forum

Tablet help?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakisakan
Hey, i just started osu and i've had a problem.
Im using a wacom bamboo tablet (I think it was the 2008 edition)
It's small, i had it before i started playing, i thought having a tablet would be better than none. (Mainly for the fast games)
But when my pen usually ends up at the bottom and touches the plastic, then i miss loads of points.
Are there any tips on how to keep your pen in the middle of the tablet for the whole game ^_^
Also, i'm using mouse mode for then i play, and z instead of pressing the tablet
Luna
Use pen mode instead of mouse mode, problem solved
Topic Starter
Sakisakan

Luna wrote:

Use pen mode instead of mouse mode, problem solved
I tried that, but pen mode feels really slow, i tried speeding it up, but when i put the speed over like 1.5 the cursor shakes loads.

Edit: I just tried it on pen mode, it's too slow, unless i move my hand like a mad man.
I can barley keep up with the game like this
Luna
Keep cursor speed at x1.0 and change the active tablet area instead (it's in the pen mode options)
Topic Starter
Sakisakan

Luna wrote:

Keep cursor speed at x1.0 and change the active tablet area instead (it's in the pen mode options)
I'll try that, but i can't find the active tablet options, im in the pen mode options too.
Luna
It should say something about tablet area in the pen mode options, it defaults to "Full" but you can change it
I'd tell you how the options are called exactly, but I have the German version so I don't really know lol
Topic Starter
Sakisakan

Luna wrote:

It should say something about tablet area in the pen mode options, it defaults to "Full" but you can change it
I'd tell you how the options are called exactly, but I have the German version so I don't really know lol
Thanks i found this, this is gonna help me so much :D
ampzz

Sakisakan wrote:

Edit: I just tried it on pen mode, it's too slow, unless i move my hand like a mad man.
I can barley keep up with the game like this
Well that's generally because you're in complete control of the cursor, so... treat it as the screen area being a piece of paper laying on your desk and whatever you draw corresponds to what will show on screen.

It's not that hard to get used to a full area for playing this game unless of course you randomly decided to get a tablet that has an area larger than say; 6 inch x 9 inch.

If you did buy something like that and are only planning to sue it for osu! then you've wasted a god awful amount of money for no possible return on the purchase.