forum

Loved Captain's Pick Round 31 (osu!) [11/18/18]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toy
Hello everyone!

Thank you for your participation in last week's Loved votes. Please help keep up the participation by sharing this thread with as many people as you can. Remember that the more people that involve themselves with this category, the more of a success it can be.

If you wish to get involved by submitting maps you'd like to see Loved, use this form!

If you'd like to keep up with the spreadsheet of maps that we select from, created from submissions in the form above, click here!

Results for last week can be found here:
osu!standard

Maps that receive 85% approval will be moved into the Loved category.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are this week's nominees for osu!standard:
Map selection provided by DigitalHypno, SoraRoxas01, Bubbleman, BeasttrollMC, and waywern2012.

Jerma - Rat's Birthday Mixtape (FULL VERSION) by mithew
Vote for this map here!

Seiryu - AO-Infinity by _RyuK
Vote for this map here!

xi - Ascension to Heaven by Zapy
Vote for this map here!

Masuda Junichi - Lavender Town - Solkrieg's Dream Eater Dubstep Remix by Dustice
Vote for this map here!

nameless - All I Need are Things I Like by Yusomi
Vote for this map here!

LeaF - Alice in Misanthrope -Ensei Alice- by Anxient
Vote for this map here!

Stefan Karl Stefansson & Mani Svavarsson - We are Number One by Doomsday is Bad
Vote for this map here!

liqueurprime - Wagashi to Issho ni Tachiagare! by Settia
Vote for this map here!

Camellia feat. Nanahira - senpai, notice me! by _RyuK
Vote for this map here!

Endorfin. - Spica by Settia
Vote for this map here!
huu
This is one of the first weeks where I actually like a lot of the chosen maps. Really happy about that. Been a while since I last voted "Yes" on (almost) everything.
Dada
I really don't like making comments like these since I think they get seen as an easy way to start drama or whatever, but anyway -

I really don't like how in this loved set, there were mapper duplicates (2 RyuK maps, 2 Settia maps). There are lots of quality unranked sets out there and having such little variety in who creates them might get seen as an eventual proto-circlejerk being done by the loved team.

People already get extremely frustrated at the ranking system as is, so having the loved system even appear to hint at following a similar path might just eventually bring out the same frustrations.
huu

Dada wrote:

I really don't like making comments like these since I think they get seen as an easy way to start drama or whatever, but anyway -

I really don't like how in this loved set, there were mapper duplicates (2 RyuK maps, 2 Settia maps). There are lots of quality unranked sets out there and having such little variety in who creates them might get seen as an eventual proto-circlejerk being done by the loved team.

People already get extremely frustrated at the ranking system as is, so having the loved system even appear to hint at following a similar path might just eventually bring out the same frustrations.

I actually agree with this. This was a problem last round too, where there were 2 ProBox maps, but this week seems a bit extreme. Sure, the maps (in my opinion) are decent and unique this week, but it's starting to show Loved's lack of diversity. I'm starting to dislike this somewhat clear show of bias towards mappers.
Topic Starter
Toy

huu wrote:

Dada wrote:

I actually agree with this. This was a problem last round too, where there were 2 ProBox maps, but this week seems a bit extreme. Sure, the maps (in my opinion) are decent and unique this week, but it's starting to show Loved's lack of diversity. I'm starting to dislike this somewhat clear show of bias towards mappers.

As I've stated in the past, the work in map selection is now being done across 5 people instead of the one person (me) that had done it for the last year. There's no mapper bias, there's no lack of diversity, it's simply the new captains getting used to the system and lacking communication among one another. I'll make sure to step in and verify there are no more duplicates from now on as I felt they could handle it without my intense supervision.
Topic Starter
Toy