forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vish024
Missed the game and damnit what am I reading here. 2-0? Are we fucking serious? I was so bloody convinced that we'd finish top thinking "Surely we can pull off a draw at least" and what the flying fuck happened? So it's either Real, PSG, Bayern, Atleti or Barca for us now in the next round which is just great innit. I guarantee you we'll end up facing Bayern, Barca or Real, just the same old crap that's been happening 3 seasons in a row now.
bmin11
Man City is in an exact same situation as you guys as well lol Better hope you guys meet ATM or PSG
E14
Epic Fail Offside by Ozil ;)

magnetinfinity

E s s a wrote:

Epic Fail Offside by Ozil ;)

dat epic fail offiside. xD haha. hi btw >w</
magnetinfinity
so guys, i watched UEFA Championship League. so far...
Athletic Club vs. FC Barcelona
1 - 0
Bayern vs. Manchester City
2 - 3
that's based on what i witnessed btw. and they play good.
Magicphoenix
all 4 german teams qualified for playoffs
awwww yissss -w-

What a good year for Bundesliga =)
GladiOol
bmin11
Six and the City, guys!
GladiOol
I love how most attention this year in the PL has been going to Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea while the real title contenders are Man City. No offense to the other 4, but Man City has the best squad. I even believe that United has the worst out of these 5. All they have are Rooney and Van Persie, the rest is basically shit.

Also, respect to Mertesacker.
bmin11
They always had the best squad lol Pretty much everyone's a title contender this season.
GladiOol

bmin11 wrote:

They always had the best squad lol Pretty much everyone's a title contender this season.
Yeah, but the media barely gave it any attention. It was always about the other 4. And no, I don't think 'everybody' is a title contender. Liverpool, Chelsea and United have no chance at all winning it this year. It'll come down to Arsenal and City and I believe City will win it in the end.
bmin11
The top 4 is only 5 points in range (soon to be 3 points in range as Man City being 4th). I don't know what you are claiming here already. Though, I agree Man Utd is out of the favor.
GladiOol
Title contender =/= being close to each other regarding points.

I'm strictly speaking squad wise. City and Arsenal are the only ones who can compete for the title as I see it.

In the Eredivisie Twente is 3rd with 30 points as well, doesn't mean that they are title contenders. Same goes for Feyenoord and Heerenveen, both being 3 and 4 points behind Twente. Only Feyenoord might be able to regain a bit of glory, but I don't see that happening. So it'll come down to Ajax and Vitesse. And that's how I see it in the PL as well. Only City and Arsenal will be competing for glory. I just don't see Liverpool, Chelsea or United becomming champions. Hence I don't see them as title contenders.
bmin11
Unfortunately, The FA doesn't declare the winner for their squad >_>

I'm not too sure how Eredivise is doing, but EPL is definitely showing to be a close race so far (again, except for Man Utd). I wouldn't clear out any odds at this point.
JonnyThatJonny
City at their best could pretty much be top of the league. So amazingly inconsistent, wouldn't be surprised to see them lose points against some bottom of the table team in the following weeks.
Vish024
To be honest I was expecting a draw at best, City were the far better side and really sent out a message to the rest of the league. Next week's match between us and Chelsea at Emirates will be crucial to several teams at the top of the table. I think Pellegrini took a little time to get his team into gear and develop the right formula and now he has it in almost complete perfection. The squad has a fearsome goal difference, an excellent record at home and are overflowing with confidence after recent wins.

I'd say the scheduling of the match came into effect as well, our players were quite tired and several of them had to be rested. Giroud was looking quite lethargic, it wasn't a decent game for him by any means. City had an extra day off after their earlier Champions League game and more time to recuperate. As Arteta mentioned the afternoon kick off time was not favourable for us, in fact the only thing I liked about the scheduled kick off time was that I could watch it down here comfortably at 11:45pm.
bmin11
I'm not even going to pray for that match. Backfired way too often.
Vish024
Wilshere could face a ban for his obscene gesture, blatant middle finger directed at City fans during the game.

I've always had my worries about Jack, I remember when I used to get nervous during games every time he approached the ref or got into a disagreement with an opposition player. He has a habit of letting his emotions get the better of him, it's getting out of hand now. I hope Arsene and a few of the players have a word with him and tell him to control his behaviour, he's got a bit of Edgar Davids in him and it isn't contributing anything positive to the team whatsoever. He's a good lad and absolutely loves the club to bits but he can't let his passion cause him to do such things. I can't believe some fans are proud of him for doing this, it's ridiculous that people encourage this sort of behaviour. He's a bloody professional and it's time he started behaving like one.

Also unearthed this jewel from Arseblog, good fun.
kriers
Aaaah being a Liverpool man is nice these days.

Battering Tottenham 5-0 on White Hart Lane and Suarez with 17 goals in 11 league games!!

highlights
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18fsdu_tottenham-hotspur-0-5-liverpool-all-goals-and-highlights-epl-15-12-13_sport
GladiOol
Nerve Suarez please.
Vish024

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Are you friggin' serious Tottenham?
Quite seriously was there anyone even trying for Sp*rs aside from Lloris and Sandro who were almost deceased trying to keep Liverpool at bay? Without Eriksen and a few other players on their injury shortlist Sp*rs have become the latest Derby County. Honestly, you splash all this money on several players ambitiously and this is the outcome. I think Sp*rs have become the latest club to make an example of exactly what I warned against at the start of the season, paying too much money for too little net result.

Anyway congrats to Liverpool, this hasn't been an ideal weekend let's just say from a Gooner's perspective.
bmin11
We need a new song for AVB

EDIT:

And here is the draw for the Round of 16
Mismagius
I noticed that not many people in Europe care about the Club World Cup. Here in South America we go apeshit about it, just by thinking we're gonna face teams like Bayern or Barcelona. Most of us can't wait for a Atlético Mineiro vs. Bayern München final.
Vish024
Yeah well we all know where this is going. g-fucking-g Bayern. If only we hadn't managed to balls it up in Naples the other day.
Magicphoenix

Blue Dragon wrote:

I noticed that not many people in Europe care about the Club World Cup. Here in South America we go apeshit about it, just by thinking we're gonna face teams like Bayern or Barcelona. Most of us can't wait for a Atlético Mineiro vs. Bayern München final.
I think it's 'coz the only european team is Bayern -> those who are not Bayern fans usually despise the club in some way, so they're not particularly interested in it :P

The match Bayern vs the chinese team tomorrow is gonna be a stomp though lol

Also, ManCity-Barca + Bayern-Arsenal...finally some damn good matches and a worthy opponent for FCB at last. This CL is gonna be awesome again
JonnyThatJonny
I think it's mostly because it doesn't feel like a world club cup at all, at least from europe's perspective. It hardly gets hyped at all over here and unless your club takes part in it people forget it exists.
Vish024
It is taken seriously everywhere but Europe probably because the other continents can compete and compare themselves with the Europeans. In Europe it's disregarded almost like a waste of time, naturally because it's widely accepted that Europe has a higher standard of football than other continents.
Mismagius

LaVolpe024 wrote:

It is taken seriously everywhere but Europe probably because the other continents can compete and compare themselves with the Europeans. In Europe it's disregarded almost like a waste of time, naturally because it's widely accepted that Europe has a higher standard of football than other continents.
Which is why I always root for whoever is facing European teams :p

Bayern vs. Guangzhou Evergrande starting in a few mins
Raiku
arsenal till i fucking die, i live next to the stadium, we're gunna win the premiership
bmin11
How an Earth did we lose to Sunderland? I don't even
Vish024
Yeah whatever Capital One Cup, who gives a flying toss about that shite. If I were you I'd happy that the team was knocked out because it means the team no longer has to waste their time and resources competing in an utterly worthless competition.
bmin11
It would have been waaaay better to lose to you guys instead, if we were going to lose to Sunderland orz
Vish024
No shame in losing to those Mackems, especially since its the Capital One Cup. Quite seriously if I were the manager I would probably consider flat out forfeiting the match and awarding a 3-0 default win to the other team regardless of who they are instead of having to waste 90+ mins on the football pitch wishing the competition didn't exist.
bmin11
Well we played an over time match, so that's another minus
bmin11
lol lol even Spurs lost
GladiOol

bmin11 wrote:

lol lol even Spurs lost
nothing new there?
GladiOol
Frank de Boer ‘turns down chance to become the new Tottenham manager’

Today is a good day.

Random edit for this awesome save:

Vish024
It'd be a shame if De Boer goes there, in fact I truly pity any manager that is so desperate for employment that they have to resort to working at Sp*rs.
bmin11
This must have been how you guys felt watching Chelsea lol Oh man, who are they going to sign?
kriers
Suarez until 2018 8-)
show more