Thread Necromancy

posted
Total Posts
show more
johnmedina999
G'mornin'.
samX500
holy shit I got up at 11 am today.

I usually get up at around 7, I guess christmass is really tiring.
johnmedina999
Slow day, huh?

samX500
just watched Madoka Magiac movie 1. I want to get back into it before watching rebellion and then the new seasons.
Achromalia
falling behind.
pentaqola
one day my lazy ass might do something i wanna do
samX500
same here
Achromalia
tired. unsure what to do at the moment.
samX500
Tommorow I'll get back to euphonium practice with the Arban's method book I got for christmass!
Achromalia
i'll put off the college/university idea until later. i don't think it's worth considering right now, i should be working on my animation and my music.
johnmedina999
I played SSBU at a friend's house. Inkling girl is a fun character to use. I got second place in a 3 player brawl.

EDIT: NICO IS SO GOD DAMNED CUTE IN THIS DUAL RIP, OMG.

AND IT'S AFTER SCHOOL NAVIGATORS. I WANT THAT NICO ART BADLY.

Also full tournament theme!

samX500
good night
Achromalia
i just annotated some keyframes of my animation. still rough, concept needs work, but i'm more confident in what this could be.

433 frames total. i could get the roughs done for 5 different main keyframes, but there's some transition frames near the end. i suspect 1 keyframe per day will do with roughs, as well the other in-betweens. sketches may take a day or two.

2 days for sketching.

5 days for roughs.

then, 5 days for linework and painting.

2 days for polishing & lighting.

1 day to compile sound & video somehow, as well as feedback.

15 days for about 36 seconds of 12fps animation, just enough time to finish by 1/11/19.

i must start now. no delays. time to prioritize, and get this done.

this is actually really easy, as there are only 5 main keyframes to be concerned with, and i can do other cool stuff in-between.

normal animations would have at least a few dozens of keyframes for 30-second animations, so... this is just practice. really important, nerve-wracking practice.

let's see how this goes.
johnmedina999
That sounds like a lot of frames, and a packed schedule. Good luck! Don't burn yourself out

Status: jammin'. Friday night house mix never fails to please. Though the second hour is always better than the first one.
pentaqola
still wasting my time
Achromalia

pentaqola wrote:

still wasting my time

mood
samX500
let's go to my euphonium practice
pentaqola
samX500
prep finished, let's go
Achromalia
internet debates with people are fun.

when it's civil. and if what they're saying isn't full of discrepancies and cognitive dissonance.

oh boy.
Nate Bait
if water makes things wet but isn't initially wet, does that mean water surrounded/covered by water is wet?
Achromalia
no. it'd be water.
vinnicci
not dry
johnmedina999
Post!
samX500
hi
johnmedina999
Nice! Four hours.

It's really nice and relaxing looking at the different channels do different things. I can't discern what PSG3 is doing, though.
samX500
good job John!
johnmedina999
Thanks! I'll take this hour, too.

I think I'm done with VGMMM for today. I'll continue tomorrow.
samX500
I'll be takig this hours then
johnmedina999
Same
Achromalia
almost no progress. still stuck on first frame, made dozens of bubbles though.
johnmedina999
Damn.

Status: started playing this at 10:00 PM like it's a Friday night house mix on my radio station, to keep the hype going. I've listened to it a thousand times, but once more won't hurt.

pentaqola
livid at myself
Achromalia
disappointed with my lack of progress. approximately 20% of the rough for the first keyframe was done, and that's just a simple scene with BUBBLES. I HAVE TO ANIMATE THAT. I HAVE TO PAINT OVER THAT. yet, only one frame. alas.

i have to draw parts of a skeletal body next! 4 more times-- no, technically, at least 128 times (just with more ease as i'm essentially tracing over keyframes), eghhhh.

...but, no.

i suppose it's to be expected. animation is pretty rough work, but i think it just... comes naturally, as long as i continue to work with this and make progress out of habit.

i need to stop relying on motivation. i've been watching youtube for 70% of my waking hours. i can manage to make some progress, and yet, i struggle anyways. i get distracted.

...hmm.

i... guess that's alright.
JarvisGaming
hi
pentaqola
greetings
johnmedina999
Man, I hate how I woke up at 4:00 AM. I can't sleep anymore.
samX500
It feels like such a long time since I have last worked
johnmedina999
I slept for like thirty minutes more. Oh well.

Edit: welp, time to go back unto tournament mode.

I'll have to catch up on all the videos, lol. Where has this been all my life?

Edit 2: there are way too many videos to catch up on. Not gonna follow this tourney lmao
Topic Starter
abraker
3 hours!

show more