forum

Is my progress fast?

posted
Total Posts
show more
SpasticSurgeon
I don't know if I agree with Momi that speed and acc come any more naturally than aim. I think everyone has weakness or strengths... for example cookiezi says that aim comes naturally and finger control is more important. I think people will just say that whatever the skill they didn't get naturally is the hardest.
SpasticSurgeon

blackmen2x wrote:

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

blackmen2x wrote:

I was completely new to this game 2 months ago and now i'm about to reach 5 digits from 3m with some 5* FCs. Is that considered above average?
You've played a lot in 2 months. I'd say a bit above average but never seen someone who played so much so quickly so hard to say.
Cuz there's really nothing to do in the first year of college plus most of my plays are from useless retries xD
How do you have more than 3x my playcount with just 20 more hours? Can someone explain.
Topic Starter
Kuroni

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

blackmen2x wrote:

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

blackmen2x wrote:

I was completely new to this game 2 months ago and now i'm about to reach 5 digits from 3m with some 5* FCs. Is that considered above average?

You've played a lot in 2 months. I'd say a bit above average but never seen someone who played so much so quickly so hard to say.

Cuz there's really nothing to do in the first year of college plus most of my plays are from useless retries xD

How do you have more than 3x my playcount with just 20 more hours? Can someone explain.

As i said they come mostly from my retries. Do you see that 900 retries on a 3* map in my profile? xD
spacepop
that was some crazy fast improvement tbh

now fix your acc
Deva
9000 plays in a single month wow
It takes me a whole year for that much

Guess you aren't improving fast but just playing a lot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
Kuroni

Deva wrote:

9000 plays in a single month wow
It takes me a whole year for that much

Guess you aren't improving fast but just playing a lot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah i do as they said: "Play more" xD
SpasticSurgeon
If someone was motivated they should do a data analysis to see how much of a factor time since started is to improving. Obviously playtime makes you improve but there is also something to be said for having years under your belt. If 2 people have 300 hours but one has it over multiple years and the other has it over just a few months the former will probably be higher ranked.
ADelicateOrange
Go pass Airman, Big Black, Defenders, and Freedom Dive [Another].
Topic Starter
Kuroni

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

If someone was motivated they should do a data analysis to see how much of a factor time since started is to improving. Obviously playtime makes you improve but there is also something to be said for having years under your belt. If 2 people have 300 hours but one has it over multiple years and the other has it over just a few months the former will probably be higher ranked.

Yeah i agree. It's just my way of playing cuz can't think of anything else whenever i have free time

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Lol can't do that yet and guess i'll have to comeback to 4* to improve my acc first
Darud3

blackmen2x wrote:

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

Yeah i agree. It's just my way of playing cuz can't think of anything else whenever i have free time

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Lol can't do that yet and guess i'll have to comeback to 4* to improve my acc first

Wrong. Some people do easy maps to practice for hard maps. It might work for you, but I always played the hardest I could, because it was the most fun. Passed a 7 star at 56 hours that way. Not a good pass, but a pass. Don't play to improve, play what's fun for you. If you're having fun, you'll improve faster than "I need to grind 4* maps to get better". Find a song you like? Just try it.
E m i

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

I don't know if I agree with Momi that speed and acc come any more naturally than aim. I think everyone has weakness or strengths... for example cookiezi says that aim comes naturally and finger control is more important. I think people will just say that whatever the skill they didn't get naturally is the hardest.
i've gathered this from observing lots of players, there is the variability that you talk about when you say "weaknesses or strengths" everywhere of course
but my observations indicate that
gathering [whatever] from practicing [whatever] has a wider variation with aim, so if you're at an advantage here you have left a vast area behind you
whereas if you're absolute trash at accumulating the other two... you're not far behind

so yes you're right i'm just saying that the spread is narrower

also i don't think of any skill as being capable of having difficulty (being harder or easier) different than another skill, they are just different parameters to me with no way to directly gauge/compare (unless you look at your position in relation to other players, but that has definitely given me some illusions in the past, example being pretty much anyone can become the top 5 low bpm od10(+) stream player in a few months if they try! as a side note i recommend trying cuz i need more competition)

Darud3 wrote:

Wrong. Some people do easy maps to practice for hard maps. It might work for you, but I always played the hardest I could, because it was the most fun. Passed a 7 star at 56 hours that way. Not a good pass, but a pass. Don't play to improve, play what's fun for you. If you're having fun, you'll improve faster than "I need to grind 4* maps to get better". Find a song you like? Just try it.
yes u right
Dia on osu
it's all about dat hand eye coordination + finger control = god

You've also played quite a bit within two months but you are above average for shore.

I think you should start working on accuracy now, finger control, so you know when to click for circles and not just click circles when they appear but actually read the approaches and also listen to the rhythm.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY CONSISTENCY.
Justified
Dang 16k play count already? You must be dedicated huh
Tad Fibonacci
How the heck did you managed to get 9000 plays in one month?
Topic Starter
Kuroni

tad01123 wrote:

"Play more" xD
Deva

blackmen2x wrote:

tad01123 wrote:

"Play more" xD

at least someone listens to our advice lmao
DXPOHIHIHI
You have a pretty slow progress
SpasticSurgeon

szkiller wrote:

You have a pretty slow progress

hot take
VinZentVanDough
>162pp #1 top play
>6 Digit

Boi wut
Topic Starter
Kuroni

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

>162pp #1 top play
>6 Digit

Boi wut

Cuz my consistency sucks
Orilak
i would advice against spamming the same map over and over again. I do have less playtime than you but ive been having a good "casual" time playing whatever map i enjoyed at my skill level (at the moment 5-6*) and played some pp maps every once in a while because i felt like it at the time. My top plays are pretty much just random plays without any immediate retries. And I feel like I also improve more by playing a variety of maps than retrying a map over and over. And by the looks of it my numbers are actually quite good in comparison :P
SpasticSurgeon

Orilak wrote:

i would advice against spamming the same map over and over again. I do have less playtime than you but ive been having a good "casual" time playing whatever map i enjoyed at my skill level (at the moment 5-6*) and played some pp maps every once in a while because i felt like it at the time. My top plays are pretty much just random plays without any immediate retries. And I feel like I also improve more by playing a variety of maps than retrying a map over and over. And by the looks of it my numbers are actually quite good in comparison :P

Your profile makes me depressed about my rank :P
Topic Starter
Kuroni

Orilak wrote:

Yeah i admit i was wrong at the beginning because i used to be a hard retrier, most of my retries are from maps that i can't pass, not ones that i can't FC. When i started this game whenever i couldn't pass a map i would retry it over and over again until i could finally make it, and that led to 9000 plays in my first month :D It was not until i watched an osu guide video in which he said that retrying a map too much is harmful for your skill that i could ease up on my retrying habit. If i hadn't watched that video my playcount could be even higher than now.