forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Portugal were great in 2006 with the likes of Deco, Figo and Ronaldo but now I think they rely too heavily on Ronaldo. I thought Sweden could beat them but I was wrong, they couldn't beat Ronaldo. Nullify Ronaldo and Portugal dies like a plant deprived of water and sunlight.

Germany are surely favourites going intot he tournament and I really don't want Spain to win this time. Getting sick of the Spanish dominance in recent years and I think the two sides that can end Spain's reign are Italy and Germany.
pmuch, germany needs to finally go the full way aswell, another 3rd or 2nd place won't do it this time.

sad thing is that germany plays magically worse against spain (and italy *angrily shakes fist*). we should be able totake them, but we just don't get our shit together. hopefully khedeira comes back for the wc, and people like hoewedes get thrown out for better players like großkreutz.
bmin11
B, D, and G groups are the strong groups while C and H groups are a competitive ones (three nations to fight over the 2nd place). No one will be surprised if their predictions for these groups to miss.
Vish024
Oh yes. I knew it was worth watching this match, merci Newcastle.
Arkuski
This is definitely going to be an interesting WC for sure... I think Brazil will win
bmin11
/EPL

Nope

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

EPL/
Tanzklaue
i too have gut feelings that brazil will take it. it hit me while watching stuttgart play this afternoon (we won a dirty kick, 4:2).
Fabi
I swear to God I just want a final between Argentina and Brasil.
GladiOol
Vish024
What a thrilling match against Everton, probably the best game I've seen this season. Fair outcome I must say and Delo-whatsit's goal surprised the crap outta me. I genuinely thought we'd won it after Ozil's opener.
GladiOol
Arsenal impressed as they watch 'new Bergkamp' score hat-trick for Ajax

you better fucking not

''He made his first appearance in the Eredivisie a few days later, scoring in the 3-0 win at NEC Nijmegen, but only featured a handful of times over the following 18 months.''

He had a horrible injury. Cmon dailymail, be up to date. He'd been out for 10 months straight, only returning just now.

I hope this is not country restricted. But that second goal. Goddamn. And that last one from Klaassen, that Bergkamp touch.

Vish024
Snow in Istanbul causes the Gala-Juve game to be postponed and meanwhile in Munich what have we here...

City are really beginning to scare me, we have to face them this weekend.
E14

bmin11 wrote:

Belgium, Algeria, and Russia here. Not as easy as we hoped, but we still have a chance.

RIP Australia

EDIT:

oh my gawd, Spain and Netherlands are in group B o:
Group F its a fair one, but certainly Group G is the real Group of Death (some many star players there)

I LOL'd at group H gif. :v
JonnyThatJonny
WOW Sneijder's goal, biggest surprise in the CL for now, Gala through. And I always imagined Juve reaching far.
I wonder if Ajax can pull something like that against Milan tonight aha.

(I wont even mention my club since we've been awful and have pretty much one foot in the europa league)
bmin11
ahahahaha I'm glad someone will be sharing the same feeling I had last year
GladiOol
Holy shit did Webb just make a good decision? Did he actually give montolivo red???? Oh god, Ajax might win now. What a disgusting foul that was though, absolutely disgusting.

Edit: aww shame. So close. I also hope somebody will injure Balotelli real good in the future. I'm a peaceful man, trust me, but that guy. Oh wow. The amount of times the wind pushed him to the ground screaming as if he's been hit by 10 busses which drove at 100 km/h over his testicles. Dear god. ''Why always me?'' That's why, you stupid cunt.
bmin11
That brings the conclusion to the Champions League groups stage.

A - Man U, Leverkusen
B - Real Madrid, Galatasaray
C - PSG, Olympiakos
D - Bayern, Man City
E - Chelsea, Schalke
F - BVB, Arsenal
G - ATM, Zenit
H - Barca, Milan

Chelsea won the game in good form. We just need to polish our finishing.

Someone figure out what is happening to group F please. Okay, BVB came first and Arsenal right after. Napoli was a goal short from Arsenal (if they scored against Arsenal today, that would have covered the remaining 2 GD). I wished Arsenal to meet Galatasaray, but that won't happen now orz.

I really wished Ajax to qualify. I guess Milan had the luck to their side despite the red card.

I think Napoli should take over Zenits spot. Napoli couldn't advance with 12 points, while Zenit did with only 6 points.
Vish024
Missed the game and damnit what am I reading here. 2-0? Are we fucking serious? I was so bloody convinced that we'd finish top thinking "Surely we can pull off a draw at least" and what the flying fuck happened? So it's either Real, PSG, Bayern, Atleti or Barca for us now in the next round which is just great innit. I guarantee you we'll end up facing Bayern, Barca or Real, just the same old crap that's been happening 3 seasons in a row now.
bmin11
Man City is in an exact same situation as you guys as well lol Better hope you guys meet ATM or PSG
E14
Epic Fail Offside by Ozil ;)

magnetinfinity

E s s a wrote:

Epic Fail Offside by Ozil ;)

dat epic fail offiside. xD haha. hi btw >w</
magnetinfinity
so guys, i watched UEFA Championship League. so far...
Athletic Club vs. FC Barcelona
1 - 0
Bayern vs. Manchester City
2 - 3
that's based on what i witnessed btw. and they play good.
Magicphoenix
all 4 german teams qualified for playoffs
awwww yissss -w-

What a good year for Bundesliga =)
GladiOol
bmin11
Six and the City, guys!
GladiOol
I love how most attention this year in the PL has been going to Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea while the real title contenders are Man City. No offense to the other 4, but Man City has the best squad. I even believe that United has the worst out of these 5. All they have are Rooney and Van Persie, the rest is basically shit.

Also, respect to Mertesacker.
bmin11
They always had the best squad lol Pretty much everyone's a title contender this season.
GladiOol

bmin11 wrote:

They always had the best squad lol Pretty much everyone's a title contender this season.
Yeah, but the media barely gave it any attention. It was always about the other 4. And no, I don't think 'everybody' is a title contender. Liverpool, Chelsea and United have no chance at all winning it this year. It'll come down to Arsenal and City and I believe City will win it in the end.
bmin11
The top 4 is only 5 points in range (soon to be 3 points in range as Man City being 4th). I don't know what you are claiming here already. Though, I agree Man Utd is out of the favor.
GladiOol
Title contender =/= being close to each other regarding points.

I'm strictly speaking squad wise. City and Arsenal are the only ones who can compete for the title as I see it.

In the Eredivisie Twente is 3rd with 30 points as well, doesn't mean that they are title contenders. Same goes for Feyenoord and Heerenveen, both being 3 and 4 points behind Twente. Only Feyenoord might be able to regain a bit of glory, but I don't see that happening. So it'll come down to Ajax and Vitesse. And that's how I see it in the PL as well. Only City and Arsenal will be competing for glory. I just don't see Liverpool, Chelsea or United becomming champions. Hence I don't see them as title contenders.
bmin11
Unfortunately, The FA doesn't declare the winner for their squad >_>

I'm not too sure how Eredivise is doing, but EPL is definitely showing to be a close race so far (again, except for Man Utd). I wouldn't clear out any odds at this point.
JonnyThatJonny
City at their best could pretty much be top of the league. So amazingly inconsistent, wouldn't be surprised to see them lose points against some bottom of the table team in the following weeks.
Vish024
To be honest I was expecting a draw at best, City were the far better side and really sent out a message to the rest of the league. Next week's match between us and Chelsea at Emirates will be crucial to several teams at the top of the table. I think Pellegrini took a little time to get his team into gear and develop the right formula and now he has it in almost complete perfection. The squad has a fearsome goal difference, an excellent record at home and are overflowing with confidence after recent wins.

I'd say the scheduling of the match came into effect as well, our players were quite tired and several of them had to be rested. Giroud was looking quite lethargic, it wasn't a decent game for him by any means. City had an extra day off after their earlier Champions League game and more time to recuperate. As Arteta mentioned the afternoon kick off time was not favourable for us, in fact the only thing I liked about the scheduled kick off time was that I could watch it down here comfortably at 11:45pm.
bmin11
I'm not even going to pray for that match. Backfired way too often.
Vish024
Wilshere could face a ban for his obscene gesture, blatant middle finger directed at City fans during the game.

I've always had my worries about Jack, I remember when I used to get nervous during games every time he approached the ref or got into a disagreement with an opposition player. He has a habit of letting his emotions get the better of him, it's getting out of hand now. I hope Arsene and a few of the players have a word with him and tell him to control his behaviour, he's got a bit of Edgar Davids in him and it isn't contributing anything positive to the team whatsoever. He's a good lad and absolutely loves the club to bits but he can't let his passion cause him to do such things. I can't believe some fans are proud of him for doing this, it's ridiculous that people encourage this sort of behaviour. He's a bloody professional and it's time he started behaving like one.

Also unearthed this jewel from Arseblog, good fun.
kriers
Aaaah being a Liverpool man is nice these days.

Battering Tottenham 5-0 on White Hart Lane and Suarez with 17 goals in 11 league games!!

highlights
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18fsdu_tottenham-hotspur-0-5-liverpool-all-goals-and-highlights-epl-15-12-13_sport
GladiOol
Nerve Suarez please.
Vish024

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Are you friggin' serious Tottenham?
Quite seriously was there anyone even trying for Sp*rs aside from Lloris and Sandro who were almost deceased trying to keep Liverpool at bay? Without Eriksen and a few other players on their injury shortlist Sp*rs have become the latest Derby County. Honestly, you splash all this money on several players ambitiously and this is the outcome. I think Sp*rs have become the latest club to make an example of exactly what I warned against at the start of the season, paying too much money for too little net result.

Anyway congrats to Liverpool, this hasn't been an ideal weekend let's just say from a Gooner's perspective.
bmin11
We need a new song for AVB

EDIT:

And here is the draw for the Round of 16
Mismagius
I noticed that not many people in Europe care about the Club World Cup. Here in South America we go apeshit about it, just by thinking we're gonna face teams like Bayern or Barcelona. Most of us can't wait for a Atlético Mineiro vs. Bayern München final.
Vish024
Yeah well we all know where this is going. g-fucking-g Bayern. If only we hadn't managed to balls it up in Naples the other day.
show more