forum

How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
sleepwalking
being a weeb u just got to go to rhythm games lol. i played rhythm games on my phone and transferred over to pc. also watched miraie too from my brother.
Tamaninja
There was a guy I knew who was obsessed with Rohulk I watched one of Rohulk's vids and I downloaded it and I couldn't realize why I can't play with my keyboard.
Skip forward 1 year and another friend of mine was playing osu so I joined him and he helped me with the keyboard thingy and since then I pretty much played.
Totoryu
Watched ReeseWasHere.
Cookiezi CRACK TRAXXXX pass got me into the game probably yea lmao
Eletronnical
To be honest, I don't exactly remember how I got into osu!. But I remember that I loved watching osu! on YouTube. I can't remember the youtuber/channel name though. Probably just some known youtubers.
Alot
through a website called stumpbleupon
Roochs
Youtube recommendation -
squartatrice_
Thanks a youtuber called Ratorix
safir
From a youtuber basically :) I don't think i really have an interesting story so
- Marco -
from an italian youtuber called Zeb89
Vello
Whenever a friend of mine came to me we've played computer games. He didnt had one so i had to play on my brothers pc and he ad osu!. And since he and his friends always talked about it i thought i give it a try so here i am.
Drika
I came to pc, a friend told me to try this game, gave up for a while, saw surefour and effect (ow players) playing aim maps, thought i should give aim maps a try
a while later and im 50k mouse only
Arctos Sagittario
Thought I’ve replied to this post, turns out I haven’t…
A roommate played it, I got interested. Nothing dramatic.
ImEmix
i cant remember when i found osu but iv recently gotten back into it and trying to get better than i used to be again xD
Maizor
My friend forced me to play it and then my addiction started while he quit the game. You could almost say he transferred an addiction
Awesome Aasim
I discovered osu! through TikTok. I saw a few osu!players and thought, "This is a great rhythm game!" then I looked at the comments and saw the game was called osu! so I installed it and now I am kinda addicted.
resident evil
Warpscon
simple, found a youtube video of a play or something, and downloaded it and having been playing ever since.
Rakuyo
I actually knew of the game for quite sometime from a friend who played it and would post her replays on social media sites. I didn't start playing until much, much later when I decided to give it a try out of curiosity.
vulp
a video of rrtyui's big black SS lol
Lammy1

Arbusion wrote:

My story is I found a Miraie video in my recommended, and i enjoyed his content so i looked at other videos he uploaded and found osu, i downloaded it and gave it a go, then didn't play for 5 months

I'm sure some people would have some interesting stories on how they found out about osu, so let me know!

It was definitely a Miraie or Beasttrollmc video for me too. I think it was Beastroll's "The Big Black" video from years ago where he failed and raged at the game, but I remember watching lots of Miraie's videos.
zedah
i discovered it because highlights videos on youtube 5 years ago until i decided to buy a tablet after playing beat saber :P
Hapy
saw it on youtube and thought it looked really cool so i tried it on my potato laptop and it ran at like 5 fps so i stopped playing

and then like 3 years after i download it and suddenly get addicted.

sigh
Ribenji
discovered osu while looking for free games playable on NoGraphicCard PC, and it feels good to get 500+fps on this game!
epic man 2
My story is that... Uh...

RoBeats existed.
Syako
I discover osu! when I was looking up for a game to play at school in 2016 I think , i'm not realy sure xD
Lidiloth
a
Astellis
I found osu by looking down on twitch and finding some random player, nobody famous because Australian timezone but some mapper, looked interesting so i tried it
Hinanawi Tenshi
Well I found it when I was watching a TV program “Shooting Game”which is so funny haha.
There is always a lot of joking and laughter in the television u know.
Akui
A friend baited me into this drug like game. Now i seek help D:
shmowzoww
Early 2010's I think it was Dyrus (LoL player, I'm sure most people know who he is) I saw playing the game, though i didn't know what the game was at the time. Then, quite a few years later, someone in a random discord i was in said I should try the game so i figured why not. Now i'm here, 5 in the morning at work reading/posting on a forum for OSU!
WillSixtySix
Saw Bubbleman's clutch in OWC 2018 and thought it was amazing.
Hello2you
A classmate from middle school was playing it in class. At that time I was a total weeb and they were playing some anime opening (probably SAO). It looked fun so I downloaded the game.
Christ31

Hello2you wrote:

A classmate from middle school was playing it in class. At that time I was a total weeb and they were playing some anime opening (probably SAO). It looked fun so I downloaded the game.

Exactly the same for me xD. Friends in school play osu!mania and that looks awesome, and they play anime's OP too. I think it's Kiseiiju.

*Traveling back to 2014...
hyderyuri
well i was playing league of legends and one day i said hey i wanna stop losing im stuck wtf, then i decided to go on a journey to improve my skills then i found out bunch of videos i looked up some of them and one of these videos suggested to play osu to get ur reaction time bumped up so i said hey why not then i played the game during 2015 then stopped for 4 years and now i came back for no reason at all... and i think im gonna go back to not playing again XD...
KanashiiKun
I saw videos on youtube back in high school (3-7 years ago) but it looked difficult so I didn't want to try it, but I saw my friend streaming it on discord and gave it a try. Now I'm addicted.
Modzin
It all started during a school assembly in 2017 when one of my friends was asking someone else next to him about this game, At first,I ignored everything being the "too edgy for this world" kid but later, I got hooked into everything and started asking questions and all that. I remember the very first game I had was with many of my former school and current school friends all in a multi lobby.

Now I need to stop playing this game
MusicRitman
Youtube recommendations even if I didn't played any rhythm games (osu! was my first)
KimikaTachibana
this video right here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gABfLK9Rv4Y
I then created my account (not this one) the same year the video was uploaded.
Sponchi
I saw a BFB (Web series) fangirl on YouTube playing it around two years ago
qiyirie
I listened to Galaxy Collapse on Youtube and saw someone mention Osu so I checked it out and ended up downloading it on a whim
show more