forum

Spun Out & other mods count towards play count. [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
Please.
bomber34
Instead of please it would be nice to say why you want that?
Stefan

bomber34 wrote:

Card N'FoRcE
Every unranked play is not counted in Playcount, as the starts shown in your profile are influenced only by ranked and approved maps.
Why should it be otherwise?

Also: by "all mods" are you also including Auto, Autopilot and Relax? Because i can't find any reason for them to be counted.
ziin
my problem with spun out is that it's used to completely bypass all statistic tracking, and it's abused by people who want to lie in their statistics.

There's nothing that can be done, though, as we can't stop this practice, only impede its ease. That's why having a "practice mode" mod which records absolutely nothing would be much better. But this isn't the place for me to make my feature requests.
Wishy
Spun Out should be a ranked mod dude it doesn't even help, not like it spins 400 or smth, it sucks since on some spinners you get 100 and on long ones you get shit bonus.

Plus Spun Out = lol cheat FL scores say you played using that mod.
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
I don't understand why someone would want to lie about their statistics... by having less play counts.

I always play with No Fail + Spun Out. I want my songs to count. It's like seeing how many hours I have spent on a game.
Xylem Beer

Saph1 wrote:

I don't understand why someone would want to lie about their statistics... by having less play counts.

I always play with No Fail + Spun Out. I want my songs to count. It's like seeing how many hours I have spent on a game.

Then don't play with Spun Out.
Stefan
Spun Out sucks.
halo398

bomber34 wrote:

mah bois right 8-)
Wishy
Spun-Out =

1- Fake your statistics legally, meaning you could as well remove them and it wouldn't matter since you can't trust them anyways.
2- Cheat FL and say you played that map a trillion times using Spun-Out.
3- Accuracy whores don't have to retry after getting a bad accuracy.

Make it count your PCs and you gonna solve issue 1 and 2, plus acc. whores will still be able to fake their accuracy, not like you can do anything about it they can still retry near the end even playing no-mod.
bomber34
Well I didn't know that. I never play Spun Out and I also don't care really for cheaters, because I don't even play to be in top40s that often.
But your points convinced me Wishy22.
I support this.
That is the reason why people should explain in the 1. post what their feature is be for. :|
Pizzicato
divx will cry
thelewa

Wishy22 wrote:

Spun-Out =

1- Fake your statistics legally, meaning you could as well remove them and it wouldn't matter since you can't trust them anyways.
2- Cheat FL and say you played that map a trillion times using Spun-Out.
3- Accuracy whores don't have to retry after getting a bad accuracy.

Make it count your PCs and you gonna solve issue 1 and 2, plus acc. whores will still be able to fake their accuracy, not like you can do anything about it they can still retry near the end even playing no-mod.
Smart people don't care about overall accuracy anyway.

But it would be cool to see people's playcounts and compare them to my own. It feels wrong to be one of the few top players who doesn't use SpunOut at all.