forum

Tweening problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crok425
Hey.

I'm trying to make a map, I want to make the Kiai mode special, so I'm trying to tween the foreground so it can loop in every beat, but it doesn't work. There is this map that I have that does what I want to do, and it's one called ''How Do You Do'' (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13393 this one to be exact)... I'm trying to follow what it does there... but I can't do it.

Anyone can help me?
[deleted user]
Hope the map, need it! who can help us?
Sakura
Moved to storyboarding, and for loops you need to manually add them by editing the .osb file, read the "Storyboarding by scripting" sticky for more info.
Breeze
In case you didn't found it

Looping

Standard Loops:
Loops can be defined to repeat a set of events constantly for a set number of iterations.

_L,starttime,loopcount
__event, [...]
__event, [...]

starttime: the time of the first loop's start.
loopcount: number of times to repeat the loop.

Note that events inside a loop should be timed with a zero-base. This means that you should start from 0ms for the inner event's timing and work up from there. The loop event's start time will be added to this value at game runtime.

_L,starttime,loopcount
__event, [...]
__event, [...]
Topic Starter
Crok425

Breeze wrote:

In case you didn't found it

Looping

Standard Loops:
Loops can be defined to repeat a set of events constantly for a set number of iterations.

_L,starttime,loopcount
__event, [...]
__event, [...]

starttime: the time of the first loop's start.
loopcount: number of times to repeat the loop.

Note that events inside a loop should be timed with a zero-base. This means that you should start from 0ms for the inner event's timing and work up from there. The loop event's start time will be added to this value at game runtime.

_L,starttime,loopcount
__event, [...]
__event, [...]
Thanks, I tried to find something about that... but the forum is too big and I couldn't find anything with the forum search. Thanks, I'll try to do it.

If the song is in 118.22 BPM, how should I loop the storyboard then?

EDIT: I don't understand the event part... I seriosuly don't. I understood the start time and loop count, but not the event.
Breeze
Then read this for detail
ziin
118.22 BEATS per MINUTE
that's 507.53 MILLISECONDS per BEAT. Also note that this is the number in your .osu file under [timing] section.
so you'd start at 0 and go to 2030 (=507.53 * 4) for a loop every measure.

t/43474
watch these videos and it will likely help.

I'm afraid that if you can't figure it out by yourself with all of the help available to you in this forum, then you will likely never be able to do it. It's got a high learning curve, but once you understand the basics of storyboarding everything else comes easy. After that the only hard part is optimizing the storyboard which again, is not that hard if you think about it. I may just be really smart too.

Also, a "sticky" is a pinned topic which is always at the top of the forum. Always read the stickies. They contain incredibly important information. It should be the first place you look for anything on any forum anywhere.
Topic Starter
Crok425
Okay, I think that's enough, thanks for the help. I understand things when it's with detail. That'll be all, thanks.