forum

osu! downtime [RESOLVED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
See second post.

I half-ignored and half-forgot the fact that the datacentre hosting osu!'s main server was performing a 5 hour scheduled maintenance window on their network infrastructure. Needless to say, we are back up and lucky this occurred during "off-peak" osu! hours :).

ijou
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Neo@lex
#osu still doesn't work for me. Maybe it's chatzilla.
Ivalset

neo@lex wrote:

#osu still doesn't work for me. Maybe it's chatzilla.
Same boat, except using mirc. Welp.
Lesjuh
Please announce these breaks in the future more ;)
Rolled
It was an unexpected break, an error.
HellsingHQ
So what is going to happen with the rankings, score, and lvls? Will they stay the same after it has been fixed?

Ah - I see that it is still on the site.
Rolled

HellsingHQ wrote:

So what is going to happen with the rankings, score, and lvls? Will they stay the same after it has been fixed?

Ah - I see that it is still on the site.
Indeed. I am pretty sure that score submission and ranking up will be absolutely fine. Recently played maps show on the home page, and I think foulcoon ranked up as well.
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
pariah164
... Well this sucks.

Wouldn't be Friday the 13th if something didn't go wrong though, lol.
HellsingHQ

james039 wrote:

scores appear to be submitting just fine. Chat is down, the leaderboards don't show on menu (but for some funny reason they *do* show when playing the map).

If you play maps right now, it should count your score, and you should be able to rank/level up. Hopefully everything can be restored soon. (Meeting in only 9 more hours!).
Yeah - I have seen the ranking within the beatmap while playing which is odd.
FurukawaPan
LuigiHann
WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH MYSELF IF I CAN'T CHAT WITH #OSU

Metroid

LuigiHann wrote:

WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH MYSELF IF I CAN'T CHAT WITH #OSU
Play touhou, skin something, draw something, play another game? Make a secondary IRC server as a emergency one for when this happens...I can pull out a whole list...
BTW nice post count of 1985...*starts singing the song 1985*

preoccupied..1985 WOHOO! - I might try to map this song....

It would be nice if someone made a secondary IRC server that is password protected for these outages...
mgs2master2
how long is it expected to be down? anyone have an estimate?
Echo
Until peppy wakes up. 9-ish GMT+9
Metroid

mgs2master2 wrote:

how long is it expected to be down? anyone have an estimate?
I asked rolled already...

"That'd be whenever Peppy wakes up. We've tried calling him, and right now it's 5 AM his time on Saturday morning. Hopefully within the next 2 or 3 hours everything will be okay." - Rolled

sent to me at 4:24 PM in my EST (-5 GMT)

Damn your fast Echo....
Azure_Kite

Rolled wrote:

This may or may not mean the scores you achieve will be updated to the leaderboards.
It does; but you need to go to your online profile to see them
AceOfArrows
For all parties concerned:

BANCHO IS BACK ONLINE NOW.

You can play Multiplayer and see your rank/level in-game again.

Yay!
Rolled
Problem is resolved as of now.
show more