably because I'm not one of them :cry:
CXu

_Kiiro wrote:

Hi peoples. So, like i used to use mouse+keyboard regularly, but today i broke my wrist. If I get some advice from some professional mouse-onliers, that'd be great. thanks :|
ampzz
If you're after the mouse only tier:
  1. GladiOol
  2. kriers
kriers love having a good chat about anything related to playing 'true' mouse only style.
-Athena-
Sorry to hear about your loss
But welcome to the club :D
Just play like you would normally, you'll get used to the mouse quite soon, it's also more intuitive to move and click with the same device, getting good at it is a different story though XD, ask people like Gladi, kriers or azuraer

And unless you have a crap 5 buck mouse that doesn't click properly after so much abuse, or one like kanye's where the mouse keys stick and won't return to their original position, you should be good to go.

Edit: ampzz ninja'd lol
One severely underrated mouse-only player is azuraer, even though he's also at the top lol
Kanye West

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Sorry to hear about your loss
But welcome to the club :D
Just play like you would normally, you'll get used to the mouse quite soon, it's also more intuitive to move and click with the same device, getting good at it is a different story though XD, ask people like Gladi, kriers or azuraer

And unless you have a crap 5 buck mouse that doesn't click properly after so much abuse, or one like kanye's where the mouse keys stick and won't return to their original position, you should be good to go.

Edit: ampzz ninja'd lol
One severely underrated mouse-only player is azuraer, even though he's also at the top lol
Problem fixed: new mouse.

New problem: different sens, back to square 1.
Aqo
kanye why not just adjust your DPI to be the same as the last one you worked with?
-Athena-
Every mouse feels different, even on the same settings, at least that's what I've expereinced
Aqo
As long as you equalize the DPI to what you're used to, the RL hand movement you need to do would be the same. If the mouse has a different shape it still won't affect how much you push it around to move on the screen.. "different sens" was problem, not "different grip"
GladiOol

Aqo wrote:

240 bpm. what

I can only handle 190~200 bpm max with mouse only. D: I guess I need some1 to teach me mouse only as well aiiaia
-Athena-
For streams my limit is 170 constant, anything beyond that and I have to start using my cheat (hold mouse with left hand, spam with right XD)
Aqo
Hmm now I'm curious for real. What stream speeds do top mouse players have?
Made a program for you: http://www.mediafire.com/?f6b8osgm9ueljy1
Post reports

Can't do better than this on my "Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0"
Kanye West

can't stream that fast
kriers

:<
Mukku

I am not a mouse onlier and you can see that in this awesome png
Mara
Aqo
owo impressive speeds guys.
Tablet + keyboard really is inferior to mouse only. The netizens of osu must learn the true way to play.
By the way another mouse-only player who doesn't post in this thread complained that this program isn't good because streaming while moving affects your mouse tapping speed so this isn't "real"... would anybody be interested in a program with a larger stream box so that you can test your streaming speed while moving around? If anybody wants it I'll post an update of the program... not at home right now so on the weekend.
Nyu_old2