forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tanzklaue

Darksonic wrote:

No, I don't care about cards, that was a BIG penalty.
it was outside the penalty zone :P
Tenshichan
This is just what can happen. Its not like Neuer was aiming to give him a critical hit.
Better say its good thing that nothing major has happened!
Cherry Blossom

Fabi wrote:

Golden Ball for Messi, what a joke seriously. It should have been for Schweinsteiger.
No, i think it should have been for Robben ;w;
FlameHaze
Wp Germany <3. Neuer godkeeper :o
manjumochi
Congrats Germany, great WC.
- Milhofo -
Argentina did put up a fight, but Germany deserved it in the end, congrats. Messi getting best player is just plain wrong though.
Darksonic
We all agree that Messi didn't deserve the golden ball.
Vish024
Yeah that was bizarre, I thought it'd go to Lahm, Muller or Kroos. I suspect the voters didn't want all awards to go to Germany so they threw one in Argentina's direction.

Golden Boot: James Rodriguez
Golden Glove: Manuel Neuer
Golden Ball: Lionel Messi
bmin11
Well Messi kind of carried Argentina through to the final. I can understand this.
Trash Boat
we didn't lose, we won. in our way we won. its like reaching the Everest. as long as we reached the top, we don't care if there was a treasure over there
Fabi
Well, thats like, your opinion man. I sure as hell wanted that treasure.
Darksonic

bmin11 wrote:

Well Messi kind of carried Argentina through to the final. I can understand this.
Actually Messi played the first three matches only, he was invisible on the next ones.
Trash Boat
Fabi, there's something called "Don't be such a bad loser"
Tanzklaue

Darksonic wrote:

bmin11 wrote:

Actually Messi played the first three matches only, he was invisible on the next ones.
he palyed a fantastic final match dude.
Vish024
Gotze gets man of the match, that's just favouritism. I think anyone who's rational minded would agree that Boateng was man of the match, the sort of work he was putting in at the back was incredible. He and Hummels played a dangerously high defensive line at times and they both pulled Germany out of jail several times, shutting down Aguero, Perez, Messi and Higuain in the process.
Jindujun93

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Gotze gets man of the match, that's just favouritism. I think anyone who's rational minded would agree that Boateng was man of the match, the sort of work he was putting in at the back was incredible. He and Hummels played a dangerously high defensive line at times and they both pulled Germany out of jail several times, shutting down Aguero, Perez, Messi and Higuain in the process.
I'd rather say Schweinsteiger, but Boateng played one hell of a match as well.
Messi getting the Golden Ball, though - I felt like that really was a farce...
Trash Boat
i don't think so. he is third in the Goal top tier
Fabi

Trash Boat wrote:

Fabi, there's something called "Don't be such a bad loser"
Literally, what are you talking about?

Also!

bmin11

LaVolpe024 wrote:

This. Argentina couldn't even finish their counter most of the time. They just got shut down. Ofcourse, this is me talking without watching the first half, because I'm an idiot who don't check the schedule.
Vish024
Poldi and Kanzler Merkel

Seriously Germany has an excellent economy, stable political scene, fantastic ethnic diversity, a fashionable leader and now they're world champions as well.
PsychoSkill

Tanzklaue wrote:

we don't have that many really great newcomers behind them.
wait, what?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!

btw: GERMANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Vish024
I have to disagree with Tanz there, firstly Gotze is only 21. Ozil, Boateng and Hummels are 25, hitting their peak and surely they'll be there at Euro 2016 and Russia 2018. Reus is 25 as well, so he should have at least one title shot in 2018 if he continues this way in terms of form. Schürrle is only 23, he has plenty of time ahead of him, the Bender Bros are 25 and can make it if they remain at their peak and continue playing in this fashion. Kroos is still only 24, and he'll gain valuable experience playing in Spain with Real. Young Draxler is only 20, this kid has some serious potential. Imagine him with Kroos and Ozil dividing the front line.

This aside there's plenty of talent being produced every year throughout the German clubs and academies. The country is light years ahead of other famous footballing factories such as Italy, France, Netherlands, Argentina, Brazil and Spain. I think this is the beginning of a great era of German dominance and it's more than overdue.
PsychoSkill

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I have to disagree with Tanz there, firstly Gotze is only 21. Ozil, Boateng and Hummels are 25, hitting their peak and surely they'll be there at Euro 2016 and Russia 2018. Reus is 25 as well, so he should have at least one title shot in 2018 if he continues this way in terms of form. Schürrle is only 23, he has plenty of time ahead of him, the Bender Bros are 25 and can make it if they remain at their peak and continue playing in this fashion. Kroos is still only 24, and he'll gain valuable experience playing in Spain with Real. Young Draxler is only 20, this kid has some serious potential. Imagine him with Kroos and Ozil dividing the front line.

This aside there's plenty of talent being produced every year throughout the German clubs and academies.
And don't forget Klose!!!! :) He will never stop playing
Vish024
Yes please I'd love to see Klose doing a Milla. Or a Maldini. The man is an engine, works very hard and gets the job done and at that age where most people would drop dead after playing anywhere near 60-ish mins of football he's been exceptional.
Fabi

LaVolpe024 wrote:

This aside there's plenty of talent being produced every year throughout the German clubs and academies. The country is light years ahead of other famous footballing factories such as Italy, France, Netherlands, Argentina, Brazil and Spain. I think this is the beginning of a great era of German dominance and it's more than overdue.
I agree with you, Germany has a bright future for a few years. Aside from great players, they just know how to play their own game, that unique and beautiful style they have, if they can keep with it, great players won't be necessarily needed, obviously they are always a plus.
Vish024
Nice CBC montage of the world cup. Gosh I love the CBC, wish we had a state broadcaster like them downunder.

World cup by the numbers.

Been a fabulous tournament, delivered like hell. Certainly pumped for the upcoming season of football.
Tanzklaue
yea, the regular season....

I don't want to go back to stuttgart's football after seeing such fantastic games ;;
Kanye West

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Poldi and Kanzler Merkel

Seriously Germany has an excellent economy, stable political scene, fantastic ethnic diversity, a fashionable leader and now they're world champions as well.
Yeah, Merkel looked legitimately thrilled when the German players got their medals at the award ceremony. Like, you could tell that she was a pretty big fan and not just doing it for political reasons.
Kaeru
Schweinsteiger was definitely the man of that match. He defended like no other, and took that hit to the face without being off for more than a minute. That referee was really biased. He didn't hand out a card for that but Schweinsteiger gets one for doing nothing. That punch should have been a red card in my opinion. Neuer also really didn't deserve a card and I'm glad he wasn't carded. He simply went for the ball and the other guy got in the way. Argentina also was getting free ball all the time when the Germans deserved it. At least the offside was called though.. that's the call that mattered. And I definitely wasn't expecting Götze to score the decisive goal.. that was a brilliant finish. It's a shame that Müller didn't get the golden boot.

I'm glad there was no penalty shoot out because the game was stressful enough to watch. I honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack from all the pressure when Messi was taking that free kick. Great performance from both sides. I'm happy Germany pulled through. They really deserved it.
Fabi
Tanzklaue

Fabi wrote:

http://es.fifa.com/worldcup/videos/highlights/match=300186501/index.html
argentina had more scary chances, but germany actually controlled the game 90% of the time.
manjumochi

Tanzklaue wrote:

yea, the regular season....

I don't want to go back to stuttgart's football after seeing such fantastic games ;;
We have even more bad luck, to see the crap Brazilian national club championship (it was so bad that no club have advanced to the semifinals in South American Chanpionship) and the games are worse than Iran vs Nigeria....
Magicphoenix
I hope I don't die of suffocation at the afterparty in Berlin tomorrow =D
This World Cup was probably one of the most impressive showings of the German national team (just like the last 3 world cups imo XD, but with more luck) and I'm damn happy they finally brought the title back. And fucking hell did Argentina suddenly play good football in the final. Just too bad for Messi that he got the Golden Ball, that was probably the last thing he wanted after losing a WC final and knowing that he clearly didn't play his best football this tournament.

PS : I just hope the next title won't come 2034 lol
Tanzklaue
SpeechClass

Tanzklaue wrote:

lol
noooooooooo messi!
Vish024
Arsenal about to sign Ospina for 4m Euro. That's a killer for a player like him at the age of 25, Sczny will have some serious competition this season.

Also Liverpool nearing the Markovic deal. He'd be a great signing, with him playing behind Sturridge alongside Sterling and Lallana out wide they could pose serious threats to opposition defences.

Enner Valencia effectively at West Ham.
Tanzklaue
there is something magical about 1 million people chanting "miroslav klose is the best".
Vish024
Got wind of the feed off Reddit. If anyone wants the stream, it's here.

They're at that monument or whatever in Berlin, can't remember the name. Anyway why aren't you there Tanz? Hehe.
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Got wind of the feed off Reddit. If anyone wants the stream, it's here.

They're at that monument or whatever in Berlin, can't remember the name. Anyway why aren't you there Tanz? Hehe.
because i live in southern germany and a trip to berlin would be easily around 1000-1500 bucks.
Fabi
What the fuck? Thats so expensive and Germany isn't that big wow.
show more