forum

Thread Necromancy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Westonini
nah, it's Nishino.

i've heard that while some are better than others, they're all not very great. Nishino does have a big grading curve, but that's only because of how poorly people do in that class. i'm still somewhat thankful for the curve tho since some of the other physics professors don't have a curve and, from what i've heard, seem just as bad.
samX500
a nwe mounth, a new opportunity to take the top spot.
johnmedina999

Westonini wrote:

nah, it's Nishino.

i've heard that while some are better than others, they're all not very great. Nishino does have a big grading curve, but that's only because of how poorly people do in that class. i'm still somewhat thankful for the curve tho since some of the other physics professors don't have a curve and, from what i've heard, seem just as bad.

Ah, I see. I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you luck on your test!

Here's the new bracket, btw:

So here go my thoughts:

I'm glad that Takeuchi won. We have so much momentum that the Takeuchi/MissingNo. battle of the century will be inevitable. Very exciting! We just need to beat the Jazz Cats.

I'm very sad, however, that Rhythm Masters lost. I knew it was inevitable; they don't call MissingNo. one of the gods of Loser's for nothing. The match was very close, only a difference of a couple hundred votes. One of them had to go. May you rest in peace, RM.

The Winner's matches were 100% predictable, and that's a good thing. It's very surprising and inspiring how the Jazz Cats got this far. I thought they were going to drop out 0-2, like HOBaRT did.

They're going up against Takeuchi next round. I hope we get a cool Jazz arrangement of a city pop song!

And Daft Punk. Man, DP has some good tracks, but I wouldn't want DJPK to lose. I can only hope that Daft Punk doesn't get demolished too hard by MissingNo. Can't wait to see the battle, though.

As always, good luck to all contestants!

Edit: nice ninja.
Westonini
btw how's your Political Sci class comin' along John?
Achromalia
for now, i hope westo or sam can take this one. not really interested in winning this month, but i would like to just get by and stick in the top 10.
Westonini
meh, i haven't really cared for getting 1st place since last December. it's normally too time consuming and distracting to even bother. September was a bit different since i had such a huge head start.
Achromalia

holy FUCK FUCK SHIT

THIS IS DAMN COOL

I LOVE THIS

alrighty. we'll be getting our rips tonight so look out for mariya >:O

fuck this is going to be fucking heart-pounding

vote responsibly and good luck to mariya's and missingno's opponents!
johnmedina999

Westonini wrote:

btw how's your Political Sci class comin' along John?

It was actually much better than day 1. The other three days we actually did some work and studying. I have the final on Friday.
Achromalia
goddamn. i really want missingno to pull through, but the source list is so obscure that frankly i'm afraid of how things will go from here.
johnmedina999

Achromalia wrote:

goddamn. i really want missingno to pull through, but the source list is so obscure that frankly i'm afraid of how things will go from here.

I think MissingNo. has too much momentum to lose this. Daft Punk is very strong, but they might not be strong enough for one of the gods of Loser's.

Also, new Takeuchi rip! It's a banger! The first solo rip to be actually composed by Takeuchi, and it's amazing!

Also also, TAKEUCHI X MISSINGNO. DUAL RIP CONFIRMED.

I'll say it now: I'm sorry, Achro, but if it comes down to it, I'm voting Takeuchi over MissingNo. :p
Achromalia

johnmedina999 wrote:

I'll say it now: I'm sorry, Achro, but if it comes down to it, I'm voting Takeuchi over MissingNo. :p

honestly i'm fine with that, if it comes down to either Takeuchi or MissingNo., i'd be fine with either one. both are great. MissingNo.'s my top main but damn, Mariya's sources and potential are lovely and are definitely on par with MissingNo., i'd just like to see the more obscure content like IDM getting more recognition.

(also you already said that before, about a few days ago lmao)
johnmedina999
ah, I didn't remember, lol

It's just that I became obsessed with city pop a few years ago, ever since Takeuchi's Plastic Love popped up on my recommended. It's pushed me to complete things I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. And it's so great seeing her progress as a god of Loser's so far into the tournament. I was really scared she was going to drop out 0-2, but look where we are now.

Edit: and also I forgot to mention something. I don't know if you knew, but second place is getting a fusion collab this year! So second place isn't a loss.
Achromalia
fuck yeah, gotta at least get one of 'em to 2nd place. preferably both.

excited asf to see the takeuchi + missingno collab too.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
sdfdsfsdfsfd
Achromalia
hmm, nice timing. i just got a top monthly score of 13K and about 6 hours later i hit 130K All-Time points.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ghj
pentaqola
entering
samX500
last exam, which is a prog exam, is today at 11 am (right now 6:29 am). I should have 3 hours to prepare for it once I get to school.
pentaqola
gonna go to a christmas party tomorrow at my school just to end this school year...

somewhat happy about it, because i'm about to finally get a christmas break...
johnmedina999
Breaking news, the tournament is cancelled, DJ Professor K wins!

samX500
wait what
johnmedina999
I'm kidding, lol.
samX500
exam time right now. Let's go
Achromalia
bruh momentum

i must see DJK v. TAKEUCHI before this ends and have that satisfying TAKEUCHI v. MISSINGNO. finale.
johnmedina999
2 hours!

I hate how this song is a meme. It's so smooth, and I want more like it.

Also, the YouTube comment "confirming" a MissingNo. x Takeuchi dual rip is false. Hopefully we get one regardless.

Also also, hopefully DJPK wins against L&D. Some interesting things will happen if he loses this match, but I don't want to experiment with that firsthand.

Hyped for MissingNo. vs Mariya! Both contestants need to win their next matches!

Also also also, Monokuma came out with a post reminding us to Vote Responsibly!
Achromalia
mn0
johnmedina999
Hey, a 2hu rip I get! Most of ZUN's rips were not the big meme 2hu songs like UN Owen or Marisa Stole the Precious Thing, but we got one, and it's pretty good. Just a bit short is all.

I personally like the jazz arrangement from last year, in my opinion. It's really catchy. But they're both great, don't get me wrong!

Achromalia
d9o
johnmedina999
I just realized something: where is the loser of the L&D/DJPK match drop down to?

As you can see, in the Loser's bracket, there are two matches currently going on, and the winners of those matches will go against each other to become the Loser's finalist, which will be one of the four contestants. As I'm seeing it, the Loser's finalist will battle the Winner's finalist in the last match. This leaves no room for whoever loses the Winner's match. Will the loser fight the Loser's finalist in the penultimate match? I don't know how that works.
johnmedina999
I just realized something: where is the loser of the L&D/DJPK match drop down to?

As you can see, in the Loser's bracket, there are two matches currently going on, and the winners of those matches will go against each other to become the Loser's finalist, which will be one of the four contestants. As I'm seeing it, the Loser's finalist will battle the Winner's finalist in the last match. This leaves no room for whoever loses the Winner's match. Will the loser fight the Loser's finalist in the penultimate match? I don't know how that works.

Edit: what the fuck, Internet
pentaqola
double up!
Achromalia
chkdsk c:
samX500
School finished for me. My last session will start on the 22 of january and then university it is.
pentaqola
damn
Achromalia
amn
samX500
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Achromalia
kks
johnmedina999
^_^
Achromalia

Achromalia wrote:

kks

lid
pentaqola
dear year 2020,

please... when it is christmas during that year... i want the person that give me a present to NOT give me a bag... i am tired of the amount of bags i am getting and not being able to use... it is filling up my guilt...

from,
pentaqola
show more