forum

Error 0xc000007b after updating osu! [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
I got this error message after I updated my osu! yesterday.

This is the same problem I experienced everytime I run .NET implemented applications.
I've already installed and updated my .NET framework, it's .NET Framework 4.0 now, but the problem persists.

And everytime I run osume.exe it always "Downloading osu.exe.zip".

oh yeah, the osu!test runs fine. But I have to stay connected if I want to play with osu!test.
I'm using USB dongle broadband modem which unallows me to use the modem too long, or it's credit will quickly depleted.

Help please!
Winshley
You should install .NET Framework 2.0 instead. I believe .NET Framework 4.0 is not backward compatible.
peppy
Ignore the above post (bad advice).
Please try deleting any osu!.exe and zip files in your osu! directory, then running osume.exe again.
Topic Starter
Zip files in my osu! directory, what do you mean? Could you describe it more detailed?

I've tried delete the osu!.exe and running osume.exe, it updated, I got new osu!.exe file, but problem persists.
peppy
Topic Starter
- I forget to mention, my Windows 7 is 32 bit.
- And, I got no viruses, no malwares, nothing suspicious except that error.
- The second link you give to me didn't help either... :x
- Most of the solutions offered on the web just, didn't work for me, some might be just fucking scams.
Those scams were disguising as registry scanner/cleaner that HAD to be registered before we want to use it's functions.
I don't want to waste money (I didn't even have any money) for buying a stupid shit.

Like this:

- Hey peppy, are you adding or replacing the last framework in osu!.exe into a different framework?
peppy
I was giving the google links as examples of what you should look for. Unfortunately I can't go out of my way to fix your windows.
Nothing has changed from this end.
Topic Starter
I've tried every solutions provided from google but nothing helps... :(

...So? Do you have any different solutions?
peppy
Reinstalling windows would be my next move, if I was in your shoes.
Naravia
Have you tried disabling that weird custom theme you have? That error message is rather generic but generally speaking if the error message gives you a memory address (0x00000000 for example) then it's having trouble manipulating something to do with the system.

Also, I'd recommend running an actual malware scan such as COMODO or MalwareBytes seeing as you've just installed a ton of bad software
Topic Starter
As long as I know, yeah, I do modify lots of registries and system files (I am a system modder) but everything still runs fine until... well, I don't really know when the problem started.

Guess reinstalling Windows is the only working solution I thought...
Then I'm considering this problem solved.
Topic Starter
The problem goes back. Somebody help me!

I've already reinstalled my Windows, reinstall osu! and reupdate, but nothing changes from the last problem.
peppy
Did it work at all before it stopped again? More details.
Topic Starter

peppy wrote:

Did it work at all before it stopped again? More details.
What do you mean "stopped"?

I reinstalled windows (Windows 7 32-bit), installed .NET Framework 4.0, download osume.exe, running it from an empty folder, the osume.exe downloads everything (the osu!.exe, the files, etc.) but the problem persists.

Eh... actually to prevent bandwidth consuming (large download), I already put osu.dll (from the last worked installation) along with the osume.exe.

Oh yeah, everytime we update, what files are updated? Is it including the osu.dll or osu!framework.dll ?
peppy
Why would you use the "old" files if there was potentially a problem? And why are you not using the installer?
Topic Starter
That's why I'm asking you what files that were updated, so I could check whether was this file "malfunctioned" that causes error.

I've tried using installer, then when I open it, it updates, and the problem came back.
peppy
What else have you got installed apart from osu!? Any other games that install XNA or similar frameworks? Does the osu! version from the installer work any better (skip the update by disconnecting your internet temporarily).
Topic Starter
Umm... I don't know, when I installed osu! I was connected to internet, and when I opened the osu!.exe, it opened normally (Yes, it opened normally, but before I update) After updating, the problem came back.

Okay, I believe this problem came from ONLY the osu!.exe, since when I replaced the faulty osu!.exe with old osu.exe (I only replaced osu!.exe, I didn't replace anything else) and open it with internet disconnected, everything runs fine.

So, there's a simple solution which could be made:
If I didn't update the osu!.exe,
or
Automatic updates could be turned off,

everything should run fine. And I can play osu! online.

If there's a way to turn off automatic updates, this problem will surely be solved earlier.
peppy
It's strange that you're the only one seeing this problem. Can you try the test build (even though you won't be able to login) and see if it works any better?
Topic Starter
The test build works fine. No problem at all.
(but since I'm not a supporter, I can't play, edit, or doing anything there)

Yeah, it's totally weird. I know there's something faulty, something that I couldn't fix in my computer, but what?

And I can't turn off automatic updates, can I?
show more