forum

Background dim opacity setting [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Background dim that I mean is:
When we play in a beatmap, the background dimmed, and every break, the background isn't dimmed.

Here's what I request: How if we can set the dim lower or higher (simply: more dim or less dim)?

The main idea to request this feature is, sometimes the combo colours are less contrast with the background (e.x. white notes in white background) making the notes less visible to player. Well actually, in osu! standard gameplay, those notes were still a little visible, but in CatchTheBeat mode, the notes will be harder to see, since they didn't have any combo numbers or contrast overlays.

Although this is possible via little editing in background, but editing a background actually also edited the .osu file, making the beatmap behaves like it was being made and haven't been uploaded... bla bla bla. You know what I mean, right? And editing isn't very efficient, in order we have to edit the backgrounds manually one by one.

C'mon, this feature is simple and easy to understand, I don't have to explain this much longer. ;)

~sorry for my bad english
Xact
This actually makes sense and is a good solution. Perhaps even the possibility to choose a "tint" of the dimmed effect preference to counter contrast as necessary.

Good idea!
Sakura
t/57118 duplicate.