forum

[Archived] New monitor problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Truesilver
I just switched from using a TV to a monitor and some issues popped up. My fps is low and my ms appears to be over 10 at all times(my fps cap is 1000, used to be able to get at least above 200). The monitor is sorta old, but I can't see why using a TV or using this current monitor would make such a drastic change. I don't really have a video or any images to go along with this. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question to ask.
EDIT: Definitely worth noting that it's using a VGA to HDMI adapter to connect to my monitor, as my monitor cant connect to VGA.

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
VGA is Analog while HDMI is digital, so to adapt VGA to HDMI, you need a converter, which is more complicated to than just an adapter. This will introduce delay and loss of image quality due to conversion of the signal. This is not a very good setup.

As for the FPS dropping, I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if you ran into issues using this method.
RockRoller
The fps drop could also be due to an increase in resolution. What res has the TV and what res has the monitor?