forum

Custom Fail... mod?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Butanero-san
I had this idea when I was trying to double-S-rank a song: there could be a 1,00x mod (like Sudden Death) that you could customize how will you fail, either by missing a note, scoring a 50 or 100 or any set amount of them, or whatever. This could be not only useful when trying to achieve higher scores but also in multiplayer, as an "insanely insane/Saturos" mode of sorts.

It could also be called "Custom Sudden Death" (or SD for short).
machol30
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zerostarry

buraimaster1234 wrote:

This has already been mentioned some number of times in the past, and I honestly think it's a stupid idea.

I believe it was adamskii who first brought it up?
This. Using sudden death is stupid imo. I tend to concentrate very hard on gameplay, so when that big X comes up, i piss my pants. :(
RemmyX25

Zerostarry wrote:

so when that big X comes up, i piss my pants. :(
play Sudden Death with OWEY skin on. You get a giant 0 plus a dying Neku.

Now that'll make you shit bricks.
Topic Starter
Butanero-san

Zerostarry wrote:

Using sudden death is stupid imo.
I tend to break combos in the stupidest ways possible, so SD helps. :x

I thought it was a good idea, but if you guys don't like it... nevermind it then?
ignorethis
That's a shit out of a shit. When you approached the condition, just retry, why bother using Sudden Death? Seem to be more mods on online score list?
Topic Starter
Butanero-san

ignorethis wrote:

That's a shit out of a shit. When you approached the condition, just retry, why bother using Sudden Death? Seem to be more mods on online score list?
The problem is that as a tablet PC user, you need an USB mouse to middle-click and pause so you can retry.
YoshiKart
Doesn't your pen have programmable buttons? Just set a button to middle click.
ignorethis

Butanero-san wrote:

ignorethis wrote:

The problem is that as a tablet PC user, you need an USB mouse to middle-click and pause so you can retry.
Maybe we need an exit button on the screen XD
foulcoon
No... no we don't. It's called tablet PC guy can get a usb mouse/keyboard and deal with it.
ThePassingShadow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
Gens

ThePassingShadow wrote:

Making a CUSTOM Sudden Death seems to be going a bit far, though.
ignorethis
Wait. Custom Fail will be fun in multiplaying.
ThePassingShadow

Echo wrote:

ThePassingShadow wrote:

I agree that for tablet users, it is frustrating to have to restart using a keyboard or mouse. However, that is what Sudden Death is for.
Is it?
I did not mean it literally. I mean that it could be used for that.

Ideally, one of the buttons on the pen for the tablet could be set as 'middle click' and then pausing and retrying could be done that way.