forum

This Season in Maps (Spring 2012)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Since we love to map TV sizes and stuff, I thought it might be cool to gauge how well series are liked by the osu! community by counting how many maps there were that related to this season. As a result, here is the list of the number of mapsets in pending/help/ranked for each song.

Songs:
StylipS - MIRACLE RUSH: 5 (Saki: Achiga-hen episode of Side-A)
May'n - Chase the world: 4 (Accel World)
Ushirokara Haiyoritai G - Taiyou Iwaku Moeyo Chaos: 4 (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san)
Acchi Kocchi - Acchi de Kocchi de: 3 (Acchi Kocchi)
Haruna Luna - Sora wa Takaku Kaze wa Utau: 3 (Fate/Zero) (Ampzz does not accept the last one because it is spelled wrong xD)
Kalafina - to the beginning: 3 (Fate/Zero)
Kuribayashi Minami - HAPPY CRAZY BOX: 2 (Medaka Box)
nano.RIPE - Esoragoto: 2 (Sankarea)
Nomizu Iori - *** Passionate: 2 (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD)
Sphere - Non stop road: 2 (Natsuiro Kiseki)
Sphere - Ashita e no Kaerimichi: 2 (Natsuiro Kiseki)
Tomohisa Sako - Zutto: 2 (Kimi to Boku. 2)
Kawada Mami - Borderland: 1 (Jormungand)
Konomi Suzuki - CHOIR JAIL: 1 (Tasogare Otome x Amnesia)
Rumi Ookubo - Te o Gyu Shite ne: 1 (Acchi Kocchi)
Saki: Achiga-hen Cast - SquarePanicSerenade: 1 (Saki: Achiga-hen episode of Side-A)
Yamaguchi Rie - Koi no Beginner Nan Desu (T_T): 1 (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD)

Current leaders:
Anime with most mapped song: Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A for StylipS - MIRACLE RUSH (4 maps)
Anime with most maps: Fate/Zero for Haruna Luna - Sora wa Takaku Kaze wa Utau and Kalafina - to the beginning (3+3 = 6 maps)
Anime with most ranked maps: Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD (1 ranked map)

If I missed anything or something needs to be updated, leave a message (or edit it in). Otherwise, have fun discussing how popular songs should be.
ampzz
All anime opening and endings sorted by alphabetical anime title order.

Accel World

May'n - Chase the world (Opening)
Acchi Kocchi

Acchi Kocchi Cast - Acchi de Kocchi de (Opening)
Rumi Ookubo - Te o Gyu Shite ne (Ending)
Fate/Zero

Kalafina - To the Beginning (Opening)
Haruna Luna - Sora wa Takaku Kaze wa Utau (Ending)
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Ushirokara Haiyoritai G - Taiyou Iwaku Moeyo Chaos (Opening)
Jormungand

Kawada Mami - Borderland (Opening)
Kimi to Boku. 2

Tomohisa Sako - Zutto (Opening)
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD

Nomizu Iori - *** Passionate (Opening)
Yamaguchi Rie - Koi no Beginner Nan Desu (T_T) (Ending)
Medeka Box

Kuribayashi Minami - HAPPY CRAZY BOX (Opening)
Natsuiro Kiseki

Sphere - Non stop road (Opening)
Sphere - Ashita e no Kaerimichi (Ending)

Saki: Achiga-hen episode of Side-A

StylipS - MIRACLE RUSH (Opening)
Saki: Achiga-hen Cast - SquarePanicSerenade (Ending)

Sankarea

nano.RIPE - Esoragoto (Opening)
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Konomi Suzuki - CHOIR JAIL (Opening)
Sallad4ever
How about also including the link to maps that have been ranked (AFAIK only Nomizu Iro is already ranked with 1 bubble)
About which song will have more maps I'd go with the most general approach. The famous one will have the most maps!!
Mogsy
Sure, it's not done and I'm only saying that it exists because it's my map, but from Jormungand: Kawada Mami - Borderland.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Mogsworth wrote:

Sure, it's not done and I'm only saying that it exists because it's my map, but from Jormungand: Kawada Mami - Borderland.
Added

Sallad4ever wrote:

How about also including the link to maps that have been ranked (AFAIK only Nomizu Iro is already ranked with 1 bubble)
About which song will have more maps I'd go with the most general approach. The famous one will have the most maps!!
I will have to disagree, sort of, Fate/Zero is incredibly popular so as expected, it has a lot of maps. However, how do you explain Saki: A-side? The first season has a total of 4 ranked songs (1 of them was incredibly recent, only 2 of them ranked in the year the anime aired). I don't think that means it is popular....
xsrsbsns
Well about mine.. I'm actually not watching A-side nor did I watch its predecessor. Just mapped it because my friend asked me to.
Sallad4ever
@blissfulyoshi: you're right, but imo it's one of the reason why the particular title have so many maps (because so many people watched it so many people wanted to map it too)
Another reason I can think of is because of the singer, but I'm not sure about this one my self :P
ampzz
This is more just a fun indication of the popularity and density of whichever anime OP/ED is chosen by most of the osu! mapping community.
It also allows as a guide for those who might've been looking for the anime opening and ending themes but couldn't be bothered to search for themselves. XD
Sallad4ever

ampzz wrote:

This is more just a fun indication of the popularity and density of whichever anime OP/ED is chosen by most of the osu! mapping community.
It also allows as a guide for those who might've been looking for the anime opening and ending themes but couldn't be bothered to search for themselves. XD
True that. When I still new to anime, I hear to the opening to decide whether to watch it or not.
Now? I'm still doing that xD
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Okay, I did a quick update on the listings. Quite interesting imo. Taiyou Iwaku Moeyo Chaos, Chase the world, and Miracle rush all have 4 maps now.

Oh well these numbers are still small in comparison to the likes of Endless Story, Irony, Bad Apple, and the like. From a count I did 5 months ago

blissfulyoshi wrote:

For counting purposes,

Hacking to the Gate:
1 ranked, 2 pending, 24 graveyarded

Endless Story:
1 ranked, 11 pending, 6 graveyarded

Irony:
4 ranked, 1 pending, 13 graveyarded (only counted ones that were focused on irony not mashups that mixed in other songs)

none of these even come close to the amount of bad apple maps there are xD