1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings

show more
posted

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

If someone was motivated they should do a data analysis to see how much of a factor time since started is to improving. Obviously playtime makes you improve but there is also something to be said for having years under your belt. If 2 people have 300 hours but one has it over multiple years and the other has it over just a few months the former will probably be higher ranked.
Yeah i agree. It's just my way of playing cuz can't think of anything else whenever i have free time

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Go pass Airman, Big Black, Defenders, and Freedom Dive [Another].
Lol can't do that yet and guess i'll have to comeback to 4* to improve my acc first
posted

blackmen2x wrote:

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

If someone was motivated they should do a data analysis to see how much of a factor time since started is to improving. Obviously playtime makes you improve but there is also something to be said for having years under your belt. If 2 people have 300 hours but one has it over multiple years and the other has it over just a few months the former will probably be higher ranked.
Yeah i agree. It's just my way of playing cuz can't think of anything else whenever i have free time

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Go pass Airman, Big Black, Defenders, and Freedom Dive [Another].
Lol can't do that yet and guess i'll have to comeback to 4* to improve my acc first
Wrong. Some people do easy maps to practice for hard maps. It might work for you, but I always played the hardest I could, because it was the most fun. Passed a 7 star at 56 hours that way. Not a good pass, but a pass. Don't play to improve, play what's fun for you. If you're having fun, you'll improve faster than "I need to grind 4* maps to get better". Find a song you like? Just try it.
posted

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

I don't know if I agree with Momi that speed and acc come any more naturally than aim. I think everyone has weakness or strengths... for example cookiezi says that aim comes naturally and finger control is more important. I think people will just say that whatever the skill they didn't get naturally is the hardest.
i've gathered this from observing lots of players, there is the variability that you talk about when you say "weaknesses or strengths" everywhere of course
but my observations indicate that
gathering [whatever] from practicing [whatever] has a wider variation with aim, so if you're at an advantage here you have left a vast area behind you
whereas if you're absolute trash at accumulating the other two... you're not far behind

so yes you're right i'm just saying that the spread is narrower

also i don't think of any skill as being capable of having difficulty (being harder or easier) different than another skill, they are just different parameters to me with no way to directly gauge/compare (unless you look at your position in relation to other players, but that has definitely given me some illusions in the past, example being pretty much anyone can become the top 5 low bpm od10(+) stream player in a few months if they try! as a side note i recommend trying cuz i need more competition)

Darud3 wrote:

Wrong. Some people do easy maps to practice for hard maps. It might work for you, but I always played the hardest I could, because it was the most fun. Passed a 7 star at 56 hours that way. Not a good pass, but a pass. Don't play to improve, play what's fun for you. If you're having fun, you'll improve faster than "I need to grind 4* maps to get better". Find a song you like? Just try it.
yes u right
posted
it's all about dat hand eye coordination + finger control = god

You've also played quite a bit within two months but you are above average for shore.

I think you should start working on accuracy now, finger control, so you know when to click for circles and not just click circles when they appear but actually read the approaches and also listen to the rhythm.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY CONSISTENCY.
posted
Dang 16k play count already? You must be dedicated huh
posted
How the heck did you managed to get 9000 plays in one month?
posted

tad01123 wrote:

How the heck did you managed to get 9000 plays in one month?
"Play more" xD
posted

blackmen2x wrote:

tad01123 wrote:

How the heck did you managed to get 9000 plays in one month?
"Play more" xD
at least someone listens to our advice lmao
posted
You have a pretty slow progress
posted

szkiller wrote:

You have a pretty slow progress
hot take
posted
>162pp #1 top play
>6 Digit

Boi wut
posted

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

>162pp #1 top play
>6 Digit

Boi wut
Cuz my consistency sucks
posted
i would advice against spamming the same map over and over again. I do have less playtime than you but ive been having a good "casual" time playing whatever map i enjoyed at my skill level (at the moment 5-6*) and played some pp maps every once in a while because i felt like it at the time. My top plays are pretty much just random plays without any immediate retries. And I feel like I also improve more by playing a variety of maps than retrying a map over and over. And by the looks of it my numbers are actually quite good in comparison :P
posted

Orilak wrote:

i would advice against spamming the same map over and over again. I do have less playtime than you but ive been having a good "casual" time playing whatever map i enjoyed at my skill level (at the moment 5-6*) and played some pp maps every once in a while because i felt like it at the time. My top plays are pretty much just random plays without any immediate retries. And I feel like I also improve more by playing a variety of maps than retrying a map over and over. And by the looks of it my numbers are actually quite good in comparison :P
Your profile makes me depressed about my rank :P
posted

Orilak wrote:

i would advice against spamming the same map over and over again. I do have less playtime than you but ive been having a good "casual" time playing whatever map i enjoyed at my skill level (at the moment 5-6*) and played some pp maps every once in a while because i felt like it at the time. My top plays are pretty much just random plays without any immediate retries. And I feel like I also improve more by playing a variety of maps than retrying a map over and over. And by the looks of it my numbers are actually quite good in comparison :P
Yeah i admit i was wrong at the beginning because i used to be a hard retrier, most of my retries are from maps that i can't pass, not ones that i can't FC. When i started this game whenever i couldn't pass a map i would retry it over and over again until i could finally make it, and that led to 9000 plays in my first month :D It was not until i watched an osu guide video in which he said that retrying a map too much is harmful for your skill that i could ease up on my retrying habit. If i hadn't watched that video my playcount could be even higher than now.
Please sign in to reply.